Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Was able to snag a best rate claim here for September, ~880 GBP all in for 9 nights. Hoping I'm able to visit UK by then. Also have a 4 night stay in June at ~420 GBP, not super confident that'll end up happening but I'm trying to be optimistic. Never stayed here before, normally a Marriott guy, but it looks solid. Thanks to all that have posted feedback here which put the property on my radar.
Oh it’s definitely a great choice , some say the best Hilton in London.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Was able to snag a best rate claim here for September, ~880 GBP all in for 9 nights. Hoping I'm able to visit UK by then. Also have a 4 night stay in June at ~420 GBP, not super confident that'll end up happening but I'm trying to be optimistic. Never stayed here before, normally a Marriott guy, but it looks solid. Thanks to all that have posted feedback here which put the property on my radar.
Definitely a strong choice, especially at the rate you have got. Sub £100 here, even now, is a great rate. Hopefully you get to come over and if you do, I hope you have a fantastic stay.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 2:55 am

Some crazy cheap prices in London currently, never seen this one @ £80 !..... even Doubletree tower is stupidly cheap too.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:32 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by wizla
Some crazy cheap prices in London currently, never seen this one @ £80 !..... even Doubletree tower is stupidly cheap too.
Unsurprising! London is not London currently.
wizla likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 4:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I imagine the rates are even lower due to the current EMEA winter sale that is on:

T's & C's here:

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...onditions.html

Stay safe
wizla likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Yeah it’s a fantastic price
Thanks for sharing 😀
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 4:41 am

So I'm currently at the Hilton Bankside for a couple of weeks between house moves. Everything is closed due to lockdown apart from room service. The Diamond breakfast is a paper bag left outside your room which consists of:
- An apple
- A cereal bar
- A mini croissant
- A mini pain au chocolat
- A 250ml bottle of Tropicana

Even in COVID-19 times, this is exceptionally poor.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C
So I'm currently at the Hilton Bankside for a couple of weeks between house moves. Everything is closed due to lockdown apart from room service. The Diamond breakfast is a paper bag left outside your room which consists of:
- An apple
- A cereal bar
- A mini croissant

Doubletree Tower of London had a similarly disappointing breakfast bag.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Dave_C
- An apple
- A cereal bar
- A mini croissant

And yet the Hilton at Frankfurt airport turned up in my room at 6:30am with enough good quality hot breakfast (plus cold cuts) to feed a five a side team.

It seems covid is an excuse for some to offer far less than perhaps they should.
Points Scrounger, Dave_C and wizla like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:35 am

Hopefully Bankside, and other London properties will bring back their exec. lounge and ‘proper’ breakfast offering in the near future as measures and restrictions allow. If they remain closed or scaled back, it is purely for cost saving reasons.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Hopefully Bankside, and other London properties will bring back their exec. lounge and ‘proper’ breakfast offering in the near future as measures and restrictions allow. If they remain closed or scaled back, it is purely for cost saving reasons.
I have a stay booked at Hilton Canary Wharf for mid June, I asked when will the executive lounge be open again and they plan to re open it in September...... dunno if it’s the same for the other London Hilton’s.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wizla
I have a stay booked at Hilton Canary Wharf for mid June, I asked when will the executive lounge be open again and they plan to re open it in September...... dunno if it’s the same for the other London Hilton’s.
I take this with a huge pinch of salt, since the front desk staff can only speculate, but some Hiltons are trying for 17 May (Metropole, Islington Hilton, Olympia, T4).
wizla and S_W_S like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I take this with a huge pinch of salt, since the front desk staff can only speculate, but some Hiltons are trying for 17 May (Metropole, Islington Hilton, Olympia, T4).
I don't suppose you know whether Bankside are aiming to re-open their lounge then do you CWS? I have a booking at Bankside for 4 nights from the 18/05.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Oh really?........that’s great news to hear, I was thinking at least late June but regardless still good.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 12:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by S_W_S
I don't suppose you know whether Bankside are aiming to re-open their lounge then do you CWS? I have a booking at Bankside for 4 nights from the 18/05.
I've no idea. Despite the rock bottom rates there I've not had a recent stay. The thing is that these Lounges vary enormously in staffing levels, so Bankside is quite resource intensive, ditto Metropole, Olympia is largely unstaffed, as is Hilton Isilington. So the latter may be more straightforward to start up again. But until 17 May I can't see a legal way to open these lounges in England, different laws apply in other places (e.g. Scotland has an indoor alcohol ban but could otherwise open from Monday).
S_W_S likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.