Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
HHonors Sign In (if the link has disappeared)

https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "CAPTCHA for logging in?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by underpressure
I should add that I was one of the people who's accounts was compromised, it was by a HILTON EMPLOYEE and captcha would have done NOTHING to stop that.
How did you find this out? More info please. Could be good ammunition for others that have had their accounts compromised.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Baze
How did you find this out? More info please. Could be good ammunition for others that have had their accounts compromised.
See post 19 on this thread. A front desk employee claimed to need the HHonors number and PIN to change a reservation. The police caught him at the hotel he used the points for.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sethb
See post 19 on this thread. A front desk employee claimed to need the HHonors number and PIN to change a reservation. The police caught him at the hotel he used the points for.
Ah, thanks. Missed that post.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:57 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by sethb
Incidentally, I just received a claim form for "Victim's Compensation Fund" from the New Bern, NC Police Department. Other than time, I was not out anything and I am not too excited about making something up that would result in someone who really did lose something getting a lesser amount of money.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jefftiger
I'm now seeing a two word captcha on my Windows 8.1 desktop. One of the words is generally so distorted that I can't read it (I guess that this is the idea!). But, it means that I have to cycle through several different word combinations until I can see one that I can actually decipher. I agree with others; this is a real pain.

Why doesn't Hilton simply tighten up strong password requirements and get rid of the PIN login option which is much less secure?
Because they have an Idiot IT department. They can't even make the site save your AAA number. How can you expect them to do anything more difficult.

Site is down all the time.

In 5 years I have never seen the Marriott site down!
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Thumbs down

To embarrass you more, this is how captcha looks like on a MAC with Safari. Slightly easier to see what's written there

Use MAC or app and you're good to go... What an unbelievably lame Hilton information security approach!!!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Hilton using all tricks to make you feel positive about the brand subconsciously... check out this CAPTCHA

Needless to say that I was unable to login, as I interpreted this "ae" combo letter wrongly (I suppose)
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
That capcha must have been meant for people like me who has it on our keyboard, ha ha
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I dug out an old Safari browser for Windows. It gives same good and simple Hilton CAPTCHA as on MAC @:-)
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (SM, 1MM) Marriott Rewards (Lifetime Gold), HHonors (Lifetime Diamond)
why the horrible Captcha upon login

Is it just me or does everyone else hate the fact you have to enter those impossible to see Captcha things every time you login to HHonors.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ct-2014-a.html
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
currently i just get 'number' captchas which are easy for my eyes to read so no issues.

it is textual captures with letters merging ito each other i can not abide, on sites with those messy text captures on occasion i have refreshed a dozen times to find a capture i can actually read.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:18 am

Use the sound function. It is fairly clear to hear. Like others the letters mashed together were hard to read. After a few days the verification text became numbers , so no need for the sound function.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I don't mind the numbers, but the letters are just unreadable in many instances. I am not always in a place where can use sound - I prefer not to be the guy with his speakers up in public without headphones....
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I wish I could remember the details, but few years ago I was talking to an IT person about how hard the Captcha letters were to read. His opinion was that Captcha was a poor choice by lazy web designers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.