FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:26 pm
tango_echo

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by residentx
I think it makes more sense when we look back at London in lockdown, zero business and zero tourists. Hotels were literally doing anything to sell inventory. Heck, some are still yet to reopen. Giving two for one rooms was totally worth it in their eyes - giving them away on points stays was probably a mistake though. I guess when you are giving your directors a report on occupancy projections it still works though!

I think I'd email the hotel and say 'fancy a room back in return for an upgrade to a suite?' and see what you get in return! They can only say no.
Strangely, this is exactly what happened to me today! When I booked a few days ago the deluxe + meeting room was the only standard points option. On arrival today I had a chuckle with the front desk about sadly not having anyone to have any high powered meetings with and asked whether a junior suite might be possible instead, not expecting anything. I was surprised to be given a one bedroom suite on the top floor, so I consider myself very lucky indeed!

I will say that the executive lounge is much nicer as a space here than in the Conrad. Larger and much better ambience. The evening food isn't huge, but the fresh bread is very welcome.