Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I think anyone of any age can join AARP.
Age 50.

But they don't verify.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Try MVP codes instead of AARP.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:30 am

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dave1013
There is a way.

Log into your account, go to My Profile / Personal Information. Scroll down to "Special Accounts and Rates". Enter your AAA and AARP numbers in the boxes provided. And make any other changes so desired.

Then scroll to the bottom and hit "Save Changes".

That should do the trick.
I've only done that about 50 times in the last 3 years. And every time I ask the Diamond Desk , they say oh yes we know that but the IT department seems unable to fix it.

JOKE
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm not old enough to have an AARP number but I'm surprised you have an AA number, so much for the Anonymous part.
Very Funny. I may have to join that group after dealing with the Useless Hilton Website!!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
not me...

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
I got directly in after checking the not a robot box - no Captcha.
"I'm not a robot" AND then Captcha, so an extra step for me. I'm losing ground steadily here. (At least its the numeric Captcha which I can always read as opposed to the indecipherable text Captchas.)
Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
It varies for me with each login - "robot only," then "robot/captcha," then "robot only." what next?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by Portolan
"I'm not a robot" AND then Captcha, so an extra step for me. I'm losing ground steadily here. (At least its the numeric Captcha which I can always read as opposed to the indecipherable text Captchas.)
I'm now having to go through the extra step of clicking the "I'm not a robot" box. I still then get a captcha and now it's a difficult to read two-word one, rather than the street number version. So, it's an extra step and it's more difficult in that I typically have to refresh the captcha a few times until I get one that I can actually read.

Hilton IT people - there has to be a better way to secure your site. Millions of other commercial websites have figured this out. A good first step, perhaps, is to drop the ability to log in with the 4-digit PIN number. Why is this even still an option?

Last edited by jefftiger; Dec 20, 2014 at 7:55 am
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:55 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
  • Chrome: New two-word version that is utterly unreadable.
  • FF: No captcha at all, but it appears there is supposed to be one because I keep getting an error message telling me to do the captcha
  • IE: Just the "I am not a robot" box

So, I'm being forced to use the least secure browser to to login.

Well-done, Hilton.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm so happy I'm retired and have the extra second to click that I'm not a robot.

It would have been funnier if they had worded it "I...am...not...a...robot".
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: US, HH
Safari on iPad: once you check that you're not a robot it pops up a numerical Captcha, you enter and hit Verify at which point it apparently believes you're not a robot. What's the point in this extra step?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I posted that recmomendation because it has worked without failure for me for the last six months. And I make a lot of Hilton reservations.

YMDV (your mileage did vary)
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Sometimes I get the robot question, sometimes the numbers, sometimes both.

I'm just happy I still get the numbers instead of the Dali-esque melting non-words.

If it stops my account from being hacked, I'm happy with the extra few seconds.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Still no Captcha, only the robot question. Using Safari.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angatol
When you join AARP it asks for your data of birth. Even if you put 1990 you can join.
Spouses/significant others/partners of any age can join, because AARP's assumption is that the other person in the union will be 50 or over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.