Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Hilton Lima Miraflores
Ave. La Paz 1099, Miraflores, Lima, 18, Peru
TEL: 51-1-200-8000
HHonors Category 6

Hotel is designated as totally nonsmoking, and is close to both Miraflores and Barranco, as well as the Larcomar area and shopping mall. About 40 minutes to LIM / Jorge Chavez International Airport if there are no traffic jams, the coastal road is often a more traffic-light approach. Near Paseo de la República and cross streets are between Calle 28 de Julio and Calle Manco Capac.

Head Concierge is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. You can e-mail Juan Rolando sing the usual Hiltin e-mail protocols.

Executive Lounge on floor 11 with extended hours, two computer / Internet stations, free WiFi and concierge services, cappuccino / espresso machine. The lobby floor concierges are the best equipped to help you.
  • Breakfast: 6:30-11:00
  • Light lunch: 12:00 - 3:00 pm
  • Afternoon snacks: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
  • Light dinner: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Open bar: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Closing: 10:00 pm
Diamonds have lounge access. Diamonds generally must take breakfast in the lounge; restaurant breakfast is extra unless your rate includes breakfast (award stays do not, even for Diamonds - it's a decent, not stellar, lounge breakfast.

Also on the 11th floor are a horizon pool and two Jacuzzi spas, fitness room.

Rooms equipped with 37" HD televisions behind a black glass wall section and contemporary, stylish furnishings.

Though the property is reasonably soundproof, many Limeńos tend to use their horn / hooter to communicate. The lower the floor, the more you'll hear horns, sirens, etc. (10th floor seems to be the highest for rooms).

Facilities include 24 hour room service, a lobby bar (11:00 am -12 midnight) and a restaurant open 6:30 am - 11:00 pm every day.

ATM / cash machine in lobby, small fee for use (~ S/ 14 or so).

Be aware: Room rates incur (28%) taxes, service charges, gratuities or incidental charges. Other restrictions apply.

Complimentary "Premium" WiFi for Diamonds is not very premium. WiFi July 2015 stay: OOkla ping 6 ms, 1.85 mbps down, 2.87 Mbps up, Telefónica de Perú. I also experienced unpredictable brief periods of signal strength loss and dropouts in our 5th floor suite near the lifts / elevators; better WiFi in Executive Lounge and Lobby / bar area.

Transport to / from airport: The property can arrange a "Remisse" (chauffeured car) transfer to the hotel 24/7 from the CMV Remisse counter in arrivals at LIM - CMV Taxi Remisse Ejecutivo" (CMV charges the same USD $50 price - Mercedes 200 se car with suited chauffeur) from Domestic and International arrivals, local phones 517-1891 / 517-1892. Green Taxi (reported below) for PEN s/ 50.00 (because "no hay cambio" - there is no change - for a fifty sol bill, otherwise it's 45 ).

DINING plenty of nearby restaurants, even in the same building. Most lunch restaurants open at 12:30, some do not accept reservations. Peruvians usually fill popular places after 1:00 pm, and the restaurants may remain busy 'til 3:00 pm; show up close to 12:30 so you don't have to wait. Usually Chilean and Argentine wines are on offer.

Within the hotel:

Social Restaurant and Bar, upscale, popular at lunch with local businessmen - Lunch always offers a businessman's special on weekdays; the "Almuerzo Ejecutivo" is PEN or /S 49 for two courses with ~6 selections for each, PEN 59 if you add dessert. Open 0630 - 0100 daily, dining room and terrace.

Social Restaurant & Bar features an array of distinctive Peruvian-American fusion flavors, and provides you the opportunity to taste the acclaimed Peruvian national cocktail: Pisco Sour. After a delicious meal, unwind with a refreshing beverage at the bar, which opens onto a terrace at street level, filling the space with natural light and creating a pleasant alfresco atmosphere. The restaurant offers a new concept of four integrated atmospheres, including the dining area, terrace area, bar area, and private dining area.
Lobby Café, 0630 - 2300 daily.

Beyond:

(down Lá Paz toward 28 de Julio, out door to right, in order)

Social (hotel restaurant, terrace)

Amaz (Amazon basin cuisine, unique in Lima)

Papachos: (upscale burgers with fusion influences)

Ache: (Japanese and Japan-Peruvian fusion)

Los Cachiche: (Italian and Italo-Peruvian fusion)

to left out hotel door, ~two blocks:

Fiesta: Northern Peruvian cuisine, e.g. Goat stew, northern ceviche version, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I'm back there next month, first visit since Covid. Sad to hear the onlty spirit they have is pisco now at happy hour, but I like Pisco sours.

Hoping they still do the cart at breakfast and have special diamond menu.

For anyone that has an amex platinum and will be there before 2/15 with a stay that will be at least $750, there is an offer on the amex site (wasn't on the Hilton card, just the platinum) that if you spend $750 you get $150 back on Hiltons in Latin America, Mexico and the Carribean and all the Lima properties were on the list of included properties
abaheti likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
the offer you mentioned wasn't on our cards

Last edited by abaheti; Nov 8, 2023 at 8:04 pm
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by abaheti
the offer you mentioned wasn't on our cards
The only one of my AmEx it was on was the Platinum. Wish it would have been on my Hilto AmEx.

There's people saying they received the apple pay and Uber offers on the AmEx formum and I didn't receive them. Not sure how AmEx decides who to give what offers to?
abaheti likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have my first stay post covid this week. Forgot to convert currency with my bank and it's too late to get it in time and don't want to mess around with the airport currency exchange high fees

Is Green Taxi still the best transportation to get to the hotel from the airport and do they accept credit cards? I always paid in cash in the past. I'm planning on using the ATM at the hotel since my bank doesn't charge ATM fees but if I need it for the car, I'll try to find an ATM at the airport.

j
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Have my first stay post covid this week. Forgot to convert currency with my bank and it's too late to get it in time and don't want to mess around with the airport currency exchange high fees

Is Green Taxi still the best transportation to get to the hotel from the airport and do they accept credit cards? I always paid in cash in the past. I'm planning on using the ATM at the hotel since my bank doesn't charge ATM fees but if I need it for the car, I'll try to find an ATM at the airport.

j
hotel will book a car for USD $40 and put it on your room if that helps. Can get a small amount for a tip from the airport ATM without getting dinged too badly.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:36 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black

j
you pay the green taxi at a booth before leaving the secure area after customs. they accept credit card and they have a flat fee depending on the destination area.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold

j
We used taxidatum and it was great and less than half the cost. Book in advance, hand the guy cash, easy.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We're excited to be returning here next week for a multi-night stay for the first time since 2018. This remains one of our very favorite Hiltons after three stays, and six years later I'm happy to see the continuing positive comments here and elsewhere.

I'd welcome any feedback about recent stays and we'll add anything we think might be useful to others.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:21 am

Hotel is still great. Stayed for a week in December. Upgraded to a suite. Downstairs breakfast excellent. Lounge staff (although seems to be food cutbacks) excellent. As good as my previous stay.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredd
We're excited to be returning here next week for a multi-night stay for the first time since 2018. This remains one of our very favorite Hiltons after three stays, and six years later I'm happy to see the continuing positive comments here and elsewhere.

I'd welcome any feedback about recent stays and we'll add anything we think might be useful to others.
Had my first stay post Covid in December.

I've stayed there at least three other times before, and even with the cutbacks, it's still one of my favorite Hiltons.

I had an AmEx offer for Latin America hotels, and this property qualified, so I saved some money on that.

I had a medical emergency two days before my stay was to end (lost my eye sight in one eye and called my neighbor who is a doctor and he told me to get on the next flight home, turned out to be a detached retina), and I explained the situation to the front desk and the manager agreed to let me out of the remaining nights. I was on an 11 pm.flight, and had no issue paying for the room that night since I wanted use of it that day, and they gave me an 8 p.m. checkout which I thought was generous and also offered to try to find me a doctor. Great service.

Had a nice upgrade and love the rooftop pool and breakfast outside. A couple cutbacks though. They use to have lunch and a lot more food at dinner time and they no longer have lunch (not a big deal since there are so many good places to eat at in Lima). They have really cut back on the alcohol selection at happy hour and only had wine and a couple beers but the staff will get you a free pisco sour from the bar next door,hich is my go to drink in Lima. The breakfast is still really good, but they don't have the Dim Sum type cart they use to bring around. They do have a bread basket with assorted breads though.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:20 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Thank you both. For some reason I’m unable to “like” the comments.

we arrived late last night and were upgraded to a corner junior suite, a very good start.👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.