Search

Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi andimilk,

Thanks for the update on the pool procedures.

I noticed those on the app for my upcoming stay in the hotel guide section ie notebook at front desk and arrive pool/gym ready.

Those sections are good. Others need some work imho ie
No details for exec lounge replacement offers and just stating it is close to several transport hubs.

At least they have a guide up .other upcoming stays inc conrad st James do not have a guide on the app.

Regards

Tbs
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Yes - for some things it's what they leave off the guide that says the most - under the dining section, there is no mention of the Oxbo restaurant because this - the main onsite restaurant - is currently closed (apart from Weekend Botttomless Brunch and of course Breakfast). The bar is serving a hot food instead, albeit a smaller, less sophisticated menu (but still actually very tasty/good quality).

It's worth noting that in regards to the Exec Lounge, I got an email from the Front of House manager 2 days before explaining the current situation.

As for the transport - you are so right - they could elaborate a bit. On the plus side I made it from Southwark tube to the hotel on foot with an asleep 2-year old on my shoulder in less than 5 minutes in the rain yesterday!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:27 am

Nice to hear they have plans to reopen their exec! How did it previously compare to the Conrad’s exec?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Interesting that they were planning to re-open it this week, when legally they have been able to have it open since the middle of May!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Nice to hear they have plans to reopen their exec! How did it previously compare to the Conrad’s exec?
Alas I haven't experienced the Conrad exec lounge. Someone else may be able to compare and contrast the two. What I can say though is that the Bankside exec lounge is very smart and comfortable and the service, even during the crazy busy happy hour, was excellent.

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Interesting that they were planning to re-open it this week, when legally they have been able to have it open since the middle of May!
I didn't dig too deep into the timings or planning logic but it was implied that they had lost/had to let some staff go and didn't want to employ new staff until the custom picked up significantly
Old Jun 26, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Bankside's Exec Lounge is about 3 times the size as the Conrad and not as formal. I always feel like I need to whisper in the Conrad whereas Bankside there's a lot more seats so you can spread yourself out and talk at a normal level.

There's a better alcohol selection at the Conrad but more food on offer at Bankside which you can go up and help yourself to. At the Conrad they bring you out a plate of 5-6 canapés usually, but there's also meat/cheese and biscuits.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Stayed here last week, great stay.

Upgraded from Deluxe King to a One Bedroom Suite on the 7th floor with amazing views over to the Shard and the Tate/river on the other side. I had forgotten just how nice the rooms are here, really good standard. Love the decor throughout, with really nicely considered lighting and finishing touches.

One Bedroom Suite Bedroom

View from Room 754

"It's time to feel good"

View from One Bedroom Suite lounge.

Lounge in One Bedroom Suite

On checkin we were given a glass of fizz whilst we waited. The breakfast and drinks/bento box vouchers were explained. Also asked how often we'd like housekeeping service the room.
Really good service throughout from anyone I spoke to at reception and in the bar.

Bento boxes were an odd mix of food, but nice. Enjoyed the 2 drinks each, but of course the lounge would be preferred

Originally Posted by wizla
Oh and make sure you try the honey nut granola at breakfast…… best granola ave ever tasted!
Thanks Wizla... the breakfast was amazing. Loved the freshly cooked pancakes... so tasty!

A nice reminder Hilton can do luxury and good service when they want to.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Was back again at the Bankside Hilton last night - due to its convenience to my new London office, it is fast becoming my go to when in London on business.

Had booked a King Deluxe and was upgraded to a One Bedroom King Suite before checkin.

Thought I’d share a couple of pics of the bento box that is being offered whilst the lounge is shut. You get a choice of a vegetarian offering, and a meat offering. I took the meat option - pictures below:

The meat bento box

The meat bento box menu

Drink wise, it is a choice of house red or white, a cava, or bottled Punk IPA / in house Craft beer.
The _Banking_Scot and wizla like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:20 am

The bento box offering aside, it all sounds very positive! Hopefully their lounge will reopen sharply around the 19th July
wizla likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lounge now open

Hi,

Just checked in for a 3 night stay and upgraded to king executive on the 7th floor.
Room is excellent and bathroom is larger and better than the park lane hilton
lounge opened today according to the front dfront some pretzels and thai crisps with fruit and fruit juices available.soft drinks also available.

Canapes from 6 to 8pm
Breakfast in oxo restaurant
pool and gym still need to be booked .last pool session at 9pm
coffee machine was serving cold coffee but reported it to the front desk and got it fixed.

Regards

Tbs
NoY, oxfordjames, wizla and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lounge now open

Hi,

Just checked in for a 3 night stay and upgraded to king executive on the 7th floor. Internal courtyard view.
Was asked about housekeeping preferences at checkin
lounge opened today according to the front desk. some pretzels and thai crisps with fruit and fruit juices available.soft drinks also available.

Canapes from 6 to 8pm
coffee machine was serving cold coffee but reported it to the front desk and got it fixed.

Regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 21, 2021 at 9:20 am
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Just checked in for a 3 night stay and upgraded to king executive on the 7th floor. Internal courtyard view.
Was asked about housekeeping preferences at checkin
lounge opened today according to the front desk. some pretzels and thai crisps with fruit and fruit juices available.soft drinks also available.

Canapes from 6 to 8pm

Regards

Tbs
That’s great news, thanks for reporting!
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

This will be a list as I am eating now.
self service apart from alcohol which is served by the staff

Bread & butter
Cheese
ham
Crackers
2 salad options inc beetroot and tuna sweetcorn and potato salad
Butter beans ,peppers and tomato ragout
rice
Vegetarian quiche
stuffed gyozas
fruit
2 choices of small cakes
Soft drinks and juices
Sparkling wine
Red and white wine
red label
Gin
Vodka
Rum
Peroni appears to be the beer
Pretzels and thai crackers
mixers ie tonic ginger ale
water still and sparkling
tea and coffee etc
overall excellent so far and feels more like pre covid.

gel and wipes still around with staff wearing masksp

Regards

Tbs

Best lounge experience of my three london stays in the past fortnight
Conrad
Hilton on park lane
Bank side

Though not sure if the conrad and park lane will expand their service now

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 21, 2021 at 12:05 pm
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:21 pm

I wonder why the pool and gym still needs booked? Albeit maybe that’s good sense on their part!
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

This will be a list as I am eating now.
self service apart from alcohol which is served by the staff

Bread & butter
Cheese
ham
Crackers
2 salad options inc beetroot and tuna sweetcorn and potato salad
Butter beans ,peppers and tomato ragout
rice
Vegetarian quiche
stuffed gyozas
fruit
2 choices of small cakes
Soft drinks and juices
Sparkling wine
Red and white wine
red label
Gin
Vodka
Rum
Peroni appears to be the beer
Pretzels and thai crackers
mixers ie tonic ginger ale
water still and sparkling
tea and coffee etc
overall excellent so far and feels more like pre covid.

gel and wipes still around with staff wearing masksp

Regards

Tbs

Best lounge experience of my three london stays in the past fortnight
Conrad
Hilton on park lane
Bank side

Though not sure if the conrad and park lane will expand their service now
That’s a great selection!….. great to see things are almost back to pre covid stays, Hilton Bankside is the last hotel I stayed at just before the first lockdown and it was very quiet, my friend and I had the whole executive lounge to ourselves except another couple of guys, we even had the pool to ourselves all afternoon too, sounds good but lacked atmosphere big time.
Glad you having a Decent time and I’m enjoying reading your reports.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.