Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Hilton Lima Miraflores
Ave. La Paz 1099, Miraflores, Lima, 18, Peru
TEL: 51-1-200-8000
HHonors Category 6

Hotel is designated as totally nonsmoking, and is close to both Miraflores and Barranco, as well as the Larcomar area and shopping mall. About 40 minutes to LIM / Jorge Chavez International Airport if there are no traffic jams, the coastal road is often a more traffic-light approach. Near Paseo de la República and cross streets are between Calle 28 de Julio and Calle Manco Capac.

Head Concierge is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. You can e-mail Juan Rolando sing the usual Hiltin e-mail protocols.

Executive Lounge on floor 11 with extended hours, two computer / Internet stations, free WiFi and concierge services, cappuccino / espresso machine. The lobby floor concierges are the best equipped to help you.
  • Breakfast: 6:30-11:00
  • Light lunch: 12:00 - 3:00 pm
  • Afternoon snacks: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
  • Light dinner: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Open bar: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Closing: 10:00 pm
Diamonds have lounge access. Diamonds generally must take breakfast in the lounge; restaurant breakfast is extra unless your rate includes breakfast (award stays do not, even for Diamonds - it's a decent, not stellar, lounge breakfast.

Also on the 11th floor are a horizon pool and two Jacuzzi spas, fitness room.

Rooms equipped with 37" HD televisions behind a black glass wall section and contemporary, stylish furnishings.

Though the property is reasonably soundproof, many Limeños tend to use their horn / hooter to communicate. The lower the floor, the more you'll hear horns, sirens, etc. (10th floor seems to be the highest for rooms).

Facilities include 24 hour room service, a lobby bar (11:00 am -12 midnight) and a restaurant open 6:30 am - 11:00 pm every day.

ATM / cash machine in lobby, small fee for use (~ S/ 14 or so).

Be aware: Room rates incur (28%) taxes, service charges, gratuities or incidental charges. Other restrictions apply.

Complimentary "Premium" WiFi for Diamonds is not very premium. WiFi July 2015 stay: OOkla ping 6 ms, 1.85 mbps down, 2.87 Mbps up, Telefónica de Perú. I also experienced unpredictable brief periods of signal strength loss and dropouts in our 5th floor suite near the lifts / elevators; better WiFi in Executive Lounge and Lobby / bar area.

Transport to / from airport: The property can arrange a "Remisse" (chauffeured car) transfer to the hotel 24/7 from the CMV Remisse counter in arrivals at LIM - CMV Taxi Remisse Ejecutivo" (CMV charges the same USD $50 price - Mercedes 200 se car with suited chauffeur) from Domestic and International arrivals, local phones 517-1891 / 517-1892. Green Taxi (reported below) for PEN s/ 50.00 (because "no hay cambio" - there is no change - for a fifty sol bill, otherwise it's 45 ).

DINING plenty of nearby restaurants, even in the same building. Most lunch restaurants open at 12:30, some do not accept reservations. Peruvians usually fill popular places after 1:00 pm, and the restaurants may remain busy 'til 3:00 pm; show up close to 12:30 so you don't have to wait. Usually Chilean and Argentine wines are on offer.

Within the hotel:

Social Restaurant and Bar, upscale, popular at lunch with local businessmen - Lunch always offers a businessman's special on weekdays; the "Almuerzo Ejecutivo" is PEN or /S 49 for two courses with ~6 selections for each, PEN 59 if you add dessert. Open 0630 - 0100 daily, dining room and terrace.

Social Restaurant & Bar features an array of distinctive Peruvian-American fusion flavors, and provides you the opportunity to taste the acclaimed Peruvian national cocktail: Pisco Sour. After a delicious meal, unwind with a refreshing beverage at the bar, which opens onto a terrace at street level, filling the space with natural light and creating a pleasant alfresco atmosphere. The restaurant offers a new concept of four integrated atmospheres, including the dining area, terrace area, bar area, and private dining area.
Lobby Café, 0630 - 2300 daily.

Beyond:

(down Lá Paz toward 28 de Julio, out door to right, in order)

Social (hotel restaurant, terrace)

Amaz (Amazon basin cuisine, unique in Lima)

Papachos: (upscale burgers with fusion influences)

Ache: (Japanese and Japan-Peruvian fusion)

Los Cachiche: (Italian and Italo-Peruvian fusion)

to left out hotel door, ~two blocks:

Fiesta: Northern Peruvian cuisine, e.g. Goat stew, northern ceviche version, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by puchong
Regret to advise that this kind of price gouging is quite common in many parts of the world - besides Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong etc. I have also come across it with Hiltons in Japan - where it can be as much as 12%. In Europe it is not so common because most of the EU has a legal requirement to display the final price to the consumer. However, like you, I do not like it.
Well, it seems it is becoming more and more prevalent in the US as well, except that US properties don't even pretend that it's for the benefit of the employees. Resort Destination fees for Manhattan properties?

Destination fee starting at NYGH
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
You will get excellent service and no surcharges from the friendly staff at the Doubletree El Pardo. Much better rates, and as a Diamond they upgraded me to the presidential suite (701).
Excellent location, knowledgeable concierge.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
...I like using points there since you can't charge a % service fee on a $0 rate
Unless you are using your Avis points to rent their cars. They manage to charge all the % based taxes even though the pre-tax amount is 0.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:10 am

A lot to cover here, but let me start by saying the staff is EXCEPTIONAL in every department. This is what makes a good hotel, great.

Booked a deluxe and upgraded pre-arrival to an executive room. When I checked in, it was noted that the deluxe would have gotten executive access anyway (Diamond member) so the only real "upgrade" here was a higher floor. I inquired about a junior suite or a one bedroom suite and was told the upgrade charge to a junior was $50/night. If you looked at hilton.com the difference in price was $22/night for the junior and $30/night for the one bedroom. So they upgraded me to a junior at no charge (I wanted to pay the extra $8/night for the full one bedroom but confused the heck out of the poor check in gentleman at that point).

So let's get the bad thing out of the way. It's not a junior suite. It's a larger U-shaped corner room. There isn't a single arm chair or sofa in the room. The bench at the end of the bed has a coffee table in front of it, but do you really want to sit on that and watch TV with your back propped against the edge of the bed? You certainly can't lie down on the bench.

To the good: immaculate room. Housekeeping twice daily always bringing bottled water and greeting you with a smile. Huge TV channel selection. Excellent air con. Did not test speeds, but probably best wifi I've seen in the world. Multi country outlets. Dual shower heads and tub in the wet room. Floor-to-ceiling windows which run the length of two sides of the room.

amenities: much has been made about the lounge, but the staff brings it over the top. They will assist and take care of anything. Breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, open bar from 6p-9p and none of the Hilton garbage egg rolls. The bread and pastry station is a standout. Although, and we are splitting hairs here, the lomo saltado is a disgrace to the great nation of Peru. So one dud in an otherwise great presentation. The sunsets from the terrace are the best in the hotel.

Infiniti pool and cabanas in the shade on level 11 along with a bar. The lounge will allow a "to go" cup for most beverages if you want to take it to the pool.

Concierge got a restaurant booking at Central on less that two weeks notice. (Also go to Maido. Seriously. Go. Now.). I walked in the door at nearly midnight having popped a button off my dinner jacket. I was going to leave it with the concierge and asked to have it sewn back on and brought to my room sometime the next day. Immediately, a member of staff came up and said he'd do it and sure enough brought it to my room in less than 5 minutes.

Overall a great stay and next time I'd like to try the full suite.

Score: 9.5/10

Last edited by saaveraward; Feb 15, 2018 at 8:37 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by saaveraward
A lot to cover here, but let me start by saying the staff is EXCEPTIONAL in every department. This is what makes a good hotel, great.

Booked a deluxe and upgraded pre-arrival to an executive room. When I checked in, it was noted that the deluxe would have gotten executive access anyway (Diamond member) so the only real "upgrade" here was a higher floor. I inquired about a junior suite or a one bedroom suite and was told the upgrade charge to a junior was $50/night. If you looked at hilton.com the difference in price was $22/night for the junior and $30/night for the one bedroom. So they upgraded me to a junior at no charge (I wanted to pay the extra $8/night for the full one bedroom but confused the heck out of the poor check in gentleman at that point).

So let's get the bad thing out of the way. It's not a junior suite. It's a larger U-shaped corner room. There isn't a single arm chair or sofa in the room. The bench at the end of the bed has a coffee table in front of it, but do you really want to sit on that and watch TV with your back propped against the edge of the bed? You certainly can't lie down on the bench.

To the good: immaculate room. Housekeeping twice daily always bringing bottled water and greeting you with a smile. Huge TV channel selection. Excellent air con. Did not test speeds, but probably best wifi I've seen in the world. Multi country outlets. Dual shower heads and tub in the wet room. Floor-to-ceiling windows which run the length of two sides of the room.

amenities: much has been made about the lounge, but the staff brings it over the top. They will assist and take care of anything. Breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, open bar from 6p-9p and none of the Hilton garbage egg rolls. The bread and pastry station is a standout. Although, and we are splitting hairs here, the lomo saltado is a disgrace to the great nation of Peru. So one dud in an otherwise great presentation. The sunsets from the terrace are the best in the hotel.

Infiniti pool and cabanas in the shade on level 11 along with a bar. The lounge will allow a "to go" cup for most beverages if you want to take it to the pool.

Concierge got a restaurant booking at Central on less that two weeks notice. (Also go to Maido. Seriously. Go. Now.). I walked in the door at nearly midnight having popped a button off my dinner jacket. I was going to leave it with the concierge and asked to have it sewn back on and brought to my room sometime the next day. Immediately, a member of staff came up and said he'd do it and sure enough brought it to my room in less than 5 minutes.

Overall a great stay and next time I'd like to try the full suite.

Score: 9.5/10
I agree the staff is great. I think it's the only Hilton I've been at with an open bar where the lounge staff will make your cocktail for you.

I had an exec level room and it was a really nice room but I think they should upgrade diamonds to jr. Suites for free if they are available seeing upgrades are a diamond benefit.

I'm hoping to use the pool next month, I forgot swimwear on my last trip so didn't get to use it.

Does anyone here know if they provide peru to us power adapters? I have a trip coming up next month and left mine plugged in on my last trip and really don't want to buy another one
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I agree the staff is great. I think it's the only Hilton I've been at with an open bar where the lounge staff will make your cocktail for you.

I had an exec level room and it was a really nice room but I think they should upgrade diamonds to jr. Suites for free if they are available seeing upgrades are a diamond benefit.

I'm hoping to use the pool next month, I forgot swimwear on my last trip so didn't get to use it.

Does anyone here know if they provide peru to us power adapters? I have a trip coming up next month and left mine plugged in on my last trip and really don't want to buy another one
There's at least 1 outlet in the junior suite that runs on a US plug. Maybe 2.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:52 am

Looks good enough bu i preffer cheaper options thanks royal people.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Completed a four day stay there last week.

Very impressed this stay.

Asked about being upgraded when I arrived and was told I was preupgraded to a corner jr. suite. Room was very nice. Breakfast was great. Diamonds can order anything they want off the menu in addition to the trolleys and they also have another menu for diamonds with a couple other choices. Lounge continues to offer three meals a day (but with Peru’s great food I didn’t bother). They continue to offer free alcohol from 6 to 9. I was there during my birthday and room service delivered a piece of cheesecake with the words “feliz cumpleanos” written in chocolate along with a nice card. I’ve been at a Hilton property almost every year on my birthday since achieving diamond status and this the first time they acknowledged it.

There was also a chit for a free espresso and free cocktail in my keycard pack
My only complaint was the wifi. It was awful in my room and I had to tether to my phone most times. It was fine in the lounge and the restaurant and I don’t remember having problems with it my last stay.
Old May 5, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Here now and truly enjoying the hotel. Paid for the discounted availability based upgrade. Should have a longer review later, but quick answer I’d that I’m quite impressed.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Glad to hear you are enjoying the hotel. I'm planning to be there later this year, so any comment will be very welcome.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Hilton Miraflores Executive King Suite

Hilton Lima Miraflores
It was after 1:00 am when we arrived at the hotel. It was beautiful and well decorated. Even though I’m only Hilton Gold, I was greeted as if I was a Diamond. The front desk was very friendly and welcoming. I had signed up for a space-available paid upgrade, which came through. So, for $93/night, we were upgraded from a standard room to an Executive-Level King Suite. It was quite large with an office/sitting room, separate bedroom and a foyer between the office, the bedroom and the bathroom.

Welcome Treat

Office and Sitting Room

Bedroom

Shower

Bathroom

Lima – Days 1 and 2
There was a heavy fog covering the city as we woke up. Since I’m the early riser, I hit the gym for an hour on the stair stepper. After that it was a full and tasty breakfast in the Executive Lounge – which was very well appointed. We had a nice walk to the cliff-side mall, down to the beach, and along the coast. It was a nice full morning, as the fog gradually lifted from the shore.

Infinity Pool

Hot Tubs

Roof Deck

Executive Lounge Breakfast Set Up

We returned to the Executive Lunch for a hearty lunch and then jumped into the roof-top infinity pool. It’s a really photogenic spot! After the sun set, we took another walk down the coast – this time in the opposite direction. We ended the night on the balcony of the Executive Lounge with some (complementary) drinks. A full and enjoyable day!

Lunch Menu

Salad Set Up

Desserts

Day two was filled with similar walks through the neighborhood next door to Miraflores, Barranco. Our walk eventually led us down from the cliffs to the beach, and since our feet were starting to wear out, we took a (very) inexpensive Uber ride back to the hotel.

The hotel was nice enough to give us a late checkout (4:30 pm) and offered to let us use the Executive Lounge until we departed for the airport (9:00 pm). So, we had more swimming and then strolling along the cliffs at the shore. The parasails were in full force. But, unfortunately, the winds died down before I could get a ride on one.

So, we had a leisurely dinner in the Executive Lounge, some drinks and then headed off to the airport at 9pm.

SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:00 pm

The hotel was nice enough and so was the executive lounge. Upgraded at check-in to an executive level room. The room could have benefited from having a sofa.

On check-out, the confirmed Hilton rate was charged in Peruvian soles at an exchange rate 5.15% above the market rate. This is ridiculously high and resulted in an extra 26 USD charge for me...
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
The Hilton Lima Miraflores is one of the best Hilton properties I have been to.

As diamond member I was allowed an early checkin at 8:00 and late checkout at 16:30
We were upgraded to an executive room on the 10th floor
The exec lounge had food all day - breakfast - lunch - snack - dinner - and the options (except breakfast) changed every time.
We could also have breakfast at the restaurant but liked the breakfast in the lounge better - restaurant has no buffet (except a small buffet cart), but you can order a la carte as much as you want - three extra options for HH diamond.
The rooftop infinity pool has an amazing view and is large enough for a swim.
All staff was welcoming and friendly.

saaveraward likes this.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Mar 25, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was going through my facebook photos and I was there exactly two years ago and one of the photos was of their amazing rooftop pool. How fast things have changed in just two years Hoping I can go back sometime soon.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 4:20 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Does anyone know how the 18% peru resident tax works??? When I go to make a booking for Hilton Lima, there is only the 10% service charge showing on my reservation but when I go to book at Doubletree Lima, there is the 10% charge plus 18% tax as well.

Will it be voided at the Doubletree at check in? How does it work?

Thanks for your help! Looking forward to staying here.

Last edited by SKYEG; Sep 30, 2021 at 9:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.