Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Understood, and I realize that lots of hotels do have a view, but many do not. Do you every actyally get free upgrades to Eiffel tower view rooms? Aren't those rooms that people normally pay dearly for? I recently stayed at the IC Paris Opera and my top floor room had no view. Are you talking about the other IC?
Yes I do often get those upgrades as RA. The IC Paris Le Grand is a massive hotel so of course not all the rooms face the Eiffel Tower, but many do on the 4th and 5th floor. I see no reason why some of the top floor Hilton rooms wouldn't also have such a view. With IHG Platinum status you can often get one of these great rooms at the HI Notre Dame, even on award stays. Several other HI's too.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
Originally Posted by sbams
But as for ordering a room service steak while you were in Paris: shame on you!
touché!

I'm pretty appalled that they moved you to a room with a worse view after having complained. Sounds like a typically French move.
In her defence, I don't think it was at all intentional - she had simply forgotten about the construction that was going on outside that part of the building, and seemed rather embarrassed when I brought it to her attention. Still, once it had occurred, there was no attempt at any meaningful service recovery on her part.

For this one I could say there is the possibility that the other gentleman asked for an e-standby upgrade.
That is a possibility, but due to the way she brought it up I think perhaps not, it seemed very spur of the moment, something along the lines of "Oh I see here your a diamond, lets see if there are any upgrades available, Yes here we are, I've moved you to an executive king"

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
That's absurd a property would give a suite upgrade to a gold (who isn't even eligible for suite upgrades to begin with) while giving a diamond who is eligible for suite upgrades a lousy room.

I had an awful room at the Paris Hilton. The bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom and no view at all and what really made me mad is they wouldn't let me check in at 2 p.m. The Exec lounge is the worst one I've been to in Europe, I've been to nicer lounges in some North America properties. Not a lot of love for HH Diamonds here. At least I got a good point redemption here, I would never pay the kind of rates they were asking when I stayed there.
Completely agree, the standard rooms are miserable are not even remotely worth the money they're asking for, the Exec is closer to what I would consider an acceptable standard for a base level room at these rates, and given how tight they appear with upgrades, relying on an upgrade to one is a very risky proposition.

Unfortunately, it seems this is one of those properties where they've decided all they need to do is hang the Hilton name above the door and enough people will always be prepared to come and pay a premium to stay here. So how they treat elites, and value for money is of little consequence.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:06 am
Original Member

Here now just leaving after 3 days. Diamond vip and given a junior suite. Very good size and large bathroom but no view (not bothered as we were out when it was light).

Found exec lounge fine. No champagne but food spread good with each day being different. Location also fine.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Does anyone have an email for someone in guest services? I have a special request and want to make sure it will get to someone who will read it.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:20 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by FC flyer
Does anyone have an email for someone in guest services? I have a special request and want to make sure it will get to someone who will read it.
Hi FC flyer,

You're more than welcome to send me a private message and I can make sure it is flagged to the appropriate department for review. Let me know how I can help.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:27 pm

Thank you Lauren. I will send you a private email tomorrow.

Fay
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:34 pm

Recently stayed second time as Gold, upgrades are just one category but nice Deluxe rooms with street view. Rooms well done, and the lobby lounge bar is very special. 2 water bottles, no other benefits.

Full breakfast included in the restaurant, good spread and made to order omelettes. Disappointing coffee, serve yourself machine, quality is not good. Expected better in Paris.

Recommed Lazare behind the hotel in the terminal building for a good meal if want something easily accessible.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Does anyone have any experience with Standard Reward availability at the Opera Hilton? I just got my reward certificate yesterday, but the whole week around the time I want to stay (12-13 March) seems booked out of standard rewards (while there's plenty of availability even for next weekend). How likely is it that the availability comes back by then? I'm relatively new to HHonors, so haven't really monitored reward availability before.

If the availability doesn't return, I might have to book Astor, and that's probably not the best use of the certificate
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta Plat/1 MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Be kind, this is my first post.

I am having the same problem with finding a Standard Reward availability at the Opera Hilton (it should be a superior room for 80K). I was on the phone with the Diamond desk for an hour and half tonight and they had no clue what happened to that rate. But the hotel has no Superior rooms available for 80K from early April 2016 thru Feb 2017 (only Deluxe for appr 120K).

I am also trying to use my reward certificates also, and I can only use that on the 80K rate (superior room). I don't think the hotel is booked up on those reward values, they are just not offering that rate for the rest of the year (how could the hotel be sold out 6, 9 or 11 months from now?). The Diamond desk said the hotel manager can decide that if demand warrants, they can pull those rates, which is what it looks like happened.

Is Sofia L. Vandaele still the General Manager, can anyone steer me to how i can contact her about this?

I specifically got the Hilton Reserve card for the two reward certificates and was looking forward to using these at the Hilton Paris Opera. I am a bit frustrated since that rate is available for most of March, but it is gone after that (again, at least thru Feb 2017).
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by docott
Be kind, this is my first post.

I am having the same problem with finding a Standard Reward availability at the Opera Hilton (it should be a superior room for 80K). I was on the phone with the Diamond desk for an hour and half tonight and they had no clue what happened to that rate. But the hotel has no Superior rooms available for 80K from early April 2016 thru Feb 2017 (only Deluxe for appr 120K).

I am also trying to use my reward certificates also, and I can only use that on the 80K rate (superior room). I don't think the hotel is booked up on those reward values, they are just not offering that rate for the rest of the year (how could the hotel be sold out 6, 9 or 11 months from now?). The Diamond desk said the hotel manager can decide that if demand warrants, they can pull those rates, which is what it looks like happened.
It's not just that they're not offering the 80k rate - it appears that the Superior Room is not available to purchase starting April - either through Hilton itself or other websites.

Sadly, the same case with this one week in March which I need - although this one is probably genuinely sold out.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:05 am

Sofia is still the general manager. Stayed in Feb on a special trip for my sister. The hotel treated her like a queen. Rooms were very pretty, staff unbelievable. I liked the food in the EL. I crave sweets, and the chocolate moose and cream puffs were great. I would stay again in a heartbeat. Location was perfect.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by Tim_T
Here now just leaving after 3 days. Diamond vip and given a junior suite. Very good size and large bathroom but no view (not bothered as we were out when it was light).

Found exec lounge fine. No champagne but food spread good with each day being different. Location also fine.
keeping my fingers crossed for a decent room .. will be spending 9 nights at this property
Old Jul 16, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Guys, if anyone stayed in an Executive room, can you please let me know how spacious they are? I stayed in a Deluxe room, and it was rather small (very small, actually). Not counting upon an upgrade I'd gladly pay for an Executive room but wanted to hear if they are spacious (bigger than the Deluxe rooms) or the higher price is just for the lounge (which I get anyway). The website says that it is a large room, but it also says that Deluxe rooms are spacious...:-)
Thank you!
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Ours was an upgrade from deluxe to executive and it was indeed quite large for not being a suite. Larger than most rooms even in the US. Bathroom was gorgeous. Heated marble floors. It was a corner room so I dunno if that makes a difference.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...de_France.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.