Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alastair_actually
I am looking to book 4 nights in Tokyo midweek in March on a leisure trip. As a Gold, what do people think are the chances of an upgrade to a room with executive lounge access?
If your stay includes a Saturday or a holiday, I would guess that your chances are close to nil.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
I stayed here Monday - Wednesday this week. Totally agree that the location is not good unless you want to be in Odaiba for shopping or business. Thanks to a random routing from Google maps, I ended up taking the bus back from the Aeon Shinagawa Seaside Shopping Center (instead of the train) and it was actually pretty convenient and a little cheaper than the train. I saw that the Grand Pacific Le Daiba hotel which is right by the Hilton has a free shuttle bus - I think that would really help the hotel if they had something like that.

I thought the Executive Lounge was really nice. The breakfast was definitely adequate - I never felt the need to try the restaurant breakfast. The staff definitely seemed eager to help - walking through the lobby felt like a gauntlet because I felt like they were all saying hi to me! My room was on the "spa level" (5th floor) - the view towards the bridge and the mini Statue of Liberty and it was pretty spectacular. This would definitely not be my first choice of hotels in Tokyo, but if the price was right, I would stay again.

Last edited by manderwa; Jan 28, 2016 at 3:39 am Reason: used the phrase "something like that" too much
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: AF/KL, LH, BA, Accor, Hilton, IHG, HERTZ, Avis
Anyone experience with this one with a family of 4 (2 adults plus a 10 and 12yr old). What would you consider re. room / suite typo most appropriate?
Any news already on Lounge Access experience for more that 2 people.

Email to the property itself resulted in a vague / part copy/paste response.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: United 1K 2.6MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold and ton of others on the bottom run.
Stayed there night 11th Feb, 3 of us which included a little one. Had no problem with us all accessing the lounge and we all got free breakfast as well.

As for location, we were using it as place to meet relatives and then fly out the next day. For that it worked perfect.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Some
This hotel has a crazy number of room types - there are 6 different types of King bed room before you even get to all the suites.

More strangely, I've booked a King Hilton (base room level) and King Deluxe (next level up) on refundable rates to see if I get any kind of upgrade as a Diamond and the NOR1 upgrade offer is cheaper from the standard King Hilton than the more expensive Deluxe one to the same room types....
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Stayed here for one night during a weekend in March. Positively surprised.
- I found a very favourable rate on the day of the stay at "hiltonodaiba.jp". Approx. JPY 6,000 cheaper then the best rate at "hilton.com".
- After some waiting time at the lounge upgraded from lowest category to Royal Garden Suite. (An extremely generous, but also an extremely rare upgrade. We were told that usually suites are not in the Diamond upgrade pool). You have a nice view from the "garden" to the Jacuzzi tubs of the Terrace suites below (... though nobody was using them at the time we were having a look). ... and our kids very much enjoyed playing tag and hide and seek on the 200m2.
- Next positive surprise was that all four of us received vouchers for the pool and spa area. I guess they learned from the former complaints of Diamonds having to pay the hefty fee. The pool area is large and well kept.
- Also highly satisfied with evening snacks and breakfast at the lounge. We first intended to have breakfast at Ocean Dining. But the queue there was gargantuan, while the lounge was almost empty.
It seems that the Diamond recognition improved a lot. They learned that the hotel is not Nikko any more.
In summary, highly recommended, ... even without upgrade.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by shonanroger
Stayed here for one night during a weekend in March. Positively surprised.
- I found a very favourable rate on the day of the stay at "hiltonodaiba.jp". Approx. JPY 6,000 cheaper then the best rate at "hilton.com".
- After some waiting time at the lounge upgraded from lowest category to Royal Garden Suite. (An extremely generous, but also an extremely rare upgrade. We were told that usually suites are not in the Diamond upgrade pool). You have a nice view from the "garden" to the Jacuzzi tubs of the Terrace suites below (... though nobody was using them at the time we were having a look). ... and our kids very much enjoyed playing tag and hide and seek on the 200m2.
- Next positive surprise was that all four of us received vouchers for the pool and spa area. I guess they learned from the former complaints of Diamonds having to pay the hefty fee. The pool area is large and well kept.
- Also highly satisfied with evening snacks and breakfast at the lounge. We first intended to have breakfast at Ocean Dining. But the queue there was gargantuan, while the lounge was almost empty.
It seems that the Diamond recognition improved a lot. They learned that the hotel is not Nikko any more.
In summary, highly recommended, ... even without upgrade.
When I stayed there in October, they had a separate line for Gold/Diamond members with no wait.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by spearsba
When I stayed there in October, they had a separate line for Gold/Diamond members with no wait.
Couldn't see a second line. But the lounge is just available since end of December. So maybe they abolished the separate line since then.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Couldn't see a second line. But the lounge is just available since end of December. So maybe they abolished the separate line since then.
They did seem to be encouraging the lounge for breakfast. I had to explicitly ask for vouchers to use the restaurant.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
They did seem to be encouraging the lounge for breakfast. I had to explicitly ask for vouchers to use the restaurant.
We got the vouchers for Ocean Dining breakfast without asking.
The lounge breakfast was very good. I wish however the staff would have shown the egg dish menu proactively. We just found out that this menu exists just before we were finished when the gentlemen at the next table asked for it.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
That makes sense.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:35 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I was there four weeks ago. They had a separate line for ALL HH members. There were a few people in the "ordinary" line, the lady helping me with luggage asked if I was Hilton Honors member, if so I could use the HH line (which was empty). I replied yes, I am a Diamond member, at which point I was whisked to the EL to do the check-in. Had a cup of coffee while they did the paperwork.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Just saw the room types as I needed to go big sight.

wow, i am amazed at the number of room types before hitting executive.

There were 3 or 4 types?

I am a gold, not sure which level I have to book to get exec bennies.

Always gotten exec bennies at Hilton Shinjuku even when on the cheapest rate.

P.S: Indeed, hiltonodaiba.jp is showing a rate 10k yen cheaper for my 4 night stays.

Last edited by tycosiao; Apr 25, 2016 at 7:57 am
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a one night stay last night. Compared with January, they seemed to treat Diamonds much better this time around. No suite upgrade, but it was Golden Week, and no suite availability was showing up online, so the Twin Premium Executive that we got might have been the best room available. They also threw in the extra bed at no charge.

Unlike last time, we received free passes for the pool and locker area. The highlight is the outdoor jacuzzi, overlooking Odaiba and Tokyo. Worth two visits to experience it during day and night. There's also a dry sauna and mist sauna, but both are in the communal area that requires a swimsuit. For some reason, the pool also has a fireplace, which they'll turn on upon request.

While the hotel staff as a whole was a bit spotty, the Executive Lounge staff were all excellent, very friendly and helpful. No issue with 3pm checkout, nor with us hanging around the lounge enjoying teatime snacks for a little while longer after checkout.

Will likely make this a once a year destination going forward.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
I am here for 6 days, but not impressed by the lounge. There are a lot of guests and no real Japans food. There was some Sushi but with 50 guests and one plat of sushi you can do the math.
View is nice but come early, there are 5 tables with nice seating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.