Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by Andriyko
That is beyond the point. The idea of denying someone a service or a perk just so that you can have it or feel superior is selfish and obnoxious at the very least... If the hotel decided to extend free breakfast to every guest they probably know whether or not they can accommodate them. Given that breakfast is served for about three hours and guests wake up and go to breakfast at different times (some don't if they have to leave early or they order room service) I am sure that nobody is going to 'steal' a Gold member's table and breakfast, and everyone can enjoy it...
No, actually, it was exactly in response to your point. You said "nothing stops people". I was indicating things that do, indeed, stop people. But then you changed what we were talking about.

Anyway, does anyone know if Le Grand Salon is owned and operated by Hilton? Wondering if I make a purchase there if it will be "Hilton" or some other entity.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLisa
Anyway, does anyone know if Le Grand Salon is owned and operated by Hilton? Wondering if I make a purchase there if it will be "Hilton" or some other entity.
If you're wondering whether you'll get points for eating/having a drink at that bar - you will.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by PHLisa
No, actually, it was exactly in response to your point. You said "nothing stops people". I was indicating things that do, indeed, stop people. But then you changed what we were talking about.

Yes, and when I stayed at several hilton properties, they handed me cards with points bonuses if i spent ~50 euro at the salon
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
This hotel now offers free Full Breakfast on all bookings as a sort of promotion, for everybody. I guess to stimulate bookings after the recent terrorist attacks in France.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Here right now.

As Diamond, got upgrade to Junior Suite. Extremely nice hotel. Staff very nice, helpful and friendly. Room is excellent. Lounge is fine, Ms BlueZebra would prefer prosecco, or in France, champagne! Breakfast Lounge is good. Overall a great place to stay...
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Wishing you an enjoyable stay. Am considering booking there next April but was advised the "Superior" room offers a double bed. Any idea if in France a double bed is same as an American sized double bed? Both my hubby and I are Diamonds, but if we aren't upgraded at check in I would be really disappointed if the bed is too small for us.

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
As Diamond, got upgrade to Junior Suite. Extremely nice hotel. Staff very nice, helpful and friendly. Room is excellent. Lounge is fine, Ms BlueZebra would prefer prosecco, or in France, champagne! Breakfast Lounge is good. Overall a great place to stay...
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:49 pm

Hmmm...I had booked a King room, and got upgraded to a King Junior Suite. The bed is standard US size.

Diamonds are well taken care of here. I would book it. Checking out Sunday...
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
I stayed at this property as a Gold and was upgraded to an executive room and given lounge access.

Very impressive lobby/bar area and the recently renovated room was nice (bathrooms were huge by European standards).

IIRC the lounge and breakfast rooms are very near one another; while we ate breakfast in the lounge every morning we were free to walk down the hall for any additional breakfast items in the larger dining room. Also of note, my wife requested egg white omelettes every morning which were prepared at no charge.

No issues at all with this hotel...will likely stay here again the next time we're in town.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:05 am

Stayed at the beginning of August 2016 for 5 nights, I booked two rooms and both received the Executive Lounge access and free premium wifi without asking. I also received a 4pm late checkout by calling the front desk.

The Junior Suite is probably the best in the hotel because its so open/big, also the executive room was much bigger than I expected. The breakfast in the executive lounge never had more than a few people eating which was peaceful.

The guy at the front desk let me see the Executive/Master Suite rooms and while they are nice, they probably aren't worth the upgrade because it feels a little cramped with two smaller areas but for families with smaller children I think it would be nice. I should note the online checkin let me select the Executive Suite as a free upgrade.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I am staying at the hotel now and have nothing but praise to say. I booked an Executive room (which I did not get a chance to see ), but when I logged in to check in I saw that I was pre-upgraded to a Suite. Ended up in an amazing corner suite with a fantastic view. Everyone is extremely nice and friendly. I had lunch at the Grand Salone which was good and the bar itself is impressive. I visited the lounge for a second in the evening just to check it out but left quickly as it was packed.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: HH D
In case there will be nothing too exiting on TV this Tuesday . If you live in Belgium you may want to watch Cathérine on VTM, which may be available to foreign viewers. This Tuesday, November 8, Catherine visits a top hotel in Paris, Hilton Paris Opera, which is led by the Flemish CEO Sofia Vandaele. For a week Catherine explores all aspects of the hotel, and that includes cleaning the rooms and bathrooms etc. "Catherine," Tuesday, November 8th at 21:45 VTM.

As far as I know anyone outside of Belgium, is allowed to create a "Medialaan" account, to be able to watch a rerun on vtm.be - although you'll have to understand some French or Flemish.

Teaser of this episode: http://vtm.be/catherine-wordt-kamermeisje (requires flash). I'll give an update if the episode appears on Youtube.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: HH D
For anyone who cares: the full episode of Catherine at Hilton Paris Opera will be available until 6 December 2016 on:
http://vtm.be/video/volledige-afleve...57023167194000
Looks like anyone can login using a Facebook account, don't know if this will work worldwide though.

Most of it is in Dutch, some French is spoken and around the 8th minute last year's terrorist attacks are discussed in English.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:47 pm

FB account doesn't work in the US.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the hotel have a gym? They used to offer free access to a neighboring facility. Does anyone know if they still do?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:30 am

I was there Sept. 2015. They had a small room with little equipment. But after 15months don't remember what machines/equipment exactly. But I doubt that they still would offer access to another facility these days with that small and rather limited in-house-option available to guests.

EDIT: Found this article though, that contains photos:
http://thefittraveller.com/stay/fran...n-paris-opera/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.