Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Hilton Lima Miraflores
Ave. La Paz 1099, Miraflores, Lima, 18, Peru
TEL: 51-1-200-8000
HHonors Category 6

Hotel is designated as totally nonsmoking, and is close to both Miraflores and Barranco, as well as the Larcomar area and shopping mall. About 40 minutes to LIM / Jorge Chavez International Airport if there are no traffic jams, the coastal road is often a more traffic-light approach. Near Paseo de la República and cross streets are between Calle 28 de Julio and Calle Manco Capac.

Head Concierge is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. You can e-mail Juan Rolando sing the usual Hiltin e-mail protocols.

Executive Lounge on floor 11 with extended hours, two computer / Internet stations, free WiFi and concierge services, cappuccino / espresso machine. The lobby floor concierges are the best equipped to help you.
  • Breakfast: 6:30-11:00
  • Light lunch: 12:00 - 3:00 pm
  • Afternoon snacks: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
  • Light dinner: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Open bar: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Closing: 10:00 pm
Diamonds have lounge access. Diamonds generally must take breakfast in the lounge; restaurant breakfast is extra unless your rate includes breakfast (award stays do not, even for Diamonds - it's a decent, not stellar, lounge breakfast.

Also on the 11th floor are a horizon pool and two Jacuzzi spas, fitness room.

Rooms equipped with 37" HD televisions behind a black glass wall section and contemporary, stylish furnishings.

Though the property is reasonably soundproof, many Limeños tend to use their horn / hooter to communicate. The lower the floor, the more you'll hear horns, sirens, etc. (10th floor seems to be the highest for rooms).

Facilities include 24 hour room service, a lobby bar (11:00 am -12 midnight) and a restaurant open 6:30 am - 11:00 pm every day.

ATM / cash machine in lobby, small fee for use (~ S/ 14 or so).

Be aware: Room rates incur (28%) taxes, service charges, gratuities or incidental charges. Other restrictions apply.

Complimentary "Premium" WiFi for Diamonds is not very premium. WiFi July 2015 stay: OOkla ping 6 ms, 1.85 mbps down, 2.87 Mbps up, Telefónica de Perú. I also experienced unpredictable brief periods of signal strength loss and dropouts in our 5th floor suite near the lifts / elevators; better WiFi in Executive Lounge and Lobby / bar area.

Transport to / from airport: The property can arrange a "Remisse" (chauffeured car) transfer to the hotel 24/7 from the CMV Remisse counter in arrivals at LIM - CMV Taxi Remisse Ejecutivo" (CMV charges the same USD $50 price - Mercedes 200 se car with suited chauffeur) from Domestic and International arrivals, local phones 517-1891 / 517-1892. Green Taxi (reported below) for PEN s/ 50.00 (because "no hay cambio" - there is no change - for a fifty sol bill, otherwise it's 45 ).

DINING plenty of nearby restaurants, even in the same building. Most lunch restaurants open at 12:30, some do not accept reservations. Peruvians usually fill popular places after 1:00 pm, and the restaurants may remain busy 'til 3:00 pm; show up close to 12:30 so you don't have to wait. Usually Chilean and Argentine wines are on offer.

Within the hotel:

Social Restaurant and Bar, upscale, popular at lunch with local businessmen - Lunch always offers a businessman's special on weekdays; the "Almuerzo Ejecutivo" is PEN or /S 49 for two courses with ~6 selections for each, PEN 59 if you add dessert. Open 0630 - 0100 daily, dining room and terrace.

Social Restaurant & Bar features an array of distinctive Peruvian-American fusion flavors, and provides you the opportunity to taste the acclaimed Peruvian national cocktail: Pisco Sour. After a delicious meal, unwind with a refreshing beverage at the bar, which opens onto a terrace at street level, filling the space with natural light and creating a pleasant alfresco atmosphere. The restaurant offers a new concept of four integrated atmospheres, including the dining area, terrace area, bar area, and private dining area.
Lobby Café, 0630 - 2300 daily.

Beyond:

(down Lá Paz toward 28 de Julio, out door to right, in order)

Social (hotel restaurant, terrace)

Amaz (Amazon basin cuisine, unique in Lima)

Papachos: (upscale burgers with fusion influences)

Ache: (Japanese and Japan-Peruvian fusion)

Los Cachiche: (Italian and Italo-Peruvian fusion)

to left out hotel door, ~two blocks:

Fiesta: Northern Peruvian cuisine, e.g. Goat stew, northern ceviche version, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 10:10 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I stayed here this last weekend for a day and half (due to the flight times they have a half day plan for 10pm checkout) and the staff and hotel were great. Since lounge was closed I got a free appetizer and drink chit in the bar.

We did not have to pay the local Peru tax; they ran our passports in a system that shows entry into Peru and you avoid the tax (YMMV of course but that is how they did it for us at every hotel in Peru).
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Deleted
bitterproffit and DCAhome like this.

Last edited by tobegold; Mar 19, 2022 at 5:22 pm Reason: Meant for doubletree
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Hilton Lima Miraflores = Strong Hotel in All Regards

Hilton Lima Miraflores

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton Lima Miraflores

Avenida La Paz 1099 Miraflores Lima, PE 18

Hilton Lima Miraflores = Strong Hotel in All Regards (31 Photos)

Hilton Lima Miraflores

I have probably stayed at more than 50 different Hilton hotels (the specific Hilton brand, not various brands within the Hilton chain) and out of all of them I would rank Hilton Lima Miraflores near the top if not the absolute #1 of those I stayed, including some nice Hiltons in Asia.  Based on my stay I thought Hilton Lima was between good and great in pretty much all regards, from the quality of the room itself, the service, the food, and the lounge.  

Check In

We arrived at 7:30am for early check-in which was somewhat pushing the envelope.  I was offered an executive room right away or an upgrade to a suite as Hilton Diamond one hour later.  A one-hour wait was not that bad and we were offered to go to the lounge for breakfast while housekeeping was preparing the room which was a good gesture.  

Room

I thought the suite upgrade would be for a junior suite but to our surprise it was the more spacious one-bedroom suite which we were very pleased about.  The build quality of the suite was excellent – I saw no signs of cost cutting for example some hotels nowadays have cheap furniture or thin doors, but Hilton had very nice hardware all around.  The recessed lighting also gave a modern look to the room which was a plus.  I would also note that there were two very good desk chairs for back support, unlike most hotels which tend to have uncomfortable chairs.

1_IMG_5691.jpeg2_IMG_5692.jpegIMG_5693.jpegIMG_5694.jpeg1_IMG_5695.jpeg1_IMG_5696.jpegIMG_5697.jpeg

Service

The service during our stay was universally good, from front desk to the various attendants in the lounge and staff in the restaurant for breakfast as well.  All of them were proactive to try to anticipate our needs and often offered little extras such as French toast given to us for takeaway when we were full and did not want to eat anymore, or the Chilcano de Pisco during happy hour in the lounge.  Housekeeping was done exactly at the time we requested every morning without exception.  There are other nice attentions here and there for example staff gave balloons to our daughter during breakfast and crayons in the room as well.  

IMG_5708.jpeg

Dining

The problem with many lounges recently is that they are overly crowded and therefore so unpleasant that I don’t even want to go, no matter how good the appetizers or drinks are.  At Hilton Lima it was the complete opposite: every time we went to the lounge either for breakfast or happy hour it was very quiet, sometimes we were all alone and sometimes there were 2-6 other guests but rarely more.  

1_IMG_5687.jpeg1_IMG_5688.jpegIMG_5689.jpeg1_IMG_5690.jpeg

The food quality of the appetizers during happy hour was quite good, for the most part it was not junky fried stuff, many days they had a fish dish, chicken, or octopus for example.  If there was a single area where the hotel would not score highly it would be drinks in the lounge – they had wine, beer, and pisco.  However as mentioned above they prepared me a special local cocktail on some days, but nonetheless the best lounges have a broader array of liquor and cocktails.  Timing of happy hour was generous 17:00-20:30 which can meet the needs of people who like to go early or late so they were flexible.

IMG_5698.jpegIMG_5699.jpegIMG_5701.jpegIMG_5702.jpeg1_IMG_5720.jpegIMG_5721.jpeg1_IMG_5722.jpeg1_IMG_5768.jpeg

As Diamond we could have breakfast either in the lounge or in the restaurant.  Breakfast in the lounge was reasonably nice to begin with and they had a rotation of food every morning for a quiet time.  The restaurant was a bit busier and there was no buffet at all, the menu was entirely a la carte with many interesting choices.  Such an a la carte menu would be more common at some luxury hotels such as a Conrad or a Waldorf Astoria so for a Hilton brand hotel it was impressive. 

1_IMG_5683.jpegIMG_5684.jpegIMG_5686.jpegIMG_5704.jpegIMG_5706.jpeg1_IMG_5707.jpeg1_IMG_5725.jpegIMG_5778.jpeg1_IMG_5825.jpeg1_IMG_5826.jpeg1_IMG_5827.jpeg

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speed of 50-70 Mbps.

Overall

Overall Hilton Lima does not have many weaknesses if at all, so I would return without second thoughts and I can highly recommend it to anybody, whether Hilton Diamond or not.  I wonder what is missing for this property to be upgraded from a Hilton to a Conrad.  In fact I believe it might be closer to a Conrad than a Hilton in my opinion.

Hilton Lima Miraflores = Strong Hotel in All Regards

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Lima Miraflores?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Great report, with very nice pictures!
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Glad to see they have the lounge back open. I'm planning on going back to Lima in March. I love the breakfast as well and the pool is great
Old May 29, 2023, 8:09 pm

Any recent stays? Heading there next month and curious about this location vs. AC by Marriott or Courtyard? Never been to Lima before and would love to be in walking distance to things in and around Miraflores if possible. Thanks!
Old May 30, 2023, 8:46 pm

Of the options you mention, I would definitely go with the Hilton. All 3 are within about 10 minutes walking distance of each other, all fairly central in Miraflores. The Courtyard is good, and the staff are super friendly, but definitely a more budget option without the Executive Floor frills you get at the Hilton. Also, while the ground floor of the Hilton building hosts a row of nice restaurants, the Courtyard is on a more utilitarian block close to public transportation bus stops, etc. The location of the AC is good, about a block from the Malecon and Parque de Amor, but if you really want a deluxe Marriott option you would be better off with the JW Marriott a few blocks away and across from the Larcomar shopping center.
Old May 30, 2023, 9:51 pm

Hilton is a 5 minute walk to Maido. Nuff said.
abaheti likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:35 pm

Thank you both! We are leaning towards the Hilton or AC ... AC gets rave reviews somehow! I'm a Hilton Diamond so could potentially get better treatment/room/amenities there vs. AC where I only have Gold status...
Old Jun 1, 2023, 4:48 pm

Programs: Plat Delta, DIA Hilton
Stayed at the Hilton Nov 2023. Nice and helpful staff. If you are Diamond, breakfast is better in restaurant on first floor, than breakfast in Exec lounge. Hilton location is more quiet than the other hotels mentioned
abaheti likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by madderlake
Thank you both! We are leaning towards the Hilton or AC ... AC gets rave reviews somehow! I'm a Hilton Diamond so could potentially get better treatment/room/amenities there vs. AC where I only have Gold status...
What did you decide and how was it? We are Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold so leaning Hilton for a stay this fall. Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 1:25 am

We ended up changing plans completely and going to Eastern Europe instead! But planning to rebook the Lima tickets possibly next month so will report back....
Old Jul 9, 2023, 10:29 am

Thanks madderlake

Anyone with recent advice on airport transfer? We land in the afternoon and would rather just spring for a private driver to get us to the hotel with the least pain and avoid haggling over it at the airport.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:17 am

Anothe thread I found taxidatum and they are great.

Hotel update.... Wow, service is over the top. At check in manager pointed out two Connie awards and that they want a third. They are very proud of the hotel. At check in gave us 4pm checkout without hassle. Executive room, not sure what that means. Nice full desk facing window. Walk in shower. Comfortable and plenty of room. Kind of American size normal room, not massive, no suite upgrade. No clue what normal room looks like.

Lounge great. You could eat a light dinner. Always salad, cheese, sweets, savory pastries, nuts, soup. Breakfast is a good spread and they will bring you eggs and browns to order. Cocktails limited to beer wine and pisco sours (made to order) of various varieties. AM vegetarian and they offered every day to make me something custom. And they told each other so every lounge person seemed to know when I walked in to show me which items were veg friendly. Open all day for waters, sodas, coffee, and cookies. Great views. Perk for work is you can book for free use of a conf room in the exec lounge if you are having a meeting.

Gym new equipment and spotless. Water provided. Pool great views, a bit chilly for us in November.

Restaurant decent, not great. Limited in some odd ways, but decent. Open late. They don't have much veg food but did make custom mods easily. There is a highly theme specials menu (Creole, Italian, etc.) And a bar menu different from regular but you can get both at tables. We ate and were happy enough. Service outstanding.

Diamond cookies as gift. And celebrating wedding anniversary we cant seem to escape treats. Restaurant brought cookies, manager sent up chocolate dipped berries, we are afraid to answer the door.

Concierge over the top. Went above and beyond. And when going off shift told next person about us and pending items, including veg and anniversary, so Restaurants were all aware. Got us into Central last minute. Also very knowledgeable about town, options, massages, you name it. At night, the second one called his colleague at home to firm something up for us. Jorge and Roberto.

Luis works behind scenes on phones maybe usually but filled in here and there and in lounge. Also made a point of approaching us and offering amazing service and veg food options.

ATM charge roughly ten USD fee, but you can get 700 PEN out, the bank around corner only 400 PEN. Safe area, we walked without fear until 9pm. Ubers easy, within a few minutes.

We regret not booking our entire trip at this property. Great way to be introduced to Lima for the first time.

saaveraward likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 10:16 am

Will be back there soon. Happy it's still maintaining a great standard!
abaheti likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.