Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Hilton Lima Miraflores
Ave. La Paz 1099, Miraflores, Lima, 18, Peru
TEL: 51-1-200-8000
HHonors Category 6

Hotel is designated as totally nonsmoking, and is close to both Miraflores and Barranco, as well as the Larcomar area and shopping mall. About 40 minutes to LIM / Jorge Chavez International Airport if there are no traffic jams, the coastal road is often a more traffic-light approach. Near Paseo de la República and cross streets are between Calle 28 de Julio and Calle Manco Capac.

Head Concierge is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. You can e-mail Juan Rolando sing the usual Hiltin e-mail protocols.

Executive Lounge on floor 11 with extended hours, two computer / Internet stations, free WiFi and concierge services, cappuccino / espresso machine. The lobby floor concierges are the best equipped to help you.
  • Breakfast: 6:30-11:00
  • Light lunch: 12:00 - 3:00 pm
  • Afternoon snacks: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
  • Light dinner: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Open bar: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Closing: 10:00 pm
Diamonds have lounge access. Diamonds generally must take breakfast in the lounge; restaurant breakfast is extra unless your rate includes breakfast (award stays do not, even for Diamonds - it's a decent, not stellar, lounge breakfast.

Also on the 11th floor are a horizon pool and two Jacuzzi spas, fitness room.

Rooms equipped with 37" HD televisions behind a black glass wall section and contemporary, stylish furnishings.

Though the property is reasonably soundproof, many Limeños tend to use their horn / hooter to communicate. The lower the floor, the more you'll hear horns, sirens, etc. (10th floor seems to be the highest for rooms).

Facilities include 24 hour room service, a lobby bar (11:00 am -12 midnight) and a restaurant open 6:30 am - 11:00 pm every day.

ATM / cash machine in lobby, small fee for use (~ S/ 14 or so).

Be aware: Room rates incur (28%) taxes, service charges, gratuities or incidental charges. Other restrictions apply.

Complimentary "Premium" WiFi for Diamonds is not very premium. WiFi July 2015 stay: OOkla ping 6 ms, 1.85 mbps down, 2.87 Mbps up, Telefónica de Perú. I also experienced unpredictable brief periods of signal strength loss and dropouts in our 5th floor suite near the lifts / elevators; better WiFi in Executive Lounge and Lobby / bar area.

Transport to / from airport: The property can arrange a "Remisse" (chauffeured car) transfer to the hotel 24/7 from the CMV Remisse counter in arrivals at LIM - CMV Taxi Remisse Ejecutivo" (CMV charges the same USD $50 price - Mercedes 200 se car with suited chauffeur) from Domestic and International arrivals, local phones 517-1891 / 517-1892. Green Taxi (reported below) for PEN s/ 50.00 (because "no hay cambio" - there is no change - for a fifty sol bill, otherwise it's 45 ).

DINING plenty of nearby restaurants, even in the same building. Most lunch restaurants open at 12:30, some do not accept reservations. Peruvians usually fill popular places after 1:00 pm, and the restaurants may remain busy 'til 3:00 pm; show up close to 12:30 so you don't have to wait. Usually Chilean and Argentine wines are on offer.

Within the hotel:

Social Restaurant and Bar, upscale, popular at lunch with local businessmen - Lunch always offers a businessman's special on weekdays; the "Almuerzo Ejecutivo" is PEN or /S 49 for two courses with ~6 selections for each, PEN 59 if you add dessert. Open 0630 - 0100 daily, dining room and terrace.

Social Restaurant & Bar features an array of distinctive Peruvian-American fusion flavors, and provides you the opportunity to taste the acclaimed Peruvian national cocktail: Pisco Sour. After a delicious meal, unwind with a refreshing beverage at the bar, which opens onto a terrace at street level, filling the space with natural light and creating a pleasant alfresco atmosphere. The restaurant offers a new concept of four integrated atmospheres, including the dining area, terrace area, bar area, and private dining area.
Lobby Café, 0630 - 2300 daily.

Beyond:

(down Lá Paz toward 28 de Julio, out door to right, in order)

Social (hotel restaurant, terrace)

Amaz (Amazon basin cuisine, unique in Lima)

Papachos: (upscale burgers with fusion influences)

Ache: (Japanese and Japan-Peruvian fusion)

Los Cachiche: (Italian and Italo-Peruvian fusion)

to left out hotel door, ~two blocks:

Fiesta: Northern Peruvian cuisine, e.g. Goat stew, northern ceviche version, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}

This hotel began accepting reservations for arrival February 1, 2013 and beyond.

From October 18, 2012, through January 31, 2013, Hilton Lima Miraflores is offering everyone a special introductory rate starting at $199 per night. *Rate is per room per night, based on double occupancy and subject to availability. Rate does not include (28%) taxes, service charges, gratuities or incidental charges. Other restrictions apply.
(We booked for August 2013, four days at 119,000 points for four nights / 29,750 points per night,) less than AXON, standard room. Same room is selling for $265, plus 10% and 18% taxes = $329 all in AARP/AAA - $279+28% taxes BAR.)

I will add a trip report on my return, and hope someone will beat me to it.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 8, 2015 at 5:10 pm Reason: Moved most info to wiki
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
I spent one night at this Hilton Property. I found exceptional service, good location to the coast and shopping, and the property is stylish and well kept. As a HH Gold, I was upgraded to a Deluxe room which was lovely but no access to the Executive floor, which they claimed was only for those staying on that floor. Perhaps this is one of the many new HH rules.
I highly recommend this property, which is a 35 min taxi ride from the airport.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:04 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the update.

I'm booked there in June.

Bummer about the lounge access; I'm HH Diamond and was hoping for lounge access.

Anita
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by deatrice
I spent one night at this Hilton Property. I found exceptional service, good location to the coast and shopping, and the property is stylish and well kept. As a HH Gold, I was upgraded to a Deluxe room which was lovely but no access to the Executive floor, which they claimed was only for those staying on that floor. Perhaps this is one of the many new HH rules.
Originally Posted by akp
Thanks for the update.

I'm booked there in June.

Bummer about the lounge access; I'm HH Diamond and was hoping for lounge access.

Anita
Deatrice is a Gold and thus not entitled to lounge access unless actually upgraded to the Executive floor. As a Diamond you will get access regardless of room location.

Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy:
The following policy will apply at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.

- If you are a Gold HHonors guest, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
- If you are a Diamond HHonors guest, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by mwk190
Deatrice is a Gold and thus not entitled to lounge access unless actually upgraded to the Executive floor. As a Diamond you will get access regardless of room location.

The following policy will apply at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.

- If you are a Gold HHonors guest, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
- If you are a Diamond HHonors guest, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor.
Agreed, it's a Diamond perk.

"akp," please take the time to report back about your experiences in the EL. Since this is a new property, it will be interesting to see how Diamonds are treated.

I had tried to book this property when I was in Lima (Oct 2012), but the opening date kept getting pushed back. Stayed at the DoubleTree instead; much older and less sound-proof. I did walk over and check the progress of this hotel while there...very nice indeed (from the outside anyway).

^

Last edited by fozziedoggie; Jun 8, 2013 at 10:07 am
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:28 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
2 stays here last 2 weeks; HH Gold.

1st stay : arrived late and departed early. Check in took quite a while; lovely lobby. Booked standard room and upgraded to a deluxe which was fine.

2nd stay:Booked exceutive room with balcony and upgraded to a huge and wonderful corner suite with terrace; looked as though never been used. bathroom bath with floor ceiling windows separate shower and loo and double sinks. loads wardrobes and sitting area. Big terrace.

No coffee / tea making facilities; you can call for complimentary tea and coffee but takes an age. No extra amenities.

Executive lounge: Lovely staff; very empty on both nights despite the hotel being full which was odd. Complimentary alcohol 1700 -2200; with a light dinner rather than snacks!. Afternoon also hot lunch and breakfast standard in the morning. They were lovely and gave us a really late check out and let us stay in the lounge until it shut as our flight was after mid night.

Nice area altogether a great stay.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:28 pm
akp

Originally Posted by mwk190

Excellent, thank you!

I earned my Diamond status for the first time ever the day I made that post, so I don't have a good fix on all the benefits yet.

I will post back after my 3 night stay in June.

Ania
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:57 am
akp

Originally Posted by simonsmith
2 stays here last 2 weeks; HH Gold.

1st stay : arrived late and departed early. Check in took quite a while; lovely lobby. Booked standard room and upgraded to a deluxe which was fine.

2nd stay:Booked exceutive room with balcony and upgraded to a huge and wonderful corner suite with terrace; looked as though never been used. bathroom bath with floor ceiling windows separate shower and loo and double sinks. loads wardrobes and sitting area. Big terrace.
Can you tell me whether the suite had a pullout sofa? I'm traveling with my children and would love the suite upgrade if they offer one but would need a pullout for my son.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update.

It is true - Executive Lounge is guaranteed for Diamonds, and for Golds if they are upgraded to the Executive Floor rooms.

What more can you share with us? Places to eat nearby (a good Peruvian ceviche - yum! Or even anticuchos, papas a la Huancaina, ají de gallina, lúcuma, maybe finished off with a mazamorra morada, or picarones... And, Ania, we're looking forward to your report.

About how much is the taxi from the airport? ¡Gracias!

Also, don't forget to visit the somewhat Bohemian area of Barranco near Miraflores - and if you enjoy Peruvian music, there are quite a few Peñas there. If you really enjoy music, search for any possibility of Afro-Peruvian music - mostly we hear Andean influenced music, but there is a rich tradition of coastal Afro-Peruvian music as well.

Larcomar for shopping, San Isidro for country club and upscale... and some very nice ceviche restaurants can be found.

Originally Posted by deatrice

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 13, 2013 at 10:31 pm Reason: add Barranco
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Just completed a nice stay at the Hilton Lima Miraflores.

As a HH Gold, I was upgraded to a small-ish room on the 9th floor, which is an Executive Floor (and therefore I had lounge access). The lounge is actually located on the 11th floor.

Overall, the hotel is new and stylish. There was a one-cup coffee maker in my room, although I never used it. The pool and jacuzzi, also on the 11th floor, looked inviting also.

The most significant problem I encountered was with the consistency of housekeeping: One day, the (free) bottle of water was not replaced. On another day, a used bath towel was taken but not replaced. On another, it was the bath mat that was not replaced. Cups and glasses I used were never cleaned during my stay; I had to clean them myself before I reused them. These were minor irritations, but they suggest that some improvement in the housekeeping standards is necessary.

With all the great food options, I used the lounge only for breakfast, so I can't comment much about it.

Overall, I enjoyed my points stay, but the cash price is high for this hotel. If I'm going to have to pay, I think there are better values elsewhere, but I think it might be hard to match the quality of the hotel and its rooms in Lima.

NB: On arrival in Lima, there were several taxi booths, one of which had a list of hotels displayed, including the Hilton Miraflores. When I asked about the price, they quoted 100 soles. I ignored them and kept going, and once I exited into the airport, I found the Taxi Green booth. The Taxi Green from the airport was a fixed 45 soles for a car and 55 soles for a van. The hotel wanted US$50 for the return trip, but the concierge called me a radio taxi for a fixed 60 soles.

Last edited by mikew99; Jul 30, 2013 at 9:33 pm Reason: Correct taxi costs
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:29 pm
akp

My experience as Hilton Diamond

Booked a standard room; upgraded to a deluxe room with two queen beds. I was hoping for a suite upgrade but was so worn out when I finally arrived that I did not ask for one.

Lobby, room and lounge are all clean and very nice.

Free wifi is very fast.

Lounge is awesome. Not crowded; food offerings nearly all day. Service is lovely.

Breakfast, 630-11: eggs, bacon, pastries. Good coffee.
Lunch: 1-5: great desserts. Food okay.
Dinner: nice selection of quesadillas, chicken bites, mini beef sandwiches. Wine, vodka, whiskey etc.

The hotel is a short walk from the coastline and well located for tourists.

Anybody have questions? I'm here for another 2 days

Anita

Ps, forgot to mention that I booked on cash and points pre-devaluation. Can't remember the points cost but cash was $60. Upon checkin, we were charged an extra $25 per day since there are four of us.

Last edited by akp; Jun 8, 2013 at 10:23 am Reason: Added
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Gracias for sharing and the offer, Anita!

We are booked in later this year and will enjoy the property and exploring for Peruvian food in the neighborhood.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 10:21 am
akp

We just had breakfast in the lobby restaurant instead of the lounge. They offered a small buffet cart in addition to a menu offering eggs, pancakes, stuffed French toast, smoothies, and more. As a diamond, this was all complimentary. Great service.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: Lifemiles Gold, COPA 1K, Hhonors Diamond, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by mikew99
Just completed a nice stay at the Hilton Lima Miraflores.

As a HH Gold, I was upgraded to a small-ish room on the 9th floor, which is an Executive Floor (and therefore I had lounge access). The lounge is actually located on the 11th floor.

Overall, the hotel is new and stylish. There was a one-cup coffee maker in my room, although I never used it. The pool and jacuzzi, also on the 11th floor, looked inviting also.

The most significant problem I encountered was with the consistency of housekeeping: One day, the (free) bottle of water was not replaced. On another day, a used bath towel was taken but not replaced. On another, it was the bath mat that was not replaced. Cups and glasses I used were never cleaned during my stay; I had to clean them myself before I reused them. These were minor irritations, but they suggest that some improvement in the housekeeping standards is necessary.

With all the great food options, I used the lounge only for breakfast, so I can't comment much about it.

Overall, I enjoyed my points stay, but the cash price is high for this hotel. If I'm going to have to pay, I think there are better values elsewhere, but I think it might be hard to match the quality of the hotel and its rooms in Lima.

NB: On arrival in Lima, there were several taxi booths, one of which had a list of hotels displayed, including the Hilton Miraflores. When I asked about the price, they quoted 100 soles. I ignored them and kept going, and once I exited into the airport, I found the Taxi Green booth. The Taxi Green from the airport was a fixed 55 soles. The hotel wanted US$50 for the return trip, but the concierge called me a radio taxi for a fixed 60 soles.
The taxi green tariff should have been a fixed PEN45. It has been this rate for at least the last 3 years. There is a price list just to the right of the desk which lists the tariffs in soles and dollars.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by JohanSlam
The taxi green tariff should have been a fixed PEN45. It has been this rate for at least the last 3 years. There is a price list just to the right of the desk which lists the tariffs in soles and dollars.
Yes, that's right. Miraflores is 45 soles from the airport with Taxi Green. The drivers are constitutionally incapable of providing change for a 50 Sol bill though, so either pay in advance at the counter in the airport, have exact change, or be prepared to take down the license plate number and tell the driver they can come back with your change once they have it. You can also call them for a pickup to return to the airport: 484 4001. Another option would be to hail a cab on the street and negotiate a fare (25-35 soles depending on whether you are okay with being dropped off right outside the airport), though generally this option is not recommended for tourists as it opens you up to potential robbery, kidnapping, or other criminal activity.

Some good dining options near the Miraflores Hilton are Punto Azul for ceviche (at San Martin and Alcanfores; cash only, long lines on weekends); Tanta for one of Gaston Acurio's mid-range options (at 28 de Julio and Paseo de la Republica); Danica for Peruvian-Italian fusion (at Armendariz and La Paz); Zaqra for some excellent Peruvian fusion (La Paz off Benavides); and on the ground floor of the Hilton building are three excellent, though somewhat expensive options: Bochinche (upscale Italian); Papacho's (gourmet hamburgers), and a fancy restaurant with jungle/Amazon rainforest cuisine that I forget the name of. In addition to Larcomar, there is some good shopping in small stores with Peruvian handicrafts along La Paz between Benavides and Diez Canseco

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.