Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by stc
Is it possible that it was a "rate" difference. IIRC, when I am staying on an IBM rate at the London Heathrow Hilton T4, I am offered breakfast in the restaurant when I am given lounge access.
Could be breakfast is included in that corporate rate.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
My UK tour of the good, the bad and the ugly Hiltons continues. You can now add:

Hilton Glasgow
Executive lounge has a continental spread, along with hot items including sausages, bacon, hash browns, baked beans and scrambled eggs. Lounge breakfast only.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by RAPC
My UK tour of the good, the bad and the ugly Hiltons continues. You can now add:

Hilton Glasgow
Executive lounge has a continental spread, along with hot items including sausages, bacon, hash browns, baked beans and scrambled eggs. Lounge breakfast only.
Thank you, that's helpful.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre (Scotland)

Full breakfast offered in restaurant for Gold & Diamond (no lounge), incl usual selection of cooked foods, eggs cooked to order, do-it-yourself waffles, fresh meats, cheeses, fish, fruit, yoghurts etc.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Hilton Houston North (IAH) Full breakfast, lounge closed on weekends.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:49 pm

Double Tree Annapolis (Maryland) - Full breakfast in the lounge.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rickers
Full breakfast offered in restaurant for Gold & Diamond (no lounge), incl usual selection of cooked foods, eggs cooked to order, do-it-yourself waffles, fresh meats, cheeses, fish, fruit, yoghurts etc.
I haven't added that in the interest of keeping the posts from getting overly long. Hilton Garden Inns are supposed to offer full breakfast to all Gold/Diamond members, and the purpose of this thread is to keep a record of hotels which are required to provide continental breakfast but actually give more (or less).
Originally Posted by colpuck
Hilton Houston North (IAH) Full breakfast, lounge closed on weekends.
Do you mean (1) Full breakfast in restaurant on weekends as lounge is closed, unknown what applies on weekdays or (2) Full breakfast in restaurant 7 days a week, lounge is closed on weekends? Or something else?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Plus
Wink

Hilton Hawaiian Village: VIP Lounge had a very nice Continental Breakfast for free (Gold+)... lots of fresh fruit, juices, coffee, specialty breads, cereals, hard boiled eggs... if you opt to get the bkfast buffet it gets you $8 off the rate... which is $16 after the discount.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:09 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Smile Hilton Madrid [ MAD Barajas ]

Club Lounge available, but does not serve breakfast at weekends.
Received for two full breakfast in the restaurant incl. a la carte items.
This hotel is ^^^^^
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uggboy
Club Lounge available, but does not serve breakfast at weekends.
Received for two full breakfast in the restaurant incl. a la carte items.
This hotel is ^^^^^
You did not mention your status level -- after all, there now is a palpable difference between Diamond and Gold members.

This thread -- which is a very good idea -- appears to be patterned after a similar thread in the Marriot forum whereby some hotels do provide breakfast and other bennies when their lounges are closed on weekends and the hotels are not required -- and sometimes actively discouraged -- from providing benefits that would be forthcoming if the lounge was open.

As a result, some hotels have decided to extend such privileges -- if they do exist -- to only top tier Platinum members but not the lower tier Gold members, who ordinarily would receive lounge access if it were open -- since it was not, the hotels provided certain benefits to their Platinum members but not their Gold members.

Hence, if a lounge is closed, it could be that full breakfasts, and any other benefits will be provided to Diamond members but only some sort of Continental breakfast to Gold members. Therefore, if your status is not disclosed in your biography to the left, could you remember to disclose it in your post?

Thanks,

NJ

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Mar 12, 2012 at 11:39 am
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by stifle
I haven't added that in the interest of keeping the posts from getting overly long. Hilton Garden Inns are supposed to offer full breakfast to all Gold/Diamond members, and the purpose of this thread is to keep a record of hotels which are required to provide continental breakfast but actually give more (or less).

Do you mean (1) Full breakfast in restaurant on weekends as lounge is closed, unknown what applies on weekdays or (2) Full breakfast in restaurant 7 days a week, lounge is closed on weekends? Or something else?
Sorry, only had a weekend stay. so it would be (1) Full breakfast in restaurant on weekends as lounge is closed, unknown what applies on weekdays
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Doubletree by Hilton London Victoria
No lounge, but received full buffet breakfast in the restaurant as a Diamond.

Also received a free drink voucher for the evening as well.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
This thread -- which is a very good idea -- appears to be patterned after a similar thread in the Marriot forum whereby some hotels do provide breakfast and other bennies when their lounges are closed on weekends and the hotels are not required -- and sometimes actively discouraged -- from providing benefits that would be forthcoming if the lounge was open.

As a result, some hotels have decided to extend such privileges -- if they do exist -- to only top tier Platinum members but not the lower tier Gold members, who ordinarily would receive lounge access if it were open -- since it was not, the hotels provided certain benefits to their Platinum members but not their Gold members.
I can't say I've experienced many weekday/weekend differences or gold/diamond differences at any Hilton family property in Europe (with the exception that Golds only get lounge access if they are upgraded to an room granting such access. For one thing, only one (Dusseldorf) is known to have weekend lounge closure. It does show up occasionally in the US, I suppose.
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Hence, if a lounge is closed, it could be that full breakfasts, and any other benefits will be provided to Diamond members but only some sort of Continental breakfast to Gold members. Therefore, if your status is not disclosed in your biography to the left, could you remember to disclose it in your post?
I haven't generally been mentioning gold/diamond distinctions in the index, but I can do if there's demand.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stifle
I can't say I've experienced many weekday/weekend differences or gold/diamond differences at any Hilton family property in Europe (with the exception that Golds only get lounge access if they are upgraded to an room granting such access. For one thing, only one (Dusseldorf) is known to have weekend lounge closure. It does show up occasionally in the US, I suppose.

I haven't generally been mentioning gold/diamond distinctions in the index, but I can do if there's demand.
Stifle,

no need to go back over everything, but it would be helpful going forward. Another way to look at it would be that perhaps Diamond would get something extra, besides the standard breakfast, like drink vouchers, as noted above, so I think it would be a good thing to differentiate the status of the person reporting.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa

Received coupon for free "Continental Breakfast" at SunSpot cafe. Server said that was old news -- it's now just one buffet including hot items. So this really is a free "Full Breakfast Buffet". Buffet was so-so but nice that everything is included!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.