Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed 13 nights in the past 12 months. In December, I ate breakfast in the restaurant daily and never experienced any issues. In June, I had breakfast in the lounge and never had any problems. I will say that due to a heating unit malfunction, we were moved from a one bedroom suite to a lesser room. But we were well compensated for that. We had a few meals in the pub and have no complaints. Dinner in The Pem, however was incredible. Everyone with whom I had any contact was extremely nice.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Thank you for that, doug091363 . I'm in house right now and have also enjoyed the pub but wondered if The Pem was worth it. Based on your endorsement, I'll give it a try!
doug091363 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:57 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Thank you for that, doug091363 . I'm in house right now and have also enjoyed the pub but wondered if The Pem was worth it. Based on your endorsement, I'll give it a try!
Thanks for this hint... a table for five reserved on X-mas day lunch... Pre-payment requested, which was slightly odd (£750 altogether without drinks).
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Just finished our second stay here in the last couple of months. Stay was very nice, and service was good. My only issue was we were in a room on the back of the hotel directly above the loading dock on the second floor. Every morning, early, we heard the delivery of water and the clanking of glass bottles and the loading dock door opening. The room was 253... I would not stay in that room or the back side again.
dgreen12, Abidjan and wizla like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Just finished our second stay here in the last couple of months. Stay was very nice, and service was good. My only issue was we were in a room on the back of the hotel directly above the loading dock on the second floor. Every morning, early, we heard the delivery of water and the clanking of glass bottles and the loading dock door opening. The room was 253... I would not stay in that room or the back side again.
I was in 250 on my last stay which I reviewed and had the same issues with noise from the pub on top.
dgreen12 and worldiswide like this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HY Globalist, BY Titanium, QR Gold, TK Elite, SQ KFGL, UA SL, DL SL
Have an upcoming stay at the CSJ this Friday. Just messaged the front desk with an upgrade request, with no shame responding me -

Good evening, Mr XXX and thanks for messaging Conrad St James London. We have the Conrad suite available for 1000 thousand extra per night. Please confirm if we can go ahead with the booking
-
While a Junior suite and a one bedrooms are available.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 6:12 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hall of Shame

Originally Posted by mangoman1
Have an upcoming stay at the CSJ this Friday. Just messaged the front desk with an upgrade request, with no shame responding me -

Nice try on their part.Answer back glad my loyalty is appreciated 🤷‍♂️🙄
I hope you said what could you upgrade me to for 2000 more a night
Glad I moved on long ago👍
Old Nov 9, 2022, 6:40 pm

Well, the P suite at the Hilton Bankside costs less than that.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Well, the P suite at the Hilton Bankside costs less than that.
And the lounge is a bit better though meatballs get tiring at night
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
And the lounge is a bit better though meatballs get tiring at night
I wouldn't rely on the club for regular meals but a snack at tea time would be good.
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HY Globalist, BY Titanium, QR Gold, TK Elite, SQ KFGL, UA SL, DL SL
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Nice try on their part.Answer back glad my loyalty is appreciated 🤷‍♂️🙄
I hope you said what could you upgrade me to for 2000 more a night
Glad I moved on long ago👍
That’s exactly what I responded. The agent didn’t even care and said ‘oh yeah we see your request in your reservation. Good luck’
Old Nov 10, 2022, 3:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....

Although the suite is very nice - we have been upgraded to that in the past.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 4:02 am

That’s exactly what I responded. The agent didn’t even care and said ‘oh yeah we see your request in your reservation. Good luck’
No matter how many lifetime elite tiers I’ve earned the most
aggravating thing is emailing a hotel in advance.
Then getting the hotels reservations center or in house reservations.
Unless you have a relationship with the hotel where they like you and see you as a desirable guest you are communicatingwith those that have no empowerment to do anything but give stock answers and sell or upsell

One really needs direct contacts of front office managers and rooms execs
that have the empowerment to make for a great stay
I recently canceled weeks of bookings with lame properties that
either never responded or gave me inaccurate information on the property.Unfortunately as GMs and long time teams have turned over
it’s created a far more challenging mission with many a booking even
where the guest may have a long time history at a given property

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 10, 2022 at 4:12 am
Old Nov 10, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
I wouldn't rely on the club for regular meals but a snack at tea time would be good.
Agree but afternoon scones..ending at 4 ..are very good.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:52 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
A three night stay by 5 people 23 to 26 Dec. An enjoyable stay all in all. Junior suite and exec room stayed as booked and no upgrades. Very friendly welcome at reception. No early check in, even though requested. Received both rooms 3 pm. This is the weak point of most London Hiltons.

A lovely breakfast every morning at the hotel restaurant (later during the day called PEM) with exceptional service. Lovely evening exec. lounge between 5:15 and 7:15 pm.

The PEM Christmas lunch was not quite what we expected... the service was good at 1 pm after start, but declined thereafter as the restaurant became more congested. Desert had to waited for more than 30 mins, and they never delivered the bill for the rather expensive wines. Had to go to the restaurant entrance and wait to pay the bill. Furthermore, the food was quite tasteless - a disappointment for that price! Charging the service separately (130 pounds instead of tips) was another novelty! I do not recommend at all after this experience.

Last evening everything else was shut down but the Boar pub, and that was a very lively place with very good service and reasonable prices. I can recommend.
And in last morning, as the Tube would start late 7:30 AM, the transportation to LHR was smooth, arranged by the concierges for plain 80 pounds for the same bunch of 5.

Many thanks for an enjoyable Christmas experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.