Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
As an update, great stay at the hotel. Really one of my first Hilton stays which exceeded expectations.

1. Rooms look nicer in person than website (Tripadvisor/Hilton)
2. Bathrobe in the form of night gown. Really comfy, and stops people wearing it to the pool ?
3. Toiletries, Slippers, Night gown automatically replaced daily.
4. Had to extend another night due to flight "retime" , front desk were quick to use the lowest rate (from my existing stay) instead of website rate. ~10k yen savings/room

For multi room bookings :
Diamond benefit extended to 2 rooms (4 pax total), including bfast, lounge & pool access.

All rooms were standard and received upgrade to bridge view.

I emailed the hotel beforehand, reply was that only 1 room would receive Diamond benefit. However checked in at Front Desk and automatically handled room keys with Welcome letter & Diamond benefit. Did not do OLCI as was showing standard rooms.

One thing I noticed was the different toilet layouts in the rooms. Had 4 rooms, and 3 had different toilets. 1 Twin had no rain shower + basic water controls, while another Twin had rain shower + separate temp/pressure + shutters looking into room. King had the same but a completely separate shower. Otherwise fittings were all similar and wouldn't have minded either type

All in all, a great stay with easy access (but ~30minutes) to most of Tokyo's attractions. Many things around the hotel itself, along with 24h convenience store + 24h McD or Jap fast food (beef/pork rice bowl).
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
Originally Posted by wantan
As an update, great stay at the hotel. Really one of my first Hilton stays which exceeded expectations.

All in all, a great stay with easy access (but ~30minutes) to most of Tokyo's attractions. Many things around the hotel itself, along with 24h convenience store + 24h McD or Jap fast food (beef/pork rice bowl).
Thanks a lot for sharing. I will be staying there soon for 6 days. I will also share my experience afterwards. My only concern is that it may take a bit longer to reach places like Ghibli Museum and Hello Kitty Land. Most places in downtown seem to be reachable within 1 hour. Upon further research I found some tours start to provide pick up service at this hotel. It may be convenient to some.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Nearby restaurants/pubs?

For those who have stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba, any recommendations on good restaurants and/or bars nearby? I have a one week stay coming up at the end of May. Looking to enjoy some craft beer, and a variety of foods. I've been to Japan (including Tokyo) many times, but never this area.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:13 pm

I've been to the area a few times but never stayed at the hotel. In my limited experience there is praculaly nothing open outside of 9-5 business hours except things within/attached to malls. These shut between 8-10 and I haven't found a bar or food scene. There is an arcade and a basic food hall but it's not great on the Tokyo scale of food...

Good luck though, I'd be happy to be wrong
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Cynicor
There is an arcade and a basic food hall but it's not great on the Tokyo scale of food...Good luck though, I'd be happy to be wrong
Odaiba gives space. Tokyo has no space. Many reasons why the JR trains cost double to travel there, 1 way, in comparison to other areas of Kantou Prefecture.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:09 am

Twin Room bed size: are they twin beds?

Hi, I plan on staying at this hotel with my family (2 adults, 2 kids (age 6 and 4)

Does anyone know if the twin beds are regular US twin size?

Can't tell from the pics. Emailed the hotel with no response

I combed through tripadvisor and what I can gather is the twin room has 2 beds that are not quite as small as twin, but not a double.

So hoping 1 adult and 1 kid can sleep in each bed, but not sure.

Seems like this hotel nickles and dimes for everything so would like to avoid having to be charged for a rollaway bed.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by kayexalate
Hi, I plan on staying at this hotel with my family (2 adults, 2 kids (age 6 and 4)

Does anyone know if the twin beds are regular US twin size?

Can't tell from the pics. Emailed the hotel with no response

I combed through tripadvisor and what I can gather is the twin room has 2 beds that are not quite as small as twin, but not a double.

So hoping 1 adult and 1 kid can sleep in each bed, but not sure.

Seems like this hotel nickles and dimes for everything so would like to avoid having to be charged for a rollaway bed.
I find the information on some of the Japanese websites.

The size of twin bed is just 120cm or 47inch in all types of rooms including executive or suites.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:17 pm
Pid

Programs: BA Silver; Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Stayed here twice in Aug 17 and both times we were looked after very well. On one of the stays, one might was booked in my Wife's name who is only gold, however, they maintained the Diamond benefits throughout. As Diamond we got an upgrade each visit and complimentary access to the pool/spa. Breakfast was good in the Executive Lounge but much better in the restaurant. Afternoon tea and evening cocktails in the Executive Lounge were also good. Eat out each evening in one of the restaurants in the malls, there were lots to choose from.

While the location is a little out of town, it has good transport links so it is not really an issue. It is also convenient for the airport. As we had little luggage, we walked 10 mins up the road to meet the train to the airport.

I would be very happy to stay at the hotel again.

Images below confirm the Diamond benefits.

Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Do they treat Golds well here?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
What would you consider good treatment?

The breakfast is nice. The lounge is nice, but the odds you'll be upgraded to an Executive room with club access are slim. The pool is nice, but you will have to pay to use the pool, whereas Diamonds do not.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
For those who have stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba, any recommendations on good restaurants and/or bars nearby? I have a one week stay coming up at the end of May. Looking to enjoy some craft beer, and a variety of foods. I've been to Japan (including Tokyo) many times, but never this area.
Hi,

I have not stayed at the hotel but beeen to Odaiba in January.

Admittedly more American but in the Aqua City Odaiba ( the shopping mall close to the Hilton Odaiba) on the 6th floor there is a branch of Red Lobster I had a meal there and it was good with a view over towards the Rainbow bridge. portions are a little smaller than the US branches but quality was good.

There is also a Hawaiian style restaurant further along in Aqua city ( did not try this one but looked ok and was quite busy)
I am planning on going back there in mid april to look at the area and go back for dinner ( will be staying at the Hilton in Shinjuku)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: AA - EXP, US - CP, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Gold
Accidentally booked for 1 adult using points

I booked an upcoming 5-night stay at the Hilton Odaiba using points (60,000/night + 1 night free) a long time ago. I just realized that the reservation only shows "1 adult" even though I booked a "Twin standard room." This is my first trip to Japan and did not realize at the time that you have to tell them you have more than one person staying in the room. My 78-year old dad is accompanying me on the trip.

I can't rebook it now at the same rate for two people. The lowest award rate they are now offering is somewhere north of 160,000 points per night.

I spoke with a Hilton awards person, and she said it should be fine - that the rate would be the same for one person as it is for two people.

Any advice?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:45 am

Yep, it's fine. Just let them know at checkin and get them to change it if they can as it can affect housekeeping- might give you fewer turndown chocolates
Old May 1, 2018, 11:32 pm

Transportation from HND?

Hi, I'm arriving on a Sunday evening (2 adults, 2 kids) to HND airport, arriving at 19:15. So after baggage and immigration, I suspect it will be close to 21:00

Looks like there is only one airport shuttle bus for the rest of the evening:

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba?Routes,Timetables,Fares?Airport Limousine Bus

Strange there is no airport buses from 16:05 to 23:05 if I'm reading correctly

Besides Taxi or Uber do I have any other options that don't involve any transfers? (with 2 tired kids and bags, I want something direct)

If not, is Uber much cheaper than a taxi? I presume it would be and just as safe/convenient.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:35 pm

Don't think there is any uber in Japan. Train is an option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.