Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Opened just a few days ago, converted from Nikko Tokyo: http://www.ausbt.com.au/new-hilton-t...pens-its-doors

Didn't realize it's such a new hotel... I've a stay booked toward end November. So today when I checked my reservation on the Hilton app, there's now a blazing red notice that the Exec Lounge's under construction and won't be available till end 2015.

I'm HH Diamond. What's the typical redress when the Exec Lounge isn't available, particularly for new hotels? I wrote to the hotel but didn't receive any answer.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
What's the typical redress when the Exec Lounge isn't available, particularly for new hotels?
Were they advertising the lounge as a feature, causing it to factor into your decision-making? If that is so, then you probably have more of a case. It is not a given that any property will have a lounge. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw you some coupons for appetizers and drinks in the restaurant/bar, but this would be at the property's discretion. One upside is that you'll definitely get breakfast in the restaurant, and I imagine it will be quite good.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm booked to stay here one night next weekend, and one of the criteria for selecting it was that it had a lounge - my flight doesn't leave until around midnight so was hoping/planning to use the lounge before I left.

Presuming I don't end up changing, I'll report back after I'm there.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:59 am
Original Poster

I emailed the hotel to inquire about what lounge alternatives are to be provided for my stay. That was a few days ago and still no answer.

It is unacceptable to just put a notice that "there is no lounge and we apologise for inconvenience of construction noise" - but with no viable alternative.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
I emailed the hotel to inquire about what lounge alternatives are to be provided for my stay. That was a few days ago and still no answer.

It is unacceptable to just put a notice that "there is no lounge and we apologise for inconvenience of construction noise" - but with no viable alternative.
I emailed the hotel about 4-5 days ago, no response, emailed them again 3 days ago. Still no responses so far!

The email I sent to was the one listed on the official website ([email protected])
Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AmexCent
I emailed the hotel about 4-5 days ago, no response, emailed them again 3 days ago. Still no responses so far!

The email I sent to was the one listed on the official website ([email protected])
Yes that is the address on the website and what I used also to correspond with the hotel. Suffice to say that after having not received any reply for over a week... I cancelled my reservation.

In fact this is a matter of personal practice now... the moment I initiate an email query to a hotel, and if they don't care to reply to my email, I would move my business to another hotel. More often than not, this turned out to be a good decision because it is generally a reflection of the hotel's competence in customer care.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I cancelled my reservation.
In the end, I did the same. A room popped up at the Hilton Tokyo for the same number of points, so I grabbed it and canceled Odaiba, if only for the convenience of being able to use the lounge between check-out and when my flight leaves (One guess where I'm writing this from...)
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:48 am

Yes that is the address on the website and what I used also to correspond with the hotel. Suffice to say that after having not received any reply for over a week... I cancelled my reservation.

In fact this is a matter of personal practice now... the moment I initiate an email query to a hotel, and if they don't care to reply to my email, I would move my business to another hotel. More often than not, this turned out to be a good decision because it is generally a reflection of the hotel's competence in customer care.
Agree wholeheartedly - I too have done likewise and Hiltons (though not the ones in Japan) are pretty bad in listing e-mail addresses on the hotel web page.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
This hotel is still just a Hilton in name only. It still looks and operates exactly as it did as a Nikko.

Maybe give it another six months for the dust to (literally) settle.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:33 pm

I currently have reservations there in December with my family for 2 nights. I had read on trip advisor or other places about kids not being allowed in the pool. So I asked Hilton. They forwarded the request on to the hotel to answer. After 14 days no answer. So I followed up with Hilton and this time I got an answer. Kids are allowed. For $15 (at current exchange rates). And adults are $30 (at current exchange rates). To use the frigging pool. (I am not talking about special spas or anything). Don't know what the scoop is at the regular Tokyo Hilton compared to Odaiba, but charging a fee to use a pool, especially on a $350+ night per room is ridiculous. A family of 4 is $90.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chadbag
I currently have reservations there in December with my family for 2 nights. I had read on trip advisor or other places about kids not being allowed in the pool. So I asked Hilton. They forwarded the request on to the hotel to answer. After 14 days no answer. So I followed up with Hilton and this time I got an answer. Kids are allowed. For $15 (at current exchange rates). And adults are $30 (at current exchange rates). To use the frigging pool. (I am not talking about special spas or anything). Don't know what the scoop is at the regular Tokyo Hilton compared to Odaiba, but charging a fee to use a pool, especially on a $350+ night per room is ridiculous. A family of 4 is $90.
Any status with Hilton? Conrad Tokyo (and most other hotels in Tokyo) charhes for the use of their pool, but offers it free to Gold members. Not sure if Odaiba Hilton does the same though.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: LH FTL, KL Platinum, AB Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond
email

Which email address did you use?
I could not find one so contacted HH Diamond desk to request one. DD stated the hotel does not have a public email address but offered to forward my email to them.
I asked them to specifically confirm what one is entitled to at this hotel (e.g. pool use, lounge alternatives etc.). Awaiting answer now.

Bastiaan
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:32 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Any status with Hilton? Conrad Tokyo (and most other hotels in Tokyo) charhes for the use of their pool, but offers it free to Gold members. Not sure if Odaiba Hilton does the same though.
A recent Tripadvisor review states that HH Gold had to pay $30 for the pool.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPBanker
A recent Tripadvisor review states that HH Gold had to pay $30 for the pool.
Actually 3000 yen, which should be about $24 now.

Just checked the Japanese website, which specifically singles out HHonors members:

アクアゾーンのご利用につきましては、ヒルトンHオナーズのお客様も上記料金を頂戴しておりま す。
"Hilton Honors members must also pay the above rates for use of the Aqua Zone."
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
After checking out the spa menu from their web site, I'm tempted to book a 45 minute "relaxation program" (massage?) for 4900 yen because that includes free access to the "Aqua and Fitness zones". Seems like a good deal if access to the aqua zone is 3000 on its own.

http://hiltonodaiba.jp/pdf/facilities/spa/menu_en.pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.