Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Easiest is just take a Taxi. Not sure what you consider an arm and a leg but its a flat 50 euro.

Not cheap, but not much different than say a taxi from SFO to a hotel in the city. Definitely the most hassle free option.
BlondeBomber and MoodyB like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Accor Silver
@manneca: from Gare du Nord you can also take Bus 43 direction Neuilly-Bagatelle until Gare St Lazare. The stop at Gare du Nord is directly in front of the station, it’s a 20 min trip and the stop is direct at the Hilton. It’s easier then the Metro (no steps), during rush hour maybe it’s crowded and slowly.
From the Roissybus stop at the Opera I would just walk (if it’s not heavy raining) it’s a short way.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by jzafar
Just wondering about how you were told no upgrade available despite availability showing on the app, are you a Diamond?
I asked at check in if there were any upgrades available and they said "no". And I've been Diamond for the past 9 years, attaining the level on stays, nights, and dollars spent every year.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by guiseppe
@manneca: from Gare du Nord you can also take Bus 43 direction Neuilly-Bagatelle until Gare St Lazare. The stop at Gare du Nord is directly in front of the station, it’s a 20 min trip and the stop is direct at the Hilton. It’s easier then the Metro (no steps), during rush hour maybe it’s crowded and slowly.
From the Roissybus stop at the Opera I would just walk (if it’s not heavy raining) it’s a short way.
Thanks! By short way, how short? Google maps says it's a bit less than half a mile. I'm not sure I can manage my luggage that far.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by brentyb
Easiest is just take a Taxi. Not sure what you consider an arm and a leg but its a flat 50 euro.

Not cheap, but not much different than say a taxi from SFO to a hotel in the city. Definitely the most hassle free option.
A flat 50 euro is an arm and a leg. And I always take BART from SFO into the city.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Ugh, I have a stay scheduled at Hilton Opera next month and really hoping for a Diamond update as I will be traveling with family.
I’m finding that Hilton, especially international properties, are becoming very stingy with upgrades for Diamonds.

How was your room? Decent size?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by globetraveler
Ugh, I have a stay scheduled at Hilton Opera next month and really hoping for a Diamond update as I will be traveling with family.
I’m finding that Hilton, especially international properties, are becoming very stingy with upgrades for Diamonds.

I'll be staying in June as a Diamond. Booked a Deluxe room, which will hopefully be upgraded. Please let us know your experience with your upcoming trip!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by globetraveler

as i’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, I wouldn’t get my hopes up for an upgrade of the hotel is even moderately full. I’ve stayed a number of times as a Diamond, and have only been upgraded twice despite the app showing upgraded rooms available (they always tell me that it is an error in the app) and most of my stays being only one night. The two lowest room categories are quite small, while the junior suites can be quite roomy.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I've had a stay there in July of 2018 and in the summer of 16. Both times booked the smallest room. In 16 wasn't upgraded and was on a paid stay. In 2018 I received a very nice upgrade and was surprised since it was the weekend of the world cup and a France holiday and was on an award stay and until just a week earlier only diamond force rooms were available (was really surprised I was able to use two free weekend night certs when rooms opened up).
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by whimsey21

as i’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, I wouldn’t get my hopes up for an upgrade of the hotel is even moderately full.
I agree. This is one of the hotels where I would book the room I want to stay in rather than rely on an elusive upgrade. Superior and Deluxe rooms are not designed for more than 1 person so booking the room one wants is essential here.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any recent experiences with early check-in attempts? Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I arrived last Friday morning around 11am, and we were unable to check in early. We had a Deluxe room, and there were none available at the time. They were happy to keep all our bags in their storage while we went out. When we came back later in the afternoon, the room was ready, and all our bags were waiting in the room for us.

One other point...the front desk agent gave us an executive lounge key (being Diamond), and we could have lounge access even if our room was not ready.
Thunderroad and Adam1222 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I had a one nite stay here about a month ago. My early check in was unsuccessful but they provided me a key for the executive lounge and stored my bags and I went out for a run. When I returned my room still wasn’t ready and I waited in the executive lounge until 430p at which time I was provided an upgraded room. The desk stated that a number of guests had decided to overstay and that a group had overstayed the late checkout that they had been given.

I was happy with the executive lounge and staff. I preferred the breakfast at the Astor restaurant. Internet was fast. The television had a few more English language channels than the Astor although I don’t really understand why that is a important rating criteria.

The next day I walked (10 minutes) from the hotel to Rue Scribe to catch the Roissy Bus to CDG.
Adam1222 and DCJoe1 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:33 am

I'm in the lounge right now. I checked in Monday around 1-ish. I was upgraded from Superior to Deluxe for my entire stay (6 nights on points). Staff is terrific. Breakfast is ho hum. I'm eating in the restaurant and then moving to the lounge for coffee after breakfast. As usual, a larger selection in the restaurant. (At 35 euro for breakfast, I'm glad it's free; there's no way I'd pay 35 euro for the IMHO meager selections, but then I'm used to Asian breakfasts where there's SE Asian, Indian, American selections and lots of veggies In the restaurant there are eggs, bacon and/or sausage, tomatoes, beans, cereals, a selection of fruit, cold meat and cheese, croissants and pain au chocolat and another pastry. On Tuesday there was a veggie, but not today. .) The spread in the evening is good. The first night I came down to the lounge at 6 and the hot food was gone. I don't know what the meat was (there were green onions in the dish), but they replaced it with fried cheese. For the last two nights, it's been fish which I need to eat more of. Fish, potatoes, an avocado with turkey breast open face sandwich, two salads, raw veggies and a yoghurt sauce. Cheesecake and a chocolate torte. (Last night it was just chocolate chip cookies). Three wines: red, white, rose. No hard stuff that I can see. I'm a lone female, so not having to go out to dinner is nice, even though I'm a foodie. I like the location. I'm walking places in the morning and taking public transportation back in the afternoon.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by manneca
I'm a lone female, so not having to go out to dinner is nice, even though I'm a foodie. I like the location. I'm walking places in the morning and taking public transportation back in the afternoon.
My Paris office is in the area, and I commute via Saint Lazare when I stay outside the 9th, if you want some food recs feel free to drop me a PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.