Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA
I have a stay here in up coming months booked paid Queen rooms, any chance of a possible upgrade?
Old Aug 20, 2023, 6:21 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jacobus
I have a stay here in up coming months booked paid Queen rooms, any chance of a possible upgrade?
Depends on what status level you hold at HHonors. As a Diamond, I was given an incredible room when I checked in; there was no discussion at all. Read all about the perks you are entitled to at your level so you know what you can ask for.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by jsn55
Depends on what status level you hold at HHonors. As a Diamond, I was given an incredible room when I checked in; there was no discussion at all. Read all about the perks you are entitled to at your level so you know what you can ask for.
Perfect I am also a Diamond.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 12:07 pm

No upgrade to 2 diamonds members rooms here when we visited 2 weeks ago despite showing better rooms available. I did get am email preemptively telling me they were very full and likely no upgrade.
Lounge closes at 7pm. Kindly of early IMO. Breakfast is 7a to 11a. Don’t know what else the lounge offers since no one told me during check in and no posted sign at the lounge that I could see.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Depends on your level and your rate and how full they are.

If the hotel is pretty full or you are only a silver probably no way. If you are a diamond and there are lots of suites you have a good shot.

One time I had a really small room but that was what I booked on a free night and the hotel was walking peopel because they were over capacity

When I was ther elast year as a Diamond I received a very nice upgrade to a 2 room mini suite and it was a five night point stay with the fifth night free on points. I was upgraded before arrival and the front desk made a commoent about al lthe Hilton stays I had (not sure if she was talking about Hilton activity in general or just that I had stayed there a few times before and was a returning guest).
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have a one night stay in Paris in Dec and using my Aspire FNC. Arrive early at 6AM at CDG and leave next day by train at 9PM.

First time in Paris. I've booked Hilton Opera but wondering if Canopy is better. My plan is just to walk around the landmarks and get a feel of the city and maybe visit any small Christmas market if they are there. No plans to see museums or shows. Any suggestions if I should keep the booking or switch to Canopy? Early and late checkout will be awesome(Diamond member)
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Acid
I have a one night stay in Paris in Dec and using my Aspire FNC. Arrive early at 6AM at CDG and leave next day by train at 9PM.

First time in Paris. I've booked Hilton Opera but wondering if Canopy is better. My plan is just to walk around the landmarks and get a feel of the city and maybe visit any small Christmas market if they are there. No plans to see museums or shows. Any suggestions if I should keep the booking or switch to Canopy? Early and late checkout will be awesome(Diamond member)
With so little time, stay at the Hilton Opera because of the location. You'll be near the "grand magasins" (big department stores) which should be quite busy and festive before Christmas. You can stroll the Champs Elysees up to the Arc de Triomphe.

The Paris Metro is probably the best in the world for getting you where you need to go, so get a day pass and just bop around wherever you like.
jsn55 and Acid like this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:48 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I was underwhelmed with Hilton Opera but haven't stayed at Canopy yet. I'm Diamond and was not allowed to check in early, it was quite awful waiting around for the room after a 10-hour flight. The French can sometimes be like that. Hilton Opera is in a terrific location tho. And it's perfectly 'fine'.
Acid likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jsn55
I was underwhelmed with Hilton Opera but haven't stayed at Canopy yet. I'm Diamond and was not allowed to check in early, it was quite awful waiting around for the room after a 10-hour flight. The French can sometimes be like that. Hilton Opera is in a terrific location tho. And it's perfectly 'fine'.
Were you allowed to use the lounge/gym early?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:51 am

Requested for a crib and opera is trying to upsell me a junior king room to gurantee a crib. My stay is in 2 weeks. I call BS as they try to make that requirement.

Thoughts?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by FPmiles
Requested for a crib and opera is trying to upsell me a junior king room to gurantee a crib. My stay is in 2 weeks. I call BS as they try to make that requirement.

Thoughts?
I have never stayed there but did read the standard rooms are very small. Not sure if a crib could fit in there. It was for the room size reason I ended up choosing a non-Hilton property when I went.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 10:32 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FPmiles

Thoughts?
Stayed in August of this year. Booked a standard room and gambled.
There were no issues accommodating a crib in the standard room at check-in, but it severely limited the space in the room.

However, they were very difficult to deal with for a Diamond suite upgrade, but I eventually found an agent who got me into a suite later in the day.

Needless to say, YMMV, but I have a successful datapoint of showing up with an infant and getting a crib in a standard room.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by ER-One
Stayed in August of this year. Booked a standard room and gambled.
There were no issues accommodating a crib in the standard room at check-in, but it severely limited the space in the room.

However, they were very difficult to deal with for a Diamond suite upgrade, but I eventually found an agent who got me into a suite later in the day.

Needless to say, YMMV, but I have a successful datapoint of showing up with an infant and getting a crib in a standard room.
How did you convince them to get the upgrade? Will be staying this December. I wonder how busy or booked they are during December
Old Oct 27, 2023, 2:47 pm
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
How did you convince them to get the upgrade? Will be staying this December. I wonder how busy or booked they are during December
TL;DR - You need to be your own advocate at Paris Opera...

​​​​​​​While I have no insight into December, my story was as follows:

On the day of arrival for a 3-night stay, the app was offering a suite available for all three nights. Based on this, I thought I had a chance if I asked nicely.
We arrived early, and the check in rep was courteous and was happy to get us in our standard room early. I then executed my classic "gosh, I think I'm some fancy Diamond member and can get a suite. Do you have any available?" it was met with a "sorry, no suites available".... I didnt want to push the subject, so i waited a few hours and came back to "innocently" speak to another front desk rep.

This time, i got "well, we have one for the first two nights, but not the third". As we were traveling with our little one, i was happy to have a suite for two nights and had no issues moving back, all the while confident that a suite would be available for the third night.
I told the agent that was great and she was a bit taken back that I was going to "inconvenience myself". She let me know that this would require a call to her manager, and asked me if I wanted her to do that. I politely said yes

After the second night, I asked if we were indeed going to need to changed rooms for the third, and this agent said unfortunately yes, but it would be to a different suite.....

I think they try to keep their suites as unoccupied as possible, especially as the rack rate for those nights were ~800EUR each and I was on an award stay......
Old Oct 27, 2023, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
If it'[s the last two weeks of december they'll probably be pretty busy. I was thinking of going to Paris on New Years weekend for five nights and rates were sky high. If it's early December it shouldn't be too bad.

Something that helps also is if you have a lot of nights with Hilton and have earned status as opposed to credit card status. Somehow they can tell how many nights you have with Hilton in a year and they made the comment to me last stay about how many nights I had and also helped I was a repeat guest.

I stay there mainly do to the location. I'd do breakfast in the breakfast room instead of the exec lounge.
Exec lounge is better than any US lounge, but pretty lame for an overseas lounge. They only have a couple kinds of wine at happy hour and no spirits and the appetizers aren't anything to write home about. Plenty of good places to eat at near the hotel.

A place I would really recomend for dinner is =AZVA2H0gE7NbhBw61YG--BN-g7mg8nlrRhNrt5bQLQzN7MLpRORXQGfFwORnOAP6FSCtJn4H_I asNBS5N-5iBGf6XwJbAEj4pFEhOGXjaJMKlNnJfEthu9Fya4522Jh-RDS5fbmUt8br1-lSoqCnSkNTqe_4qDHMSfdCaKuNgfGrjdTO9AMaRaK02aEK9gNg Bvc&__tn__=-]C%2CP-R]Le Dindon En Laisse. It's an easy metro ride from the hotel.
turtlemichael likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.