Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Hilton Lima Miraflores
Ave. La Paz 1099, Miraflores, Lima, 18, Peru
TEL: 51-1-200-8000
HHonors Category 6

Hotel is designated as totally nonsmoking, and is close to both Miraflores and Barranco, as well as the Larcomar area and shopping mall. About 40 minutes to LIM / Jorge Chavez International Airport if there are no traffic jams, the coastal road is often a more traffic-light approach. Near Paseo de la República and cross streets are between Calle 28 de Julio and Calle Manco Capac.

Head Concierge is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. You can e-mail Juan Rolando sing the usual Hiltin e-mail protocols.

Executive Lounge on floor 11 with extended hours, two computer / Internet stations, free WiFi and concierge services, cappuccino / espresso machine. The lobby floor concierges are the best equipped to help you.
  • Breakfast: 6:30-11:00
  • Light lunch: 12:00 - 3:00 pm
  • Afternoon snacks: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
  • Light dinner: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Open bar: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Closing: 10:00 pm
Diamonds have lounge access. Diamonds generally must take breakfast in the lounge; restaurant breakfast is extra unless your rate includes breakfast (award stays do not, even for Diamonds - it's a decent, not stellar, lounge breakfast.

Also on the 11th floor are a horizon pool and two Jacuzzi spas, fitness room.

Rooms equipped with 37" HD televisions behind a black glass wall section and contemporary, stylish furnishings.

Though the property is reasonably soundproof, many Limeños tend to use their horn / hooter to communicate. The lower the floor, the more you'll hear horns, sirens, etc. (10th floor seems to be the highest for rooms).

Facilities include 24 hour room service, a lobby bar (11:00 am -12 midnight) and a restaurant open 6:30 am - 11:00 pm every day.

ATM / cash machine in lobby, small fee for use (~ S/ 14 or so).

Be aware: Room rates incur (28%) taxes, service charges, gratuities or incidental charges. Other restrictions apply.

Complimentary "Premium" WiFi for Diamonds is not very premium. WiFi July 2015 stay: OOkla ping 6 ms, 1.85 mbps down, 2.87 Mbps up, Telefónica de Perú. I also experienced unpredictable brief periods of signal strength loss and dropouts in our 5th floor suite near the lifts / elevators; better WiFi in Executive Lounge and Lobby / bar area.

Transport to / from airport: The property can arrange a "Remisse" (chauffeured car) transfer to the hotel 24/7 from the CMV Remisse counter in arrivals at LIM - CMV Taxi Remisse Ejecutivo" (CMV charges the same USD $50 price - Mercedes 200 se car with suited chauffeur) from Domestic and International arrivals, local phones 517-1891 / 517-1892. Green Taxi (reported below) for PEN s/ 50.00 (because "no hay cambio" - there is no change - for a fifty sol bill, otherwise it's 45 ).

DINING plenty of nearby restaurants, even in the same building. Most lunch restaurants open at 12:30, some do not accept reservations. Peruvians usually fill popular places after 1:00 pm, and the restaurants may remain busy 'til 3:00 pm; show up close to 12:30 so you don't have to wait. Usually Chilean and Argentine wines are on offer.

Within the hotel:

Social Restaurant and Bar, upscale, popular at lunch with local businessmen - Lunch always offers a businessman's special on weekdays; the "Almuerzo Ejecutivo" is PEN or /S 49 for two courses with ~6 selections for each, PEN 59 if you add dessert. Open 0630 - 0100 daily, dining room and terrace.

Social Restaurant & Bar features an array of distinctive Peruvian-American fusion flavors, and provides you the opportunity to taste the acclaimed Peruvian national cocktail: Pisco Sour. After a delicious meal, unwind with a refreshing beverage at the bar, which opens onto a terrace at street level, filling the space with natural light and creating a pleasant alfresco atmosphere. The restaurant offers a new concept of four integrated atmospheres, including the dining area, terrace area, bar area, and private dining area.
Lobby Café, 0630 - 2300 daily.

Beyond:

(down Lá Paz toward 28 de Julio, out door to right, in order)

Social (hotel restaurant, terrace)

Amaz (Amazon basin cuisine, unique in Lima)

Papachos: (upscale burgers with fusion influences)

Ache: (Japanese and Japan-Peruvian fusion)

Los Cachiche: (Italian and Italo-Peruvian fusion)

to left out hotel door, ~two blocks:

Fiesta: Northern Peruvian cuisine, e.g. Goat stew, northern ceviche version, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Just completed a stay here and was very impressed. If all Hiltons treated their diamonds this good I'd stay exclusively at Hiltons.

No suite but received a nice exec upgrade. Very large room. Two huge bottles of bottled water replenished every day. Room was really quiet.

Love the lounge. The welcome letter said there was a light lunch and lite dinner but wasn't there at lunch time. Was there late afternoon first day and there was a nice selection of finger sandwiches, etc. At night they had a few hot food choices as well as an appetizer that was plated and plated salads. Cloth linens on the table. Open bar from 6 to 9 with good variety of spirits and the staff offers to make your cocktails. I had a drink with pisco the first night (can't remember what it was called, the attendant said they didn't have the items to make sours but made me a drink with ginger ale and pisco and something else that was amazing) and tonight I had a screwdriver and they had Sky or Absolut for the choice of vodka and the OJ tasted fresh squeezed.

Diamonds can take breakfast in the restaraunt as well. I did it in the lounge first morning since I was running short on time and wish I would have gotten up earlier because the restaraunt breakfast I had was amazing. They have a juice menu where you can choose your combination of fresh squeezed juices and I chose orange/melon that was really good. A large of selection of items to chose from on the menu and I chose an Eggs Benedict dish that had a peruvian sauce on it that was awesome. While waiting on my entree a server came around with a cart that had items such as pastries on and was told to help myself. The entree was huge enough I didn't need anything else. I don't think service is included because they give you a chit to sign with a place to add service that you can charge to the room.

I did green taxi from the Airport and it was 60 sols. Returning I did uber and it was only only 50. Funny thing was the uber ended up being a regular taxi LOL. I guess taxi drivers own their own cabs in LIMA and are moonlighting for uber.

Definitely stay here if you are in Lima

Last edited by jamesteroh; Dec 12, 2016 at 11:11 pm
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is payment at this hotel settled in local currency or is it possible to pay in USD (without dynamic currency conversion)?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by danger
Is payment at this hotel settled in local currency or is it possible to pay in USD (without dynamic currency conversion)?
When I stayed there in December it was done in US automatically I'd prefer hotels charge me in local currency since my credit card has no FTF and the conversion at most international places is a higher rate than what Citi or Chase charges.

When I booked the room it was also shown in US rates instead of SOLs and IIRC it didn't give me the option to have the rate shows in SOLs.

Was still a great stay though. Was treated great as a diamond and the breakfast was good and so was the food in the lounge during the day. If you are going to be spending most of your time around the hotel you can probably get by with eating only one meal out and eating in the lounge the rest of the time.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
When I stayed there in December it was done in US automatically I'd prefer hotels charge me in local currency since my credit card has no FTF and the conversion at most international places is a higher rate than what Citi or Chase charges.

When I booked the room it was also shown in US rates instead of SOLs and IIRC it didn't give me the option to have the rate shows in SOLs.

Was still a great stay though. Was treated great as a diamond and the breakfast was good and so was the food in the lounge during the day. If you are going to be spending most of your time around the hotel you can probably get by with eating only one meal out and eating in the lounge the rest of the time.
Thanks for that. Yes, I saw your glowing review above and it was partly because of that I've chosen to spend three of my four Lima nights there.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Here in the lounge on a one night paid stay as a diamond.

Booked lowest rate room and was upgraded to a corner junior suite. Room is big and nice with windows across two walls. Quick and nice checkin. They brought up some very good sweets to the room at 5pm.

Lounge is still excellent. Afternoon tea was very nice with tarts and chocolate covered strawberries. Tonight there is indeed a 'light dinner' with 3-4 not bad hot things. Nice little desserts. All the spirits as well as a mixed drink of the night. A good local beer also. The lounge staff are really attentive.

Didn't try the rooftop bar because there was a private party. The rooftop hot tubs and infinity pool are something.

After the traffic jams to get here, it is like an oasis.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
My final bill was in SOLs.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
My final bill was in SOLs.
just had a stay here last month and even though the reservation was in SOLs authorization and charges to the credit card were done in USD.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I think the credit card charge has to be done in USD in order qualify for the VAT excemption of foreign visitors. Same as in Chile, but different from Colombia.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:45 pm

The credit card slip that I signed was for around 500 SOLs.

I don't know if I paid VAT or not.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

10% service fee for gratuities at Hilton Lima Milaflores

I stayed at this Hilton before on Lima visits and really like the property and great treatment to diamonds I have a trip next month in Lima and when I went to book the reservation it said there is a 10 percent service charge on all reservations. It didn't explain what it was for and I thought maybe it was a resort fee but thought it was odd it was 10 percent on all reservations instead of a flat dollar amount per night.

I called the diamond desk to see what was up with that and they put me on hold to call the hotel The rep came back and said she was going to let me speak to the hotel and transferred me to the hotel direct.

He said it was a charge for gratuities and was split among the entire staff.

Why on earth is this being charged at a flat 10 percent? Or even at all? While I've always had great service here why should I be expected to tip if the service isn't good and when I take breakfast in the restaurant I am always given a chit to sign if I want to add a tip.

I consider myself a generous tipper but 10 percent of the room charge is absurd. And someone that is paying a $200 night room charge is going to be getting the same service as someone that is paying a $100 a night fee but they are paying double the fee?

I hope this isn't another charge that Hiltons across the portfolio start adding.
notquiteaff and hugolover like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked a room for next month. They are now charging a 10% service fee. I thought maybe it was a resort fee but when I called the diamond desk they connected me to the hotel and I was told it was for gratuities and was split among the staff.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Thumbs down Time to Find a New Hotel...

I completely agree with you, jamesteroh. A 10% mandatory "tip" at a hotel is ridiculous, especially if the service you receive is horrible. In my experience, service tends to be less attentive at locations with mandatory tips, as workers figure, "Heck, why do more than the minimum...I get the same tip anyway!" This is especially egregious at buffets and in this example, where I'd likely not leave the maids a $20 daily tip (on a $200/night room rate). I can only envision service eroding over time at this property. I am by no means a cheapskate, and I tip quite well commensurate with good service, but I believe mandatory gratuities only encourage mediocrity. My suggestion is to find another hotel that suits your needs. It's a shame that you're traveling in March, as the Hyatt Centric San Isidro Lima opens for reservations starting April 1. If you wouldn't mind being a Flyer Talk guinea pig, I'd ask you to go try it out and let us know how the Hyatt Centric compares to the Hilton :-)
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I completely agree. I leave tips for the maids ($3-5 per night) and in restaurants (15-20%). You'd have to do a horrible job for me to not tip. But I don't tip the front desk or other staff that traditionally is working a salaried non-tipped job. So now, taking your example, I am supposed to pay $20 on a $200 room rate? No way.

Unless it was clear that they also reduced their room rates by 10% or there there was a reason that made alternative hotels unsuitable, I would book elsewhere and send a copy of the final bill to the general manager of the Hilton, with a note explaining why they lost that revenue.
Hotel Points Guy likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Is this the same fee which you are referring to which, as an example, all hotels in Thailand have? When you book a hotel there you will always see 10% service and 11% Tax as an example.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hotel Points Guy
I completely agree with you, jamesteroh. A 10% mandatory "tip" at a hotel is ridiculous, especially if the service you receive is horrible. In my experience, service tends to be less attentive at locations with mandatory tips, as workers figure, "Heck, why do more than the minimum...I get the same tip anyway!" This is especially egregious at buffets and in this example, where I'd likely not leave the maids a $20 daily tip (on a $200/night room rate). I can only envision service eroding over time at this property. I am by no means a cheapskate, and I tip quite well commensurate with good service, but I believe mandatory gratuities only encourage mediocrity. My suggestion is to find another hotel that suits your needs. It's a shame that you're traveling in March, as the Hyatt Centric San Isidro Lima opens for reservations starting April 1. If you wouldn't mind being a Flyer Talk guinea pig, I'd ask you to go try it out and let us know how the Hyatt Centric compares to the Hilton :-)
Is the new Hyatt going to be near Mireflores?

Problem is until the Centric opens up in Lima, there are no Hyatts and only a couple Hiltons so unless I want to stay at another chain where I don't have status I really don't have a choice. And I like this hotel, I get treated very well by the staff and the breakfast is one of the best out there and the lounge has a light lunch and dinner selection so you get by with eating pretty cheap when you stay there (Peru is a cheap place to eat at anyway). I also have a great rate.

I'm thinking about complaining about the fee when I get there. I've had hotels waive the resort fee once in a when complaining but will feel bad complaining to the staff about a fee they benefit from.

I just don't want this to start being like resort and luggage fees where one hotel will try it out and then it starts becoming common. If they want their staff to get tips then add on a couple sol tip for housekeeping each day or for breakfast. Large tips aren't that common in Peru anyway so I don't understand why they are charging it here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.