Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:50 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I was given a free pair of tickets to the first ABBA night by dint of working for the NHS. Whether I can use them or not is dependent on the evolution of the pandemic, but the current signs are getting more positive. I booked Canary Wharf Hilton due to a combination of location to the venue, access to public transport and a reasonable level of comfort and services. Bankside is also relatively well placed for the venue too.
Hilton Canary Wharf is perfect for this , get on Docklands light railway @ south quay ( 2 min walk from hotel ) and pudding mill is about a 10/15 min journey on the Stratford line…..good choice!
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
I checked in yesterday 3pm, booked a deluxe king and that is what I got. Asked for an upgrade when I checked in at reception but was told no. Room ok, pretty dark, very warm. No view, wall.
Had a look at afternoon tea, lounge pretty full, mainly American tourists who seemed happy with the scones and some chocolate cake and finger sandwiches with ham. I wasn’t impressed.

Evening drinks service is exactly as smithrh in the London hotel thread described: I asked the gentleman server if I could help myself for drinks and he said “it’s table service, but you can help yourself if you like”, so I did.
He knew I was drinking g&t and indeed he came round with bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and Merlot and completely ignored me as well!! So smithrh, it’s nothing personal lol. He really doesn’t like me, I had the audacity to ask for some more canapés! Not a fan of having to beg for food.

Rubbish sleep due to the pillows being too soft and room too hot.

No breakfast in lounge yet, covid you see, instead taken in the newly renovated The Prem restaurant which I must admit is gorgeous. And the buffet is such an improvement from a couple of years back when I last stayed. If you leave hungry here there’s something wrong with you. Service is still very slow, toast arrived cold, well it would be it the server is chatting to another table with your toast on his tray.
Can’t fault reception staff, extremely young, friendly and helpful.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi Winniesbestfriend,

Thanks for the report

Sounds like the afternoon tea has improved since my stay in July ( then it was only biscuits) but sounds like the evening snacks are the same ( ie a plate of 3 small canapes , and a meat and cheesse plate ( both smalish)

Breakfast moved from the Blue boar to to the Pem

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi Winniesbestfriend,

Thanks for the report

Sounds like the afternoon tea has improved since my stay in July ( then it was only biscuits) but sounds like the evening snacks are the same ( ie a plate of 3 small canapes , and a meat and cheesse plate ( both smalish)

Breakfast moved from the Blue boar to to the Pem

Regards

TBS
I wasn’t offered meat and cheese platter but I saw others getting it. I presumed they chose it instead of canapés but obviously I was short changed.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:29 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I was given a free pair of tickets to the first ABBA night by dint of working for the NHS. Whether I can use them or not is dependent on the evolution of the pandemic, but the current signs are getting more positive. I booked Canary Wharf Hilton due to a combination of location to the venue, access to public transport and a reasonable level of comfort and services. Bankside is also relatively well placed for the venue too.
OT continues: Biltmore and suites... Paid 1 bedroom suite for 2 for 4 nights (thu - mon) in forthcoming July. They are offering Mayfair suite with more cubic feet for £300 extra per night. Worthwhile? Take that or splurge with champagne elsewhere, e.g., fifth floor or Mandarin´s bar?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 5:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TTL
OT continues: Biltmore and suites... Paid 1 bedroom suite for 2 for 4 nights (thu - mon) in forthcoming July. They are offering Mayfair suite with more cubic feet for £300 extra per night. Worthwhile? Take that or splurge with champagne elsewhere, e.g., fifth floor or Mandarin´s bar?
I think only you can decide whether a £300 a night supplement is worthwhile, I certainly would never do it, but if you are throwing very large sums of money at your stay you may want to look at The Savoy or The Goring or some other top rack establishment.
TTL likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:01 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I think only you can decide whether a £300 a night supplement is worthwhile, I certainly would never do it, but if you are throwing very large sums of money at your stay you may want to look at The Savoy or The Goring or some other top rack establishment.
Thanks for hinting! One stay Diamond in Hhonors is also at an aim... Last time it succeeded on traveling to Indian ocean and so forth. Luckily EU + GB are opening up...Missing London SO MUCH!

Last edited by TTL; Mar 15, 2022 at 6:12 am Reason: One stay diamond annually is the aim...
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:21 am

We had a nice stay in early April, using free night certificates from my wife. As a diamond, we were upgraded with free breakfast, free executive lounge. The room and bathroom were large. We received a small gift of belgian chocolates.

The lounge was as described by others. In the afternoon, they had puddings and small sandwichs. In the evening, beer, wine, sparkling wine, a few choices of hard liquor. The canapes were served in a bent spoon, three choices and cheeses, cold cuts and saumon. They changed to self service, as a trial I was told by a waiter.

Breakfast included hot and cold choices. Football team Real Madrid was there during our stay. I guess they had a good stay, they won the next day.

We did well coming to the hotel from Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line changing at Hammersmith to the District line, just across the platform - no stairs. We also returned the same way.

The bus stop by Westminster Abbey, just a few minues walk, had convenient direct bus lines: line 11 goes to St Paul Cathedral, there you can cross the millennial bridge to the Globe and the New Tate. Line 24 goes to Leicester Square.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by walterj
Football team Real Madrid was there during our stay. I guess they had a good stay, they won the next day.
A number of years ago I was at a hotel in Madrid. I went out to dinner one evening, and when I returned the hotel was surrounded by police and crowds. I was allowed in because I was a guest. Turned out that a soccer/football team was staying there.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by walterj

We did well coming to the hotel from Heathrow on the Piccadilly Line changing at Hammersmith to the District line, just across the platform - no stairs.
Slightly misleading.
There are no stairs when changing from one tube (metro) line to another at Hammersmith station, but once you arrive at St James Park station where the Conrad is, there are quite a lot of stairs, with no elevators and no escalators.

If carrying heavy luggage, a better bet is to exit at Westminster or Victoria station (both stations have escalators) and take a taxi a short distance.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:44 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Heaven help you if your in a wheel chair disabled etc
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: Qantas Plat
Quick Question. Staying here for 7 nights in May in an Executive Room. Does this include Breakfast as it isn't specifically mentioned.
Old May 3, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by pushka
Quick Question. Staying here for 7 nights in May in an Executive Room. Does this include Breakfast as it isn't specifically mentioned.
Currently in the middle of a stayBreakfast in lounge
Quoted an extra 10GBP for the restaurant
The _Banking_Scot and pushka like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by peachy3

hi

Many thanks for that peachy3

How us the breakfast in the lounge ( if you are in the lounge)
would be most grateful for any feedback as this is the first post saying breakfast is back in the lounge for several years ( my breakfast was in the blue boar last year as the lounge was closed for breakfast

Many thanks

Tbs
Abidjan and pushka like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:43 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by peachy3
Prior to the pandemic I dont remember any upcharge for dining in the restaurant as opposed to the club
for Diamonds since it’s been a Hilton
.Hilton has 2 giant gaping hotels in its program no more fully complimentary breakfast
and the newer dollar amount credit
That may cover most of the breakfast in the lower end hotels and no late checkout guarantee

Over the years that has cost the chain hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of my business
If the property is engaging in this upcharge practice I’ll assume that is their take on offering less
rather than do a dollar amount.Like the dollar credit concept but the amount is to stingy in many hotels
For me personally while I like the hotel overall I would just choose another hotel unless the rate was exceptional Ive always found the hotel to be somewhat over market priced for revenue or on points so stay elsewhere typically
It’s a sad day when IHGs new program is more generous than Hilton!
Abidjan and wizla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.