Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:58 am

Planning stay two nights in mid February. As gold, chances of upgrade to club room? If I book club room, what is likely upgrade, if any? And as gold, anyone with experience about spa policy? Gold should get fitness center, but unclear to me if that includes spa/jacuzzi

thanks
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:07 pm

To answer my own question, hotel says only Diamond has free spa access, for gold (maybe everyone?) rate is 3661 jpy first day, 1220 jpy second day

Still wondering what if any room upgrade likely to get as gold...
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Planning stay two nights in mid February. As gold, chances of upgrade to club room? If I book club room, what is likely upgrade, if any? And as gold, anyone with experience about spa policy? Gold should get fitness center, but unclear to me if that includes spa/jacuzzi
Everyone gets access to the fitness center.

The hotel has been rather stingy with this Diamond regarding upgrades. I would not expect too much as a Gold.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Stayed here several times, actually staying here tonight for 1 night.

Dont expect an upgrade higher than Club.
if you are on base rooms (facing away from tokyo tower and baybridge), expect to be upgraded to a delux room facing the tower & bridge....Diamonds and gold get the same upgrade.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:49 pm

Thanks, I wouldn't expect/hope for more than club upgrade, but trying to find most likely paid rate to get that upgrade. Deluxe, premium? Or maybe luck of the draw.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adlibitum
To answer my own question, hotel says only Diamond has free spa access, for gold (maybe everyone?) rate is 3661 jpy first day, 1220 jpy second day
I think the second day thing is actually "early bird" access. You can access the pool/spa/jacuzzi during mornings for a discount.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Finally chose this hotel for a 4 night stay end of April ... pity missed out on the 35% Sale. 1st time in Tokyo, and with elderly family (4 rooms) so figured somewhere with shopping malls nearby is a safe bet ?

Will be off a cruise (anyone know the best way for group to come from Yokohama?)

Also wondering if anyone has experience getting Diamond benefits for 2 rooms at this hotel ? Would check-ing in at the Exec Lounge increases chances of this ? 2 of us are Diamonds ...and while we would normally venture out for bfast/cocktails, likely this will be a time when the benefit comes in handy :P
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wantan
Will be off a cruise (anyone know the best way for group to come from Yokohama?)
What you're looking for is the handy boat shuttle from Yokohama to Odaiba…which, unfortunately, does not exist.

You're in a bit of a pickle here, as Osanbashi Pier isn't a particularly convenient connection to other forms of mass transportation. Other than chartering your own boat, here are a few options I can think, none of them particularly great:

1. Find a local bus to take you to Yokohama Station, find YCAT, and from there take express bus to Odaiba. An ambitious plan if you don't speak Japanese.

2. Walk 15 minutes or so to Kannai station, take the leisurely Keihin Tohoku line to Shinbashi, transfer on the entertaining Yurikamome Line to Odaiba. Maybe you best bet of getting there with your budget intact.

3. Taxis (you won't all fit into one) to Yokohama Station, then either take the bus from #1 or take one of several train options to Shinbashi and use the Yurikamome Line from #2.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I just ended up in this hotel this week - due to the fact that I couldn't find any rooms near Tokyo stations, or those that were available were in the 6 digit range. So after the Courtyard Tokyo station off to Daiba. What a difference! I got a lovely and very large upgraded room and lounge access. Even though they could not accomodate my 4 pm checkout request (or they could have in another room) I could use the lounge after checkout until 5 pm or so.

The Sakura restaurant was a letdown, especially for the price.

The whole Daiba area is new for me, was really happy there. Also, by chance I had a meeting at Suntory HQ, just a stroll down the boardwalk. ^

Here's the view from my room terrace (a panorama would be way too wide here
Attached Images  

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Apr 7, 2017 at 2:29 am
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
What you're looking for is the handy boat shuttle from Yokohama to Odaiba…which, unfortunately, does not exist.

You're in a bit of a pickle here, as Osanbashi Pier isn't a particularly convenient connection to other forms of mass transportation. Other than chartering your own boat, here are a few options I can think, none of them particularly great:

1. Find a local bus to take you to Yokohama Station, find YCAT, and from there take express bus to Odaiba. An ambitious plan if you don't speak Japanese.

2. Walk 15 minutes or so to Kannai station, take the leisurely Keihin Tohoku line to Shinbashi, transfer on the entertaining Yurikamome Line to Odaiba. Maybe you best bet of getting there with your budget intact.

3. Taxis (you won't all fit into one) to Yokohama Station, then either take the bus from #1 or take one of several train options to Shinbashi and use the Yurikamome Line from #2.
thanks, only searched for Train / Uber. Didn't think about the bus !

how about from Odaiba into other areas of Tokyo ? would bus be viable ? trying to avoid stairs where possible.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how about from Odaiba into other areas of Tokyo ? would bus be viable ? trying to avoid stairs where possible.
Take the Yurikamome automated train - it's adjacent to the hotel. It'll take you to Shimbashi station with connection to both the JR and Tokyo Metro network.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Take the Yurikamome automated train - it's adjacent to the hotel. It'll take you to Shimbashi station with connection to both the JR and Tokyo Metro network.
Or walk a little bit to the Tokyo Teleport station. The Rinkai/JR line take you straight to Shibuya or Shinjuku without any transfers needed.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, good alternative, too - depends where they're headed.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:23 am

thanks WilcoRoger & hailstorm !

I know the hotel is close to 2 (?) Malls. Just wondering if there's a direct connection ?

And any good watering holes nearby ... just in case we miss cocktail hour
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks WilcoRoger & hailstorm !

I know the hotel is close to 2 (?) Malls. Just wondering if there's a direct connection ?
More like at least four! Decks, Aqua City, Venus Fort, and Diver City, off the top of my head.

They all require you to travel outdoors to get to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.