Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Ambassador, Oneworld Sapphire / BA Silver
I'm French, HH Diamond and I live in Paris - not so far from the hotel itself actually ! I had some points to burn and wanted a place to celebrate a special day, so I've booked a night with points (with a hilton offer, so it's not the "most basic room available") and will review it asap to update on the different topics adressed recently in the thread. The hotel knows it's an anniversary + diamond status, so i'm curious to see what they do.. or don't. We're not in a Hilton in Asia for example, so that should be interesting. I will keep you posted !
Zurich and wizla like this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:55 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by manneca
I'm in the lounge right now. I checked in Monday around 1-ish. I was upgraded from Superior to Deluxe for my entire stay (6 nights on points). Staff is terrific. Breakfast is ho hum. I'm eating in the restaurant and then moving to the lounge for coffee after breakfast. As usual, a larger selection in the restaurant. (At 35 euro for breakfast, I'm glad it's free; there's no way I'd pay 35 euro for the IMHO meager selections, but then I'm used to Asian breakfasts where there's SE Asian, Indian, American selections and lots of veggies In the restaurant there are eggs, bacon and/or sausage, tomatoes, beans, cereals, a selection of fruit, cold meat and cheese, croissants and pain au chocolat and another pastry. On Tuesday there was a veggie, but not today. .) The spread in the evening is good. The first night I came down to the lounge at 6 and the hot food was gone. I don't know what the meat was (there were green onions in the dish), but they replaced it with fried cheese. For the last two nights, it's been fish which I need to eat more of. Fish, potatoes, an avocado with turkey breast open face sandwich, two salads, raw veggies and a yoghurt sauce. Cheesecake and a chocolate torte. (Last night it was just chocolate chip cookies). Three wines: red, white, rose. No hard stuff that I can see. I'm a lone female, so not having to go out to dinner is nice, even though I'm a foodie. I like the location. I'm walking places in the morning and taking public transportation back in the afternoon.
How did you end up getting to and from CDG?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I usually just take an Uber from the airport because I'm jetlagged and don't want to deal, and then I take the RER B back at the end of my trip.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
We took the RER. Very easy. But we had carry ons only.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
The Roissybus between CDG and is a very cheap way to get there if you don't mind walking a couple blocks from the Paris opera to the hotel. RER is also a good fast way but you have to transfer trains.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:07 am

Decided to check Uber price vs Taxi when we land and then take the cheapest. Flat rate for taxi is €50 - cost for 2 on the Roissybus is €28 then we need to walk with luggage for about 1/2 mile. I think it’s worth paying extra for private door to door service.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:21 am

Just did online check-in for tomorrow. I had been upgraded from the basic room to Exec Room. When looking at the floor map, the available rooms were all very different in size. I picked by far largest room I saw which has an interior view and should be quiet. I really don't care about the view, I'm not going to sit and stare out the window anyway. Will see what happens at check-in, still going to see if they can manage a suite upgrade. I imagine a number of cancellations due to the general strike and Metro being shut down.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:17 pm

so far i understand there will be huge problems with local transportation and delays at the airports
greetings
cornelis
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Glad I'm on this thread. I'm in london next week and was thinking of doing the Paris day trip one of the days. I'm going to make sure metro isn't still shut down before making the trip.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:58 am

Booked 5 nights on points (standard room rate) arrived at 08:00. After some friendly chat with the 2 at the desk about the current strikes, they found a 2 room Executive suite that was ready. I imagine the room with the bed is what the standard room size is, very small, we then have hall way with a toilet room and then a shower room. At the end is the living room. Good start to the stay. Took 1.5 hours for the driver to get to the hotel with strike that’s going on. The folks at the desk think it’s only to last 2 days btw.
Richmond_Surrey likes this.

Last edited by Tomphot; Dec 6, 2019 at 2:33 am
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: none
Do you think it's possible to book a standard room and request for an upgrade in March?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by hieunha
Do you think it's possible to book a standard room and request for an upgrade in March?
You can always try...
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I would strongly recommend saving your money and not booking an executive room just for lounge access. It's pretty bleak at that hotel. The wine and beer is terrible and the food is weird. But in answer to your question, yes, paying for an exec level room gives you access without status.

(also I've flagged this post to have it moved to the master thread for this hotel where you can see other reviews).
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
k_legaspi - Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:39 am

Assuming you aren't Diamond...so, in order to get Lounge access, you need to be booked into a Lounge level room.

There is nothing wrong with the lounge. And the breakfast is pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.