Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The big three selling points of Park Lane are, respectively, location, location and then location. So take that out and Park Lane loses most advantages. The views are also stunning too, from almost all floors, just better higher up. I guess this is a variant of location, but the fact that there is a big park in front of the door is useful for those wishing to exercise / walk / run outdoors, Bankside just doesn't have this facility at all. The other minor factor is that Park Lane has some staff who have worked there for decades. and sometimes experience counts for a lot.
Yep, Roy the concierge has been there many many years.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:46 am

Just another update on tonights stay - at what has to be one of the best Hilton (service wise) in the world. An pre-upgrade, warm welcome with sweets and a fully functioning lounge. The staff in here are hugely helpful and a great attitude, topping up drinks whilst making sure everyone is looked after. Room was clean, perfectly stocked and ready at my check in 2pm. I actually booked an 'no change' rate here and they moved my date and kept the rate, even though the rate tonight was higher.

Whatever they are doing here needs to be the standard for other UK Hilton.
NoY, est-gratuite, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:34 pm

I am a little confused...I booked a 5 night award stay and they somehow had a king deluxe with an attached meeting room available for the same points as a king standard room so I thought why not, extra bathroom, space, free softdrinks, late checkout (not that i need that), etc. Now I checked my reservation and someone has added an additional reservation to my original reservation of another twin deluxe room. So I have two reservations in my account, a king deluxe/meeting room and a twin deluxe, but am only being charged points for 4 of the 5 nights for the king deluxe (1 night free). Any ideas?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by residentx
Just another update on tonights stay - at what has to be one of the best Hilton (service wise) in the world. An pre-upgrade, warm welcome with sweets and a fully functioning lounge. The staff in here are hugely helpful and a great attitude, topping up drinks whilst making sure everyone is looked after. Room was clean, perfectly stocked and ready at my check in 2pm. I actually booked an 'no change' rate here and they moved my date and kept the rate, even though the rate tonight was higher.

What time is the lounge open, what time are complimentary alcoholic beverages?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by miadeals
What time is the lounge open, what time are complimentary alcoholic beverages?
6-8pm; Prosecco, 2 whites, 2 reds, vodka, gin, whiskey, white rum, peroni served with a good selection of snacks.
wizla and miadeals like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:25 pm

I am a little confused...I booked a 5 night award stay and they somehow had a king deluxe with an attached meeting room available for the same points as a king standard room so I thought why not, extra bathroom, space, free softdrinks, late checkout (not that i need that), etc. Now I checked my reservation and someone has added an additional reservation to my original reservation of another twin deluxe room. So I have two reservations in my account, a king deluxe/meeting room and a twin deluxe, but am only being charged points for 4 of the 5 nights for the king deluxe (1 night free). Any ideas?
This, I think, was a relic of lockdown London where they give you a normal guest room interconnected to another normal room but they’ve removed the bed and replaced with a meeting room table. AFAIK there are no bedrooms with specifically designed meeting room spaces here.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

Glad to hear this. First time guest myself, arriving in a couple days. Excited to see London again after almost 2 years.
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:56 am

Sounds like the twin deluxe is your meeting room and its the adjoining room of your original king deluxe and they have used this method to block it off.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:50 am

This, I think, was a relic of lockdown London where they give you a normal guest room interconnected to another normal room but they’ve removed the bed and replaced with a meeting room table. AFAIK there are no bedrooms with specifically designed meeting room spaces here.
That's what I thought, but I can't wrap my head around how it is the same amount of points to get a deluxe room with a second room attached with a meeting table and a second bathroom and 6pm checkout, as it is for one king standard room.

Would it be dumb to downgrade to a standard room and hope for a Diamond upgrade next June on a 5 night stay? My feeling is it may be pretty busy by then and upgrades won't be forthcoming, so I should just settle for the additional storage area/bathroom. At the same time I imagine there is zero chance of them upgrading the deluxe meeting room to like an executive room or a suite, because then you lose the meeting room.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:29 am

That's what I thought, but I can't wrap my head around how it is the same amount of points to get a deluxe room with a second room attached with a meeting table and a second bathroom and 6pm checkout, as it is for one king standard room.
I think it makes more sense when we look back at London in lockdown, zero business and zero tourists. Hotels were literally doing anything to sell inventory. Heck, some are still yet to reopen. Giving two for one rooms was totally worth it in their eyes - giving them away on points stays was probably a mistake though. I guess when you are giving your directors a report on occupancy projections it still works though!

I think I'd email the hotel and say 'fancy a room back in return for an upgrade to a suite?' and see what you get in return! They can only say no.
wizla and miadeals like this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think it makes more sense when we look back at London in lockdown, zero business and zero tourists. Hotels were literally doing anything to sell inventory. Heck, some are still yet to reopen. Giving two for one rooms was totally worth it in their eyes - giving them away on points stays was probably a mistake though. I guess when you are giving your directors a report on occupancy projections it still works though!

I think I'd email the hotel and say 'fancy a room back in return for an upgrade to a suite?' and see what you get in return! They can only say no.
Strangely, this is exactly what happened to me today! When I booked a few days ago the deluxe + meeting room was the only standard points option. On arrival today I had a chuckle with the front desk about sadly not having anyone to have any high powered meetings with and asked whether a junior suite might be possible instead, not expecting anything. I was surprised to be given a one bedroom suite on the top floor, so I consider myself very lucky indeed!

I will say that the executive lounge is much nicer as a space here than in the Conrad. Larger and much better ambience. The evening food isn't huge, but the fresh bread is very welcome.
pazza2000 and miadeals like this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:49 pm

So is he second ‘meeting’ room still configured as such, or are those booking this receiving essentially an interconnecting family room?
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:09 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Does anyone have a guest relations manager’s email? My contact has left to become Front of house manager at the new The Gantry.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:46 am

I once emailed info at hiltonbankside.co.uk and David T, a guest relations manager, emailed me back from his account, though that was a while ago.
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Does anyone have a guest relations manager’s email? My contact has left to become Front of house manager at the new The Gantry.
Sent you a PM
Winniesbestfriend likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.