Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by saaveraward
The glasses in the lounge were face down on a drying rack. The glass shelf under the drying rack was not cleaned, nor was the rack, which should have been cleaned and sanitized daily, at a minimum. Hairs were present that stuck up through the drying rack as well as a white caked substance that could be anything from mold to dirt.

I alerted tbe staff to this. They agreed. Next day? Nothing. I poured everything in a tea cup from there on out. Mentioned this in my survey. No reply

Transferred to the Bankside for my next stay and the glasses in the lounge were face up and spotless.
Definitely not good. I will be on the lookout for this in the lounge on our visit later next month. Sure hope there is positive change
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:17 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by TTL
Now trying the above mentioned email trying to secure an early check-in for next X-mas. Will report back.
Follow up. 4 days it took to receive a polite e-mail and confirmation, so the e-mail address is functional.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:11 am

Sent an email to the GRM with regards to the feedback of my stay, nothing was heard from them for 8 days. Proceed with an email to the GM and was met with an reply from GM herself and a followed up from GRM.
They told me that that reason being the slow reply was that they had an overflow of emails for the past three weeks.

​​​​​Anyway complements from my feedback were sent to the respective staffs and the incidents happened during my stay was happily resolved.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
The glasses in the lounge were face down on a drying rack. The glass shelf under the drying rack was not cleaned, nor was the rack, which should have been cleaned and sanitized daily, at a minimum. Hairs were present that stuck up through the drying rack as well as a white caked substance that could be anything from mold to dirt.

I alerted tbe staff to this. They agreed. Next day? Nothing. I poured everything in a tea cup from there on out. Mentioned this in my survey. No reply

Transferred to the Bankside for my next stay and the glasses in the lounge were face up and spotless.
Did you managed to get a reply from the hotel so far?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Miltani
Did you managed to get a reply from the hotel so far?
No. I interacted with the lounge staff and filled out the survey. I did not take additional action.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:17 am

Just about to check out.

All was great until breakfast. The host was very rude, tried to give us a table literally centimetres next to someone else, and when we asked for an alternative she said her manager would berate her if we were sat at a table that wasn’t quite ready (it wasn’t dirty, just needed cutlery on the table), then walked away from us. She didn’t offer a seat to us in the cocktail bar next door while we waited or anything. We were happy to wait she just needed to explain the wait and be a lot more professional about it.

When we sat down we were ignored. Had to ask for everything: toast, coffee etc. they were not short staffed.

There seemed to be distinct levels of service, perhaps based on status or being regulars.

breakfast was nothing special, just average Hilton quality.

overall a very nice stay just a shame about the breakfast staff.

Last edited by masmadrid; Oct 16, 2022 at 6:46 am
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by masmadrid
Just about to check out.

All was great until breakfast. The host was very rude, tried to give us a table literally centimetres next to someone else, and when we asked for an alternative she said her manager would berate her if we were sat at a table that wasn’t quite ready (it wasn’t dirty, just needed cutlery on the table), then walked away from us. She didn’t offer a seat to us in the cocktail bar next door while we waited or anything. We were happy to wait she just needed to explain the wait and be a lot more professional about it.

When we sat down we were ignored. Had to ask for everything: toast, coffee etc. they were not short staffed.

There seemed to be distinct levels of service, perhaps based on status or being regulars.

breakfast was nothing special, just average Hilton quality.

overall a very nice stay just a shame about the breakfast staff.
I checked out this morning too!! And I agree with every word you say re breakfast. Apart from the excellent quality smoked salmon the quality has become basic standard. The tables are very close together, they sat me at the first table next to the buffet and it was very unpleasant being so close to my neighbours, getting in and out to get more food was very uncomfortable. My other complaint was the quality of the pastries and bread rolls.
And cold plates for hot food are not nice, my scrambled eggs were cold by the time I sat down. You felt ignored or treated less because of status, don’t, I’m lifetime Diamond and was treated exactly the same, except one guy in a suit came to say hello and ask how I was ‘cos he remembered me from previous stays. I too had to flag down staff to ask for toast - which arrived cold - and fried eggs which took forever. Staff are very good at just walking by and ignoring you.

I enjoyed the executive lounge, the afternoon tea was nice and evening canapés and drinks offerings plentiful and of high quality. The 5.15pm to 7.15pm makes sense in this location and for the purpose most people stay. Most had 1 drink, some nibbles and rushed out to go to the theatre or tour.

I didn’t enjoy my room though. I’d booked a deluxe via Impressario and received no upgrade. Asked at check in but apparently to capacity.
The room itself was situated at the back of the hotel facing a pub which became very lively between 5pm and midnight. Then from 5.30am bin men and glass containers were emptied. Nice. The windows offered no soundproofing whatsoever as they could open 4 inches. The a/c didn’t work which wasn’t a surprise to front desk and I wasn’t alone on the corridor, several other guests complained too. The room became boiling hot ( before I discovered the windows could open) and the bathroom
freezing. The towels weren’t Conrad quality at all anymore, very thin and some even had holes in them. Toiletries have changed to Byredo Mojave ghost in big bottles which I liked.

At check out the bill was incorrect, the £75 credit hadn’t been removed and they tried to charge the incorrect amount. The girls didn’t seem to understand why that was, taking my phone several times to check my booking information. Then tried to blame the travelagent for their mistake.
wizla and masmadrid like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Was here back in May 2022, and even then the breakfast staff was getting complaints from customers about forgetting things or bringing things too late.
This is not a new problem....been like this for a while.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Was here back in May 2022, and even then the breakfast staff was getting complaints from customers about forgetting things or bringing things too late.
This is not a new problem....been like this for a while.
I know and when I addressed the problem the person in charge was making excuses like yes I know, but we have so many new staff they need to learn. Rubbish, I recognised plenty “old” staff from previous stays and they were still slow. When my eggs finally arrived he actually had to run around the entire restaurant to find cutlery because somebody had removed them from the table as I went to get a bread roll.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
I checked out this morning too!! And I agree with every word you say re breakfast. Apart from the excellent quality smoked salmon the quality has become basic standard. The tables are very close together, they sat me at the first table next to the buffet and it was very unpleasant being so close to my neighbours, getting in and out to get more food was very uncomfortable. My other complaint was the quality of the pastries and bread rolls.
And cold plates for hot food are not nice, my scrambled eggs were cold by the time I sat down. You felt ignored or treated less because of status, don’t, I’m lifetime Diamond and was treated exactly the same, except one guy in a suit came to say hello and ask how I was ‘cos he remembered me from previous stays. I too had to flag down staff to ask for toast - which arrived cold - and fried eggs which took forever. Staff are very good at just walking by and ignoring you.

I enjoyed the executive lounge, the afternoon tea was nice and evening canapés and drinks offerings plentiful and of high quality. The 5.15pm to 7.15pm makes sense in this location and for the purpose most people stay. Most had 1 drink, some nibbles and rushed out to go to the theatre or tour.

I didn’t enjoy my room though. I’d booked a deluxe via Impressario and received no upgrade. Asked at check in but apparently to capacity.
The room itself was situated at the back of the hotel facing a pub which became very lively between 5pm and midnight. Then from 5.30am bin men and glass containers were emptied. Nice. The windows offered no soundproofing whatsoever as they could open 4 inches. The a/c didn’t work which wasn’t a surprise to front desk and I wasn’t alone on the corridor, several other guests complained too. The room became boiling hot ( before I discovered the windows could open) and the bathroom
freezing. The towels weren’t Conrad quality at all anymore, very thin and some even had holes in them. Toiletries have changed to Byredo Mojave ghost in big bottles which I liked.
Oh no it sounds like you had a much worse stay than I did! Our room was fine luckily.

Some of the bread at breakfast was definitely from the day before. I’d have put money on. That’s a new low

Was it a typo about liking the new toiletries? They look cheap and smell like Holiday Inn Express/Premier Inn ones to me. I much preferred the older ones in the orange colour that they had July last year.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by masmadrid
Oh no it sounds like you had a much worse stay than I did! Our room was fine luckily.

Some of the bread at breakfast was definitely from the day before. I’d have put money on. That’s a new low

Was it a typo about liking the new toiletries? They look cheap and smell like Holiday Inn Express/Premier Inn ones to me. I much preferred the older ones in the orange colour that they had July last year.
Those croissants were definitely old.
No, lol that wasn’t a typo, I do like the new toiletries and I googled them, they are not cheap, they sell them at Harrods and Liberty, some bottles retail at £42.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Oh boy, we have a 4 night stay coming up now in November and was so looking forward to staying here but it looks liek lately, its subpar. I came on here to see if I could find an email so that we can contact the hotel early but at this point, i won't even bother trying. lol
Old Oct 18, 2022, 11:13 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

The hotel has always rested on its premium brand here with the Conrad branding.
The fact is that the hotel has always been stingy with upgrades unless you form a close relationship with management
Its always had road noise even in the best suites and rooms.
The restaurant once was very good by most London hotel standards for breakfast.No recent experience for myself
I switched many years ago to the Bankside Hilton and even with their staffing shortage
and newer and weaker performing team members is a far better property.Prefer the location too

The Marriott Bankside (Autograph Collection)as well gets 5 stars (near impossible) and the Hilton Bankside gets 4.5 .
Love that Diamonds can enjoy the lounge and the restaurant daily.Sometimes do both
While I like a number of aspects of the Conrad property.The overpricing typically on award or revenue as well as recognition consistency
leads me to other Hiltons and or other brands outside Hilton
We all have different ideas of perceived value and experience/recognition expectations so use your own judgement in making the right choice
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
The hotel has always rested on its premium brand here with the Conrad branding.
The fact is that the hotel has always been stingy with upgrades unless you form a close relationship with management
Its always had road noise even in the best suites and rooms.
The restaurant once was very good by most London hotel standards for breakfast.No recent experience for myself
I switched many years ago to the Bankside Hilton and even with their staffing shortage
and newer and weaker performing team members is a far better property.Prefer the location too

The Marriott Bankside (Autograph Collection)as well gets 5 stars (near impossible) and the Hilton Bankside gets 4.5 .
Love that Diamonds can enjoy the lounge and the restaurant daily.Sometimes do both
While I like a number of aspects of the Conrad property.The overpricing typically on award or revenue as well as recognition consistency
leads me to other Hiltons and or other brands outside Hilton
We all have different ideas of perceived value and experience/recognition expectations so use your own judgement in making the right choice

Thanks, appreciate the honest feedback on it. Typically we just want a room and while an upgrade is nice, when we want something, we just book it and don't rely on it. I guess i was just bummed reading about the breakfast and the lounge since these were the two things we definitely would enjoy with status. At theend of the day, perhaps we will be thrilled anyway, and we are going over the holiday week so at this point not changing. But as we have various nights in separate reservations wanted to reach out to the hotel ahead of time even though hilton already noted our file on the first night.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by miadukes
Thanks, appreciate the honest feedback on it. Typically we just want a room and while an upgrade is nice, when we want something, we just book it and don't rely on it. I guess i was just bummed reading about the breakfast and the lounge since these were the two things we definitely would enjoy with status. At theend of the day, perhaps we will be thrilled anyway, and we are going over the holiday week so at this point not changing. But as we have various nights in separate reservations wanted to reach out to the hotel ahead of time even though hilton already noted our file on the first night.
Because your expectations are entirely fair and reasonable I think you will be just fine.
I never left disappointed by breakfast in the restaurant and go back to the days when it was
the Inter Continental as a Royal Ambassador where a suite was expected and they never would claiming a one category upgrade policy or barely larger room.
Of course chefs & budgets change as do hotel elite recognition polices as companies continue their mission of cost cutting
So YMMV!
Abidjan and miadukes like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.