Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dinotoon
Recently booked a 5 night stay on points at the Maison Astor - but it will not be open in time (mid April). Hilton moved me to the Paris Opera (executive room) for the same amount of points Based on some of the comments here - very much looking forward to the stay - especially given I definitely didn’t have enough points to book here originally.
Lucky you. Great location, the main lobby is magnificent, and excellent seafood restaurants right across the street. Enjoy.
dinotoon likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Originally Posted by dinotoon
Recently booked a 5 night stay on points at the Maison Astor - but it will not be open in time (mid April). Hilton moved me to the Paris Opera (executive room) for the same amount of points Based on some of the comments here - very much looking forward to the stay - especially given I definitely didn’t have enough points to book here originally.
The same thing happened to me. I don't know if it will be better than the Maison Astor would have been, but the Astor is fewer points.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Accor Silver
We are at the hotel right now. There’s a big convention and that’s why the Executive lounge was closed during the afternoon.
some rude stuff member told us” it’s closed for you because we have a group here” No apology.
the hole day there’s a film team at the hotel and they work at the same floor where our room is located: a team of 30 people, very noisy, every minute they cry “ action” and someone is running along the corridor with heavy boots.
feels like in a madhouse. Front desk refuse to let us change the room “ because we are complet” showing the iphone app with the possibility to reserve at least 5 different room categories doesn’t help, at this moment they don’t understand .
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds awful. Don't waste your time anymore with useless staff. Call Guest Assistance (or the Diamond Desk) right away and get a case logged. They have the power to move you to alternate property or issue you up to two nights Be My Guest certificate for the inconvenience. Make it clear you are raising a complaint.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by guiseppe
We are at the hotel right now. There’s a big convention and that’s why the Executive lounge was closed during the afternoon.
some rude stuff member told us” it’s closed for you because we have a group here” No apology.
the hole day there’s a film team at the hotel and they work at the same floor where our room is located: a team of 30 people, very noisy, every minute they cry “ action” and someone is running along the corridor with heavy boots.
feels like in a madhouse. Front desk refuse to let us change the room “ because we are complet” showing the iphone app with the possibility to reserve at least 5 different room categories doesn’t help, at this moment they don’t understand .
Rather than complaining here, ask to talk to a manager. From our experience there, management is very customer service oriented.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Sacre bleu!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by guiseppe
I don't think you're going to have any luck trying to get them to give you a room change. I had an issue with my assigned room last year (I emailed a manager several days in advance to ask for a quiet room away from the elevators, and was assigned a noisy room right next to the elevators) and they told me they were completely full. I also showed that the app showed many different room types for sale, and was told it must be a problem with the app, which they would "report to the GM." I went back a few days later, they also said they were full and - no surprise, plenty of room types for sale online. If I were you, I'd ask them to move you to another property since the film team is ruining your stay and the lounge is closed with no warning. My plan in the future is to stay at one of the Marriotts during busy times so I don't run into issues with a bad room and no recourse at the Hilton (this despite being HH Diamond and only Marriott Gold)
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Accor Silver
Thank you guys for all the responses. Actually we went out for diner last night and had a great evening after the hole afternoon was ruined and I was really furious about the situation. Today we decided not to come back to the hotel at noon for a little rest but extended our sightseeing. At the moment the film crew is nearly leaving, one of the crew member even gave me the advise to complain at the front desk and ask for compensation or for a Cadeau!
changing the hotel was not an option, I’m here for vacation in the heart of Paris and don’t want to change to la Defense or elsewhere including packing all the Bagage etc.
today there’s another convention, lounge was closed from 11- 3 pm. At the evening there were always many guests in the lounge, nearly all from the US, I rarely heard any French, just one couple from Germany and one from Sweden. I have the impression that they have not so much regular guests ( fully booked??) and need the things like the convention, film crews etc.
By consequence, if they don’t stop this, they will loose the other guests too ( maybe except diamonds staying on points ).
Old May 17, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
March 2019 datews

I am considering staying around March 24th week for Spring Break. I checked online and this property is sold out that week. Does anyone know if that would be accurate? Is there something big going on in Paris that week?
Old May 17, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by jzafar
I am considering staying around March 24th week for Spring Break. I checked online and this property is sold out that week. Does anyone know if that would be accurate? Is there something big going on in Paris that week?
Look at other days before and after. Are they available? European hotels are sometimes slow to release dates far out.
Old May 17, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Look at other days before and after. Are they available? European hotels are sometimes slow to release dates far out.

BINGO! THANKS BlueZebra!!! They are only booking through 1/31/19.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by jzafar
BINGO! THANKS BlueZebra!!! They are only booking through 1/31/19.
Pretty common in Europe. Going to be in Germany and Austria for 3 weeks starting Tuesday. As I recall, I couldn't book Hilton Munich until about September or October, and some other non-Hiltons until January and February of this year.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: AA GLD for life, HH Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, TSA pfd
Rollaway extra

Originally Posted by tynmar
hey, not sure what bed types you are after here.

they have a twin deluxe room which is two singles

an exec room can fit a rollaway at cost per night (70eur)
best for three persons.

or last option is a family room, which is basically two rooms connected and a queen in each. 3/4 persons

Hope this helps
I booked an exec room for 2 adults and 16YO daughter. Will I get bedding for 3 or will I have to pay E70 for a rollaway? Requested King suite upgrade, would that have bedding for 3?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:21 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Christmas 2017 the executive room with 2 adults and a rollaway for a 13 year old had a rollaway bed set up in the room upon arrival and was made each day. We paid for the executive room - it was not an upgrade. No additional charge (confirmed in advance by manager). This hotel usually emails you after you make a reservation so if you got one of those you could email them back.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by georgeroads
I booked an exec room for 2 adults and 16YO daughter. Will I get bedding for 3 or will I have to pay E70 for a rollaway? Requested King suite upgrade, would that have bedding for 3?
Just seen a random alert and saw I had been quoted Believe all rooms apart from the family room have a charge for a rollaway and the regular rooms which are smaller simply cant accommodate the rollaway.
shame about the extra charge as the suites aren't cheap.

you can email [email protected] to book in advance, hope you have a great stay ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.