Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:50 am

Can you tell whether there are any restrictions on the voucher? Did it come from your credit card sign up, for example? Just be certain you know the details of the voucher before you try for a cat 10 hotel.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Hawaii_flyer
We are diamond members and we do really like a nice exec lounge. We stayed at the Rome Cavalieri and the Molino Stucky Venice a couple of years ago and got really spoiled with the great lounges and prosecco champagne brunches Is there anything comparable in London?
Just a warning: London (and UK) Hiltons have made me re-think my approach to Lounge access: it's overrated.
Generally they offer little outside the few hours during which they serve alcohol. (I don't care much about the alcohol, but any decent snacks or food are only served during those hours as well.) And during those hours, they are so crowded that I rather go the hotel bar/restaurant (or outside) and spend some money.
So don't expect too much...
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:24 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
The lounge in the Waldorf in London is pretty good I think
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Happy enough with Tower Bridge lounge. I'd say very happy.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
Happy enough with Tower Bridge lounge. I'd say very happy.
I agree that the lounge itself is nice. But every time I have been there it was full of people whose only goal of their visit to London seemed to be to get as much free food and drinks as possible. Not at all a nice place to relax and read a bit...
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by silvergirl
The lounge in the Waldorf in London is pretty good I think
The Waldorf and Tower Bridge Lounges are nice.

Canary Wharf is also good and well connected to tubes for shopping and sightseeing (most core London activities are spread far enough apart that transport between them is inevitable).

The Trafalgar has a managers reception in the lower Rockwell bar (Tuesdays I think) which is effectively a full lounge for Golds and Diamonds.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Koby
Just a warning: London (and UK) Hiltons have made me re-think my approach to Lounge access: it's overrated.
Generally they offer little outside the few hours during which they serve alcohol. (I don't care much about the alcohol, but any decent snacks or food are only served during those hours as well.) And during those hours, they are so crowded that I rather go the hotel bar/restaurant (or outside) and spend some money.
So don't expect too much...
All UK hiltons I know with lounges offer breakfast in the lounge until around 10:30 followed by light snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks until around 14:30/15:00 then offer afternoon tea with a selection of sandwiches and cakes until around 17:00 followed by full bar and a range of appetisers etc. from 18:00 until 20:00 (or later in some properties).

What else would you expect them to do? I think most UK Hilton lounges have a pretty decent offering.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
hmmmm i love the lounge experience, but they do differ from each one .... ive been in most of the uk ones, some are awesome and some not so.....my fav is canary wharf.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Koby
I agree that the lounge itself is nice. But every time I have been there it was full of people whose only goal of their visit to London seemed to be to get as much free food and drinks as possible. Not at all a nice place to relax and read a bit...
Hi Koby, I wonder if this is due to the day of the week you have chosen or some other specific condition that contributed to making the lounge so busy?

I have been at some UK exec lounges where it is truly a free for all and overcrowded such as you have experienced, and at such times I also just turn around and leave again. However, I have to say that I find this quite rare at London exec lounges on weekends anyway so maybe it is just the day of the week you are visiting that there happens to be more business travellers that are making the most of the lounge offerings?

We tend to stay on bank holidays and other 'tourist' heavy periods (Olympics, etc...) and have generally not had a problem at most of the Hiltons...I do find the W=A London exec lounge very good but also extremely busy all day so tend to avoid that location. The Canary Wharf and Tower Bridge lounges are really quite good and didn't feel too busy most of the time.

Not saying your experience is incorrect, just wondering if you happened to hit the lounges a few times at the wrong time / date?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by BotB
I have been at some UK exec lounges where it is truly a free for all and overcrowded such as you have experienced, and at such times I also just turn around and leave again. However, I have to say that I find this quite rare at London exec lounges on weekends anyway so maybe it is just the day of the week you are visiting that there happens to be more business travellers that are making the most of the lounge offerings?
Actually, my stays in the London Hiltons were mostly during weekends (except for the LHR ones). I was hoping that the overcrowding is a typical weekend problem, but you have just confirmed me that it isn't...
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
London Hilton: Away from tourist sites?

Hello,

I am a diamond member and we are looking to book 5 nights in late August. We have a toddler with us.

Priorities:
Walk out of hotel to a quiet street or near park.
NOT interested in tourist sites.
Free breakfast

The only hotel that seems to fit is Green Park, Euston and Hyde Park?

We have been to London a couple times already. Looking to spend this trip getting to know the neighborhoods of London.

Really hoping for a suite upgrade. Also executive lounge, but it does'nt look possible.

Thanks,
S

Last edited by suetibu; Jul 1, 2013 at 7:14 pm
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:41 pm

hi there, i live in the uk and have been to most of the london hiltons, my fav is canary wharf....100% upgrade success ( i'm a gold), nice lounge, very nice safe neighborhood.....worth thinking about! - ps : free breakfast in lounge or restaurant.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:11 pm

I will be staying at the Hilton Park Lane this week, which is next to Hyde Park. Also, it is not a far walk from Hilton Metropole to Queen Mary's garden/Regent's Park. As Diamond, you will get breakfast at any of the Hiltons and Executive Lounge access at hotels with a lounge. I think you might have picked the only 3 hotels without a lounge in London, but I am not sure of that.

Agree with wizla, Canary Wharf has been a great hotel for me, but I don't recall a park anywhere nearby.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You could consider the Kensington. While not on a quiet street, there is a small park right across the street and Holland Park is about 5 blocks away. Hyde Park is about a mile beyond. Some people aren't fans but the hotel has always treated me well.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:20 pm

good point xooz, hyde park is nice this time of year..... another plus for canary wharf is the docklands light railway ( DLR).. kids love these little trains and if you can get a seat at the front (no driver) its an amazing view for kids and adults.
If one was to take the DLR from south quay ( next to the hilton) 4 stops south is greenwich, there is a fantastic park here ( one of the oldest in england!!!), with views across london from the top of the park , there is also an observatory here ( free) good for a poke around......trust me this is a great part of london to base yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.