FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:22 am
whimsey21

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by guiseppe
We are at the hotel right now. There’s a big convention and that’s why the Executive lounge was closed during the afternoon.
some rude stuff member told us” it’s closed for you because we have a group here” No apology.
the hole day there’s a film team at the hotel and they work at the same floor where our room is located: a team of 30 people, very noisy, every minute they cry “ action” and someone is running along the corridor with heavy boots.
feels like in a madhouse. Front desk refuse to let us change the room “ because we are complet” showing the iphone app with the possibility to reserve at least 5 different room categories doesn’t help, at this moment they don’t understand .
I don't think you're going to have any luck trying to get them to give you a room change. I had an issue with my assigned room last year (I emailed a manager several days in advance to ask for a quiet room away from the elevators, and was assigned a noisy room right next to the elevators) and they told me they were completely full. I also showed that the app showed many different room types for sale, and was told it must be a problem with the app, which they would "report to the GM." I went back a few days later, they also said they were full and - no surprise, plenty of room types for sale online. If I were you, I'd ask them to move you to another property since the film team is ruining your stay and the lounge is closed with no warning. My plan in the future is to stay at one of the Marriotts during busy times so I don't run into issues with a bad room and no recourse at the Hilton (this despite being HH Diamond and only Marriott Gold)