Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2023, 8:00 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
If you have booked a room without breakfast but are Diamond is breakfast only in the lounge? If it is in the main restaurant what is chargeable? TIA
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by wtcmor
If you have booked a room without breakfast but are Diamond is breakfast only in the lounge? If it is in the main restaurant what is chargeable? TIA
As a diamond, you are entitled to a complimentary “English” breakfast in the restaurant which is your typical bacon, eggs, beans, sausage, fruit, all kinds of pastries, multiple types of smoked salmon, yogurts, etc. We did it both mornings and was never presented with a check to sign or charge to our room. The hostess had a list of all the rooms/guest and what I presume also included status.
danpeake, wtcmor and wizla like this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
(deleted)
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold

Was able to acquire this today during my stay
Old Nov 23, 2023, 11:19 pm

They have a black friday voucher sale for 20% off on nov 24
10% off from nov 25
eg pay 400 for a 500 voucher.

Considering this hotel but the possible noisy rooms are a major downside...
Old Nov 24, 2023, 6:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
They have a black friday voucher sale for 20% off on nov 24
10% off from nov 25
eg pay 400 for a 500 voucher.

Considering this hotel but the possible noisy rooms are a major downside...
I don’t ever remember quiet rooms here and I really like select rooms and suites otherwise
Mostly I left years ago as other area properties in and out of the Hilton portfolio upgrade better
That may not be a concern though for others
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I don’t ever remember quiet rooms here and I really like select rooms and suites otherwise
Mostly I left years ago as other area properties in and out of the Hilton portfolio upgrade better
That may not be a concern though for others

Last edited by pure12345; Nov 26, 2023 at 2:05 am
Old Nov 25, 2023, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by pure12345
what do you mean by “don’t remembe4 quiet rooms”? All rooms are noisy? Why?
I have been in beautiful suites and rooms and most all are reasonably noisy some especially more so
That led me to change accommodations not always with success unfortunately and sometimes having to downgrade further
When it was a built as an InterContinental the builders didn't soundproof as good as they should have imo
Granted not every guest is noise sensitive
I’m in New York City now and it’s noisy with constant cars taxis buses honking sirens etc however Im also on the 32nd floor which helps a bit.And in a massive premium spacious suite.I will happily suck it up as the accommodations are spectacular and it does quiet down somewhat Midnight to 7 AM

The Conrad London doesn't have many floors and really is more of a highly upscale lovely,boutique hotel than a luxurious solid built 5 star hotel
i love the room and suite designs there but the ever changing management,smelly perfumed lobby (scents) challenge trying to find more quiet rooms and upgrading challenges (they prefer no upgrade or one category )( I sometimes did better) led me to seek other properties despite it being one of my favorite hotels in London for rooms and suites architecturally.
Still a nice hotel just know what you are signing up for otherwise lovely hotel
I’d go back but it wouldn’t be my first handful of choices on my go to list

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 25, 2023 at 11:41 am
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I'm not sure where the complaints about noise come from.
Even if your room faces the street, this is one of the quietest areas of central London even during working hours or on a Friday and Saturday night.
i've never had any issues with noise here, except maybe from construction.
lalala likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
I'm not sure where the complaints about noise come from.
Even if your room faces the street, this is one of the quietest areas of central London even during working hours or on a Friday and Saturday night.
i've never had any issues with noise here, except maybe from construction.
ymmv
Stayed there for many years and I am a very light sleeper
there are noisier and quieter hotels throughout Europe
Old Nov 26, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
love this hotel and have to weigh in on this subject. Yes, there is some noise, especially if you are on the lower floors from the subway station that is underneath the hotel and there can be some noise over the loading dock rooms on the back side of the hotel, but got used to the noise, and its a balance for the proximity to transportation . There is new management, the general manager left recently, and some of the new staff are from the Park Lane, and I believe they are trying to maintain and improve the customer experience at this property. Stayed here multiple times this year, including for the coronation weekend, and always had a good service experience
Old Nov 26, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sky Miles Gold
We stayed for 3 nights over the coronation. Our room was facing the street on the 3rd or 4th floor and noticed no street noise. Certainly none that impacted our sleep and that was a busy, noisy weekend.
Abidjan and est-gratuite like this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Is the scented reception area a brand standard? I recall the same thing in HKG.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 4:23 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Anyone Stay Recently? Good Deal?

I used to stay here pre-covid. I posted in the Marriott forum, but I am taking my wife for the weekend out to London. I was always upgraded in the past, but recently that may not seem like the case. Superior Room is 76k points a night. Do they offer paid upgrade? I could also stat at the Park Lane Marriot, confirmed room with park view and balcony for 100k/a night and a 300 pound upgrade. Could be a slow weekend, Feb 17/18/19. All rooms are open.

Lifetime Diamond and Lifetime Titanium. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Back in March 2019, we stayed for a week at the Conrad St. James on points. I inquired at [email protected] for paid upgrade options to confirm and book ahead of time and they were very receptive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.