Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
This is a horrible addition to an already buddy website. The captchas need to go!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:54 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Oh my. This is truly awful. Hate these things.
IT SUCKS!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: HH D, IHG G, SPG G
Originally Posted by Stripe
Is Hilton insane? Do they simply want people to stop using their website? Is some sort of a bot automatically logging into Hilton accounts a realistic threat? What could they do even if they did get access?
What could they do? Try identity theft. I hate these captcha things too, but having had my account hacked last week, 250000 points stolen from my account, my email address stolen by the hacker who has since spammed me with over 800 abusive emails, my account now frozen by the fraud department, hotels denying me my benefits, AND with the hacker having access to the personal data in my profile, a captcha is better than no protection at all.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:01 pm
In Memoriam

My account was burgled by a Hilton Employee a few years ago. I started a thread on the story and the story got crazy.
Then we had the usual suspects accuse me of lying about all of it so I had the thread deleted.
What happened was I was at a Doubletree and I asked the front desk person to change something on my reservation and he asked me for my pin number. Afterwards, I thought it was pretty strange. Weeks later, I noticed a deduction of points for a Hampton in the same town. I got that fixed and then one Friday night I happened to see a deduction of points for a two night stay at the same 2XTree, I called the front desk who called the cops, and then they had to call the fire department when the perps set off the smoke alarm. I ended up recovering all of my points but what a mess. I actually got a call from the detective handling the case, asking me if I would testify but I think they plead out.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:04 pm

I thought it might just have happened because I was logging in from Cameroon. I couldn't get it right on my mobile.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I didn't mind that it was one simple three-digit number; I can't stand it when they ask for two, difficult to make out ones.
+1
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I think I would rather have the option of using a longer pass-code instead of having to type in a random generated word.
^ Especially since captcha prevents AwardWallet from updating automatically
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:20 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Stripe

I can't imagine a customer-facing company with a more incompetent IT department.
Clearly, you have no experience with IHG. @:-)
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wildthing271
What could they do? Try identity theft. I hate these captcha things too, but having had my account hacked last week, 250000 points stolen from my account, my email address stolen by the hacker who has since spammed me with over 800 abusive emails, my account now frozen by the fraud department, hotels denying me my benefits, AND with the hacker having access to the personal data in my profile, a captcha is better than no protection at all.
Captcha will provide zero protection for hacking situations such as yours.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Captcha will provide zero protection for hacking situations such as yours.
That depends on how they got in. If they just guessed the PIN, it will. It won't provide protection for the other poster who had his PIN stolen by (gave it to) a front desk clerk.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
The CAPTCHA link does not load in China. I have a VPN so can get on, but this means anyone in China without a VPN cannot log in to hilton.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Took five or six spins of the CAPTCHA to find one word group that I could read and use to log in to my HHonors account. Worked on the first attempt though. CAPTCHA won't help if hackers previously got your account number and pin or password, as then it won't make any difference.

Now if I could just get the Hilton website to delete my "captured" CC info from my profile from the most recent booking I made a week ago. I never leave my CC info on a website, preferring to enter it each time, but now I can't get it off the Hilton site, by hitting the delete button, changing the number or expiry dates, or any other way, including a call to Hilton. When I hit the submit button on the website (does it really work?) to delete my CC info, it just reverts back to the same number and dates. I've just PM'd the HHonors rep here on FT to finally try to get my CC info off the Hilton site.

Hope that he can get the results for me, without my having to change the HHonors account that I've had for many years.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Yesterday the captcha was a simple set of 3 or 4 numbers today its the far more annoying set of letters that it takes several to find one I think I understand
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Extremely annoying!

Remember me doesn't work and requires captcha each time in Chrome!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by dabee69
Extremely annoying!

Remember me doesn't work and requires captcha each time in Chrome!
Yeah, that's the thing. It "remembers you" but then you still need the CAPTCHA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.