Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
I was there for 4 nights. booked cheapest and got upgraded to no idea what room, not suite and not executive. I'm diamond but the executive lounge person denied my access. went down to front desk and they called to get it corrected. they let all three of us in (children are 17 and 12). the lounge was nice, but food and alcohol were a little disappointing. also under staffed. I only went there once.

over all I liked the hotel. very nice view, and easy walk to the two big shopping malls.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Odaiba has to be one of the most sterile areas of Tokyo. Unless you have a fetish for shopping in boring malls, stay elsewhere.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Big changes afoot.

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba will undertake upgrading works from September 1 until the end of December. We will re-launch the lobby restaurants on the 2nd floor with unique and innovative concepts. During the renovation period, "Toh-gu", "Sakura", "Captain's Bar", and "Premium Pallet" will continue to operate as usual, our popular dessert buffet at will remain available with premium views of Tokyo bay at the "Ocean Dining". Please see below for renovation schedule, and feel free to contact Hilton Tokyo Odaiba Restaurant Reservations for the details.

Restaurant Renovation Closure Times:
"Taronga" - September 1 until the end of December
"Veranda" - September 16 until the end of December
"Ocean Dining" - Middle of September until middle of October lunch period
*Dessert Buffet will operate at "Ocean Dining" from September 16 until the end of December.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: AA ExPlt, AAdmirals Club, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know the chance of suite upgrade on cash vs points at Hilton Odaiba? i can book for $399 plus tax/fee/service - $485 total vs. 50,000 points. while HHonors sale, can get 50,000 points for $350.

I would do that, but worry about less chance of suite upgrade.

Another question, please, how much for diamond to upgrade from cont/lounge breakfast to breakfast buffet?

THANK YOU all very much.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by MCOSWAFlyer
Does anyone know the chance of suite upgrade on cash vs points at Hilton Odaiba? i can book for $399 plus tax/fee/service - $485 total vs. 50,000 points. while HHonors sale, can get 50,000 points for $350.

I would do that, but worry about less chance of suite upgrade.

Another question, please, how much for diamond to upgrade from cont/lounge breakfast to breakfast buffet?

THANK YOU all very much.
When I stayed and based on others' feedback, Hilton Odaiba is terrible at giving suite upgrades. So dont count on it, whether using cash or points...

Breakfast for gold/diamond can be had in the Ocean Dining or Taronga restaurants. I had it in the former, which is a buffet affair. Unsure what the Taronga offerings are.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Staying here for 4n. Two things I wished I'd known (could have read this thread more thoroughly, haha):

1) They don't seem to upgrade you if you do OLCI (at least, that's the reason given for not upgrading me). Hotel seems to be full now so possibly a valid reason. Would suggest avoiding OLCI for this property.

2) The lounge is on level 3. Would advise going for a lower level if you're a Diamond (and guaranteed lounge access). Elevators are pretty slow.

Otherwise, it's a pretty nice room with a good lounge - location isn't all that great, but that's also probably why it's markedly cheaper than the Hilton or Conrad. I still like it!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OriginalName
Breakfast for gold/diamond can be had in the Ocean Dining or Taronga restaurants. I had it in the former, which is a buffet affair. Unsure what the Taronga offerings are.
Basically identical.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
To start - I have zero knowledge of Tokyo. Nada.

I'm going to be going to a conference at Big-Sight. It looks like this is by far the most conveniently located Hilton property to the convention center? Worth staying here even if a little more dated than the Hilton Tokyo?
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
To start - I have zero knowledge of Tokyo. Nada.

I'm going to be going to a conference at Big-Sight. It looks like this is by far the most conveniently located Hilton property to the convention center? Worth staying here even if a little more dated than the Hilton Tokyo?
I guess you don't know much about Tokyo hotels. Hilton Tokyo is much older than Hilton Odaiba.

If you're staying on business, then location is much more important anyway...
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Just a quick update - I was advised that I should have been entitled to an upgrade (if available) and should have requested to speak to a manager then - I emailed HHonors to ask about this and they agreed with the assessment, while opening a 'Guest Assistance' file to take note of the issue.

A few hours later the hotel emailed me to apologise for the mistake and offered 20,000 HHonors points as compensation - while I think I would have preferred being upgraded then, I'm pretty impressed by their efforts at service recovery!

In case anyone's interested, here's a brief review of the actual place: http://milelion.com/2016/09/07/hotel...-tokyo-odaiba/

Originally Posted by Lctkw
Staying here for 4n. Two things I wished I'd known (could have read this thread more thoroughly, haha):

1) They don't seem to upgrade you if you do OLCI (at least, that's the reason given for not upgrading me). Hotel seems to be full now so possibly a valid reason. Would suggest avoiding OLCI for this property.

2) The lounge is on level 3. Would advise going for a lower level if you're a Diamond (and guaranteed lounge access). Elevators are pretty slow.

Otherwise, it's a pretty nice room with a good lounge - location isn't all that great, but that's also probably why it's markedly cheaper than the Hilton or Conrad. I still like it!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Any more recent reports on how this hotel is handling pool access for Diamonds? The most recent report here (March 2016) seems to suggest it's now complimentary.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Any more recent reports on how this hotel is handling pool access for Diamonds? The most recent report here (March 2016) seems to suggest it's now complimentary.
I see no reason why that should have changed.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
I was there for six days last week. I was advised that it was complimentary with the spa paper card they give you, but I did not attempt to use it.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I was there for six days last week. I was advised that it was complimentary with the spa paper card they give you, but I did not attempt to use it.
Great. Thanks for the update.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:54 pm

just checked, an extra bed costs 7,322JPY, we definitely need an extra bed, already put in a request for 2 rooms.. for end of this month stay (26/12).. and i think (Gold) upgrade will be very unlikely, as i just checked, the hotel seems to be full :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.