FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:33 am
manneca

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm in the lounge right now. I checked in Monday around 1-ish. I was upgraded from Superior to Deluxe for my entire stay (6 nights on points). Staff is terrific. Breakfast is ho hum. I'm eating in the restaurant and then moving to the lounge for coffee after breakfast. As usual, a larger selection in the restaurant. (At 35 euro for breakfast, I'm glad it's free; there's no way I'd pay 35 euro for the IMHO meager selections, but then I'm used to Asian breakfasts where there's SE Asian, Indian, American selections and lots of veggies In the restaurant there are eggs, bacon and/or sausage, tomatoes, beans, cereals, a selection of fruit, cold meat and cheese, croissants and pain au chocolat and another pastry. On Tuesday there was a veggie, but not today. .) The spread in the evening is good. The first night I came down to the lounge at 6 and the hot food was gone. I don't know what the meat was (there were green onions in the dish), but they replaced it with fried cheese. For the last two nights, it's been fish which I need to eat more of. Fish, potatoes, an avocado with turkey breast open face sandwich, two salads, raw veggies and a yoghurt sauce. Cheesecake and a chocolate torte. (Last night it was just chocolate chip cookies). Three wines: red, white, rose. No hard stuff that I can see. I'm a lone female, so not having to go out to dinner is nice, even though I'm a foodie. I like the location. I'm walking places in the morning and taking public transportation back in the afternoon.