Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:51 am

A little off topic, however if wishing to use a BMG here or at the Hilton Park Lane, which property’s best flexible rate is likely to greedily earn me a few more points?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by pazza2000
A little off topic, however if wishing to use a BMG here or at the Hilton Park Lane, which property’s best flexible rate is likely to greedily earn me a few more points?

Hi

I suspect Park lane will be a bit more expensive so will earn a few more points generally but there may be occasions when Bankside will be dearer

Regards

Tbs
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

I suspect Park lane will be a bit more expensive so will earn a few more points generally but there may be occasions when Bankside will be dearer

Regards

Tbs
Thanks! Likewise, any idea on when those occasions are likely to be, for either property? I see the only blackout date via a BMG is New Years
Old Aug 19, 2021, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Likewise, any idea on when those occasions are likely to be, for either property? I see the only blackout date via a BMG is New Years
Hi,

No idea but for example on 13th-15th September
Park lane GBP 202
Bankside GBP 213

( most other dates Bankside is cheaper)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:19 am

Just a quick update, stayed here for one night on points. I was pretty-upgraded on a points stay (with the new golden arrow notification when selecting a room). The lounge is now open and was well stocked. They now serve alcohol from the buffet from you, but happy to keep you topped up and never a queue. The staff were amazing. The room was clean, well stocked with toiletries and the mini bar had a bottle of hipster cola, lemonade and two bottles of water.

Breakfast is a serve yourself affair with very little face covering or sanitising going on. Looks like they’ve ditched the Diamond tokens and special order menus that used to be on the placemats. It was a good selection as pre-COVID though.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Here at the moment for our first stay at this hotel, very impressed especially as we’d spent the last few months visiting regional Hiltons around UK.

pre upgraded to King Executive in the app, requested a suite at FD and got a King One Bedroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Excited for the breakfast that has been very praised in this thread!

Is there any point in going breakfast in the EL or is the restaurant much better?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AussieInLondon
Here at the moment for our first stay at this hotel, very impressed especially as we’d spent the last few months visiting regional Hiltons around UK.

pre upgraded to King Executive in the app, requested a suite at FD and got a King One Bedroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Excited for the breakfast that has been very praised in this thread!

Is there any point in going breakfast in the EL or is the restaurant much better?

Hi,

When I was there in late July, breakfast was only served in the restaurant and not in the EL so you may not have a choice ( unless it has changed)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

When I was there in late July, breakfast was only served in the restaurant and not in the EL so you may not have a choice ( unless it has changed)

Regards

TBS
seems it has changed now, front desk insisted we take it in the EL but did say we can take it in the restaurant if it’s not too busy
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Thanks.
I suspect that the main restaurant will have more selection than the EL . ( perhaps try both on different days to compare?

Regards

TBS
AussieInLondon likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by AussieInLondon
seems it has changed now, front desk insisted we take it in the EL but did say we can take it in the restaurant if it’s not too busy
If you are not able to take breakfast in the restaurant - and in my experience they're happy to let you breakfast in either the EL or restaurant - bear in mind that this lounge is a cut above most Hilton Lounges. Not only is the breakfast selection excellent but - importantly- you can order food from the kitchen that's not on the buffet. I have done this mostly with egg-based dishes (omelette, fried eggs, eggs Bennie), but you might be able to get other stuff if you are after something specific (eg pancakes, French toast) because the lounge staff here tend to be very obliging. Well they were ... I haven't stayed here since pre-Lockdown 1, so that advice is based on (many) stays before that.
Enjoy ... and don't miss sampling the great granola!
wizla and AussieInLondon like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:56 am

DP from this weekend:

HH Gold
Booked: King Guest, semi-flex, no breakfast, approx. £200/night
Pre-arrival: King Deluxe, did not check-in or request mobile key
Stayed: King Executive (upgraded at check-in)
Offered welcome drinks and snacks / sweets
FD pro-actively changed benefit to bonus points as breakfast included in EL
Complementary but somewhat sparse offering in minibar
EL was busy for evening drinks but decent service and selection
EL was surprisingly quiet for breakfast, smaller selection than restaurant but we were advised that they didn't mind us using the linking door to get items from the restaurant buffet (and lounge attendant was also taking orders for kitchen / egg chef)
Overall impressed, very good value for rate paid
Only disappointment was that all F&B options currently end at 11pm - would have been some additional spend if room service was running slightly later

Last edited by Mttrnd; Aug 31, 2021 at 4:28 am
Old Aug 31, 2021, 4:28 am

A bit of a general question.... location aside, why would one choose Park Lane over Bankside? Holding a Hilton branded BRG, I’m not considering the Conrad in this choice.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
As a tourist - for the views. Park Lane's location and height mean it has significantly better views of London from higher rooms. Even on the top floor of Bankside, the views aren't anything special. Other than that I'm not sure but then I have a preference for Bankside anyway so maybe I'm being biased.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
A bit of a general question.... location aside, why would one choose Park Lane over Bankside? Holding a Hilton branded BRG, I’m not considering the Conrad in this choice.
The big three selling points of Park Lane are, respectively, location, location and then location. So take that out and Park Lane loses most advantages. The views are also stunning too, from almost all floors, just better higher up. I guess this is a variant of location, but the fact that there is a big park in front of the door is useful for those wishing to exercise / walk / run outdoors, Bankside just doesn't have this facility at all. The other minor factor is that Park Lane has some staff who have worked there for decades. and sometimes experience counts for a lot.
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Pre covid I might also suggest Dining ( as Park Lane has Galvins at Windows and Trader Vic's) as well but dining does not plkay a major factor in my hotel choice.
Possibly the'status' of saying you stayed on Park Lane may influence some people.

Location and views are key imho

Regards
TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.