Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I can't even see the checkbox for "i'm not a robot" when I try to use Chrome. I just enter my username and password and then get an error message that i need to use the recaptcha... but there isn't one displaying. I've cleared all my cookies for Hilton and HHonors websites and still nothing.

This is absurd...
That's because you have a pop up blocker that is active on Chrome.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:46 pm

reCaptcha is so unreadable - I can no longer login to make a reservation or check my Hilton Honors status.

This is ridiculous. I'm a multi-year diamond member. If it's not resolved soon - i'll be taking my travel to Marriott where it's much easier to make an online reservation.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have clicked the "I am not a Robot" box so often that this evening the thought actually crossed my mind "Next time I check in at a Hilton property I should put on a name sticker that with 'I am not a Robot' before approaching the check-in desk"
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
What I find amazing is that they would have devised so many different sign-in scenarios. Like I've said before, I (knock on wood) still have the simple number on the motel door, while some of you sound like you have the captcha from hell.

Why do you suppose they have so many different sign-ins, and how have they determined who gets which?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Why do you suppose they have so many different sign-ins, and how have they determined who gets which?
I wonder if maybe it has to do with (their evaluation of) the strength of the PIN?

Perhaps they've found a pattern to the PINs of the accounts that have been hacked, and if your PIN (whether you use the PIN or your password to sign on, the PIN still exists) is of the "weaker" kind, they might give you harder CAPTCHA, while if they perceive that your PIN is of the "stronger" kind, they might only ask if you're a Robot.

(Examples of "weak" PINs: "1111", "1234". Examples of PINs that are not quite as weak but still weaker than necessary: "1122", "1357". Also, "4468" might be a weaker PIN, since it's "HILT" on a phone dialing pad!)

Or perhaps there's a pattern to ISPs used for the hacking, and they base it on your ISP? (For example, expect the very worst CAPTCHA ever if you're traveling in Russia and logging in from a public internet cafe there!)

I dunno, I'm just guessing, but I can think of multiple things they could base it on, any of which might make sense to them if they've done some analysis of the hacking patterns, but none of which they would want to reveal to us of course.

(And I doubt all the FTers are suddenly going to post their PINs publicly just so we can evaluate my "PIN strength" theory. )
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
I too am unable to access my account page due to the captcha issue. This is a computer I've used before, and use often. I see the "I am not a robot" box, I click in it, but a check mark does not appear and, subsequently, keep getting directed to fill in the account number and pin. I've re-entered and re-entered and re-entered with the same issue. I've also disabled the pop up blocker to no avail. Called, they know there are issues, but it's still not been remedied. Rats.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What I find amazing is that they would have devised so many different sign-in scenarios. Like I've said before, I (knock on wood) still have the simple number on the motel door, while some of you sound like you have the captcha from hell.

I get the simple number on the door when I'm on my Kindle but when I'm on a laptop I get the messy two "words" to decipher. What are you using?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
In the past 24 hours the HHonors sign-in has disappeared from the top rail of the Hilton website altogether. There is a clickable "Hilton HHonors" icon that takes you away to the HHonors website, and then you have to click on the "I am not a robot" thing, and then you have to type out the house numbers, and click verify, and then you end up where you didn't want to end up, and.. and.. for God's sake.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BearX220
In the past 24 hours the HHonors sign-in has disappeared from the top rail of the Hilton website altogether. There is a clickable "Hilton HHonors" icon that takes you away to the HHonors website, and then you have to click on the "I am not a robot" thing, and then you have to type out the house numbers, and click verify, and then you end up where you didn't want to end up, and.. and.. for God's sake.
I've been having that issue (the sign-in not being on the top rail) for over a month now
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:58 pm

I just got a identify the steaks from the pictures using a sample picture. This is something new. Can't even see properly what foods were presented.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I got to identify the birthday cakes.

Pretty lame security measure, but better than the unreadable images we were getting for a while.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
I've gotten the 3 digit house number to logging in. Pretty easy.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:09 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I had to click on all of the bananas. Are we grade school children again?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NDDomer86
I had to click on all of the bananas. Are we grade school children again?
It's risked-based. They (Google) make a determination on how likely you are to be human, and then give you a test based on that.

If they are 99% sure you're human, you just get the tick-box.
If they are 80% sure you're human, you get an easy test to be sure.
If they have no history information to know if you're a human or not, you get a harder test like the street numbers or words.

(I'm just making up the numbers there - just an example!)

Don't believe me? Open a new 'private browsing' window and they try and login - you'll almost certainly get a word-based (ie, more difficult!) captcha - even if you're just getting the simply tick-box normally. That's because private browsing hides most of the information about you, so they treat you as an unknown.

Also the more frequently you get one wrong, the more likely you are to get a harder one next time. This includes things like not waiting until the "tick" is finished before clicking on the login button!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
on my mobile app I dont have any captcha....the robot thing is ridiculous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.