Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Fredd
We recently landed at HND around 6AM and they found a room for us when we arrived. Through some language misunderstanding
the clerk apparently thought we were willing to pay for an early arrival. When we saw the US $120 charge we immediately declined and the clerk then found us a room for free. She did advise us not to use the Executive Lounge until after normal check-in time. That was fine with us. All we wanted to do was have a nap.

You’re a Diamond and that can’t hurt. Good luck!
Not a Diamond! I'm a Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, that's it!

In any case, I would not mind paying $120 to check in at 7 am if that's the only way get me a room ASAP. Still way cheaper than an extra night. Good to know that's a potential option. I'll see if they'll check me in early for free, and if not, I'll ask if I can pay to check in early. Thanks for the info!
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by boat stuck;[url=tel:35124007
35124007[/url]]Not a Diamond! I'm a Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, that's it!

In any case, I would not mind paying $120 to check in at 7 am if that's the only way get me a room ASAP. Still way cheaper than an extra night. Good to know that's a potential option. I'll see if they'll check me in early for free, and if not, I'll ask if I can pay to check in early. Thanks for the info!
Sorry but I’m currently on the road using a phone and realize I was reading the wrong profile.

I agree $120 isn’t unreasonable for a 7 AM check-in if one is exhausted. You can keep it in mind as a fallback.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Precovid as a Diamond the Hilton Odaiba would direct me to the Lounge to check in and await my room when I would arrive early (earliest arrival was probably about 1030a). I would usually be in the room within an hour.
A 7a arrival would probably be treated differently as you would be arriving during breakfast for those having breakfast in the lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: CX
how accessible/good is the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba?

Planning to stopover Tokyo Dec3-5 on our mini-moon trip through to Vietnam & Bangkok, will only have 2 days 2 nights in Tokyo.

Took a look and the rates across all the Hilton properties and already saw a couple sold out - how accessible/good is the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba?
Old Aug 25, 2023, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Syndicate
Planning to stopover Tokyo Dec3-5 on our mini-moon trip through to Vietnam & Bangkok, will only have 2 days 2 nights in Tokyo.

Took a look and the rates across all the Hilton properties and already saw a couple sold out - how accessible/good is the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba?
Hi,
Probably better posting in the hilton forums for details on tokyo hiltons but briefly
It is a good hotel per reviews ( have not stayed there). You can get a nice skyline view of Tokyo across the water and there are a number of museums and shopping centres close by.Also on the island there is a smaller replica of the Statue of Liberty
The main drawback is its location on odaiba and the relatively poor transport links compared to the main parts of tokyo. There is the Yurikamome monorail which goes over the rainbow bridge to Shimbashi station and from there a short walk to Shimbashi JR station and other metro lines. Probably a15-20min ride to Shimbashi
The other option is the Rinkai line which goes to Shin kiba and oskai ( with connections to Shinjuku).

In November/December the new Hilton yokohama opens ( planning a stay there in early dec)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Aug 25, 2023 at 5:13 pm
Old Oct 20, 2023, 1:56 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Does anyone know if they still offer the free shuttle to Disney ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/tyo...-tokyo-odaiba/

As a Tokyo Disney Resort® Good Neighbor Hotel, we offer free shuttle service to and from the park.
However, the times are quite limited.
https://www.hiltonodaiba.jp/pdf/access/shuttle_bus.pdf
Old Oct 21, 2023, 5:54 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Thanks, much appreciated!
Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

No recent reviews here for the hotel so I will take one for the team in 10 days time

Have the Conrad booked until he 19th ( original flight back to LHR was at 0100 on Sat 20th) but have changed it to 0950 from HND on the 20th
so need a hotel for the 19th .
Adding the 19th evening onto my 2 night stay at the Conrad boosted the rate upwards by another 100,000 Y
Thought about the hilton tokyo or hilton tokyo bay but would have an early morning departure
Decided, might explore Odaiba in the afternoon/evening on the 19th so booked the hilton odaiba ( can easily get there from the Conrad via the Yurikamome line to Daiba ). Last visit to Odaiba was in 2019 pre covid
will get a taxi to HND in the morning ( Saturday)
Have booked a King deluxe
Will probably leave at 0600 so too early for breakfast ( will get something the night before to tide me over until getting to the HND JL and CX lounges
Will report after my stay.
Regards

TBS
Old Jan 9, 2024, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

No recent reviews here for the hotel so I will take one for the team in 10 days time

Have the Conrad booked until he 19th ( original flight back to LHR was at 0100 on Sat 20th) but have changed it to 0950 from HND on the 20th
so need a hotel for the 19th .
Adding the 19th evening onto my 2 night stay at the Conrad boosted the rate upwards by another 100,000 Y
Thought about the hilton tokyo or hilton tokyo bay but would have an early morning departure
Decided, might explore Odaiba in the afternoon/evening on the 19th so booked the hilton odaiba ( can easily get there from the Conrad via the Yurikamome line to Daiba ). Last visit to Odaiba was in 2019 pre covid
will get a taxi to HND in the morning ( Saturday)
Have booked a King deluxe
Will probably leave at 0600 so too early for breakfast ( will get something the night before to tide me over until getting to the HND JL and CX lounges
Will report after my stay.
Regards

TBS
I mean, that's certainly doable, but with that schedule why not just do something like The Royal Park Hotel Tokyo Haneda? There's plenty to see and do within Haneda these days, and it gives you time for a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, and no worries about traffic jams or the like.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Thanks for that hailstorm
I will consider that but do like hiltons and unlike us residents who can get hh diamond with a credit card i have to do it the hard way.
i do have about 4.5hrs layover on my outbound flight london haneda hiroshima so will look around haneda after customs then head to jal t1 for the hiroshima flight

Regards

Tbs
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1 night stay

Hi

I stayed here for 1 night last friday
I took the Yurikamome line from Shiodome station ( after my Conrad stay) to Daiba then a short walk to the Hilton.
At the front desk I was invited to check in at the executive lounge on the 3rd floor.
I was invited to sit in the lounge and help myself to afternoon snacks whilst the paperwork was done.
Afternoon snacks included ice cream in tubs which you put in a machine and it poured it in swirls into a plate ( like the ice cream machine they had at the Hilton tokyo)
A paper voucher with the wifi code, details on breakfast and a voucher for the pool area was given with my keycard. Together with an express check out form

I was given , room 926 , close to the elevator lobby but did not hear any noise

The room was large, well appointed and well maintained if maybe a little dated.
Fridge was provided with the milk for coffee stored in it. Only a kettle was provided.
Bathrobes, slippers and a night shirt was provided
The wetroom has a bath and shower ( no rainhead shower)

The panel on each side of the bed controlled the lights, a/c and had a clock and alarm ( easy to use). Whilst it looked old ( previous owners of the hotel before converting to a hilton ?) it worked fine ( Some hiltons do not have clocks in their rooms now which i find a bit odd)

There is a small step between the room and the balcony and the view of the rainbow bridge, tokyo tower is fantastic. I could also see Tokyo sky tree ( photo later)

The pool is very good ( towels may be a little small) and the outdoor spa ( fake rock features) is excellent with similar views of Rainbow bridge and tokyo tower. I was the only one out there at first (dark at 6pm) then a family came out.
View of the rainbow bridge was excellent. You do have to use your key card to access the corridor back to the hotel elevators (for security) but not for going to the spa

Evening snacks in the executive lounge are from 1730 to 1930 and are good
However, the drinks selection here is very much above average for hiltons ( and even a wider range than the Conrad- if not the same range) . It had a good range of spirits and liqueurs and even had a Midori melon liqueur ( one of my weaknesses) which i do not think I have seen ant any other hilton.
Soft drinks included green melon fanta ( very nice)

There is a Lawson convenience store by the adjacent Grand Nikko hotel ( icicle lights still out side the Grand Nikko) about 2-3min walk from the hilton lobby

Fitness centre is small but was able to use the treadmill and bikes ( in warmer weather the seaside path would be excellent for running)

Tokyo tower and Rainbow bridge illuminations turned off at midnight.

Room was dark and quiet. The table alarm and operator wake up call at 5am worked

Lobby/bell desk area was deserted and a bit eerie at 550am ( I assume there would be some people in the office if needed). I just filled out the express check out form and put the keys in the check out box and got my receipt by email a few hours later

Breakfast starts at 7 ( saw one person starting work in the restaurant in the distance whilst I was walking out of the lobby

Several taxis waiting outside at 550am. c 20mins to Haneda airport T3 and Y5,500 inc tolls ( it was Y9500 from the Conrad in december. Google maps suggested a total journey time ( inc walking to the subway station of c 1 hr to Haneda) with airport limousine buses starting about 8am

Overall a very good hotel ( if you do not mind the additional travel time to central tokyo). Did see a large mikey poster for Tokyo disneyland in the lobby area

Some photos

View from the 3rd floor executive lounge outdoor terrace

View from the balcony of my room ( 926) mid afternoon

View of the bedroom from the balcony door. Comfy chairs and a table ( great for sitting and admiring the view) just out of shot to the left

Towards the wet room with separate bath & shower)

Bathroom sink and toilet to the right

View of the bed, light /ac/clock & alarm panel on each bedside cabinet and sitting area

Panning to the left from my room.Looks like a car transporter setting off

Night time view. Absolutely spectacular. Dinner cruise boats in the water and Tokyo sky tree to the right just out of shot. Camera is artificially lighting the sky (in reality the sky is darker)

The Statue of Liberty close to the hilton

The Odaiba Christmas tree ( illuminated all year iirc) outside Decks odaiba with Rainbow bridge in the background)

The Gungdam statute outside Diver City mall in Odaiba. Staircase changes colour too

Hilton ( towards the right) and Fuji tv tower taken from Daiba park approaching sunset)

Rainbow bridge ( Tokyo tower visible below it) from Daiba park just before sunset. The setting sun could be seen behind buildings to the left

It was such a beautiful sunny afternoon ( in mid Jan) and an excellent way to end my trip to hiroshima and tokyo

Regards

TBS
jerry a. laska and Cynicor like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 23, 2024 at 12:44 pm
Old Jan 24, 2024, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haha Midori…

Did you get any pics of the lounge drinks?
Old Jan 24, 2024, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Haha Midori…

Did you get any pics of the lounge drinks?

Hi
no photos sorry
Apologies but only had 15mins to get the food and drinks before they were removed at 730pm abd there was a lot of people as j was late diwn after admiring the rainbow bridge at night from the outdoor spa but a very good range ( more bottles than most other hiltons i have been too)

Regards

Tbs
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:17 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi
no photos sorry
Apologies but only had 15mins to get the food and drinks before they were removed at 730pm abd there was a lot of people as j was late diwn after admiring the rainbow bridge at night from the outdoor spa but a very good range ( more bottles than most other hiltons i have been too)

Regards

Tbs
I have stayed at the Hilton Shinjuku 6 or 7 times now and your post convinced me to give the Odaiba hotel a shot. I enjoy the shopping and the food in Shinjuku, but after the last 2 visits I felt that hotel is not trying to please diamond members anymore. Too many airline and convention group business through that hotel now.
Its going to be a 1 night affair so I am expecting good things, usually Hilton can manage a 1 night suite upgrade on a week night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.