Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by freebee
Checked in yesterday. The good news is that the new pool and expanded hot tub are beautiful, and the new padded pool chairs are a terrific addition. The bad news is that there was lots of construction noise we could hear in our room this afternoon. If this continues, then they definitely reopened too soon.
Thanks for the update. I think I'm going to cancel my Dec 18th stay and try again when it's totally 100% complete...there are two new reviews on Tripadvisor that sealed the cancellation deal.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:06 pm

Checked in last night.
I would say that the areas we saw were 95% plus finished. No noise issues in our room. Room is a nice junior suite (the standard room here) with a partial ocean view.
When checking in, they advised that as a Gold member I could have the choice of free continental breakfast (2 of us for 6 nights) with the option to pay $7.00 for the full buffet breakfast or 1000 points.
I chose the breakfast. This morning when we went to the dining room I asked the server when we were seated about the continental breakfast as the buffet looked really good with a lot of choices both hot and cold. She informed me that at this time there was no continental breakfast available and that we could have the buffet for no extra charge. When we were done she brought a check that had the buffet charge @ $24.95 each and then the charge voided so really all the check was for was a gratuity. I believe this may have something to do with their delayed reopening and the fact that they may be still working out some bugs. The hotel does not seem to be booked anywhere near capacity based on the number of people I have seen around

Will update more as we are here for a week
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:56 am

Ok, updating my review after staying there for 7 nights...
During the time we were there a lot of finishing touches put in common areas. When we arrived on the 30th the lobby area was pretty bare. Now more furniture, art works, etc to make it look more finished. As of Friday checkout hey were still working on things like trim items etc. No permanent signage through out the building, just paper signs taped to walls.

Housekeeping service was consistent and we had no issues or complaints about it. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

It's pretty easy to run up a $100 plus mid afternoon snack with drinks at the deck bar but then when you are staying at a resort like this that it's not uncommon.

I got a massage at the spa and felt the spa was comparable to the spas in other Hilton resort properties we have visited.

There is a lot of construction going on in this area. Not just the at the Hilton. There is a new high rise building going up next door and there is a lot of construction down the street by the JW Marriot also.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would think that they should have the last of the work done in the next couple of weeks.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Would be interested to know what Diamonds are now receiving in terms of benefits (Breakfast/Parking/Resort Fee). How is the little mall over from the hotel these days? Any reviews appreciated as contemplating going back again.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 4:41 pm

We stayed for two nights last week using citi Hilton weekend certificate. We are both diamonds, we were given a Garden View room, which was excellent and had a partial sea view.
As diamond we received free buffet breakfast (excellent).
The resort fee included a free fruit cup (worth getting, a small salad bowl), you ask at the store next to the restaurant.
As award guests, we didn't have to pay the resort fee.
There is a $15 a day parking fee.
Very agreeable stay, relaxing. Glad we chose to stay here.

Last edited by walterj; Feb 27, 2017 at 4:50 pm
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by walterj
We stayed for two nights last week using citi Hilton weekend certificate. We are both diamonds, we were given a Garden View room, which was excellent and had a partial sea view.
As diamond we received free buffet breakfast (excellent).
The resort fee included a free fruit cup (worth getting, a small salad bowl), you ask at the store next to the restaurant.
As award guests, we didn't have to pay the resort fee.
There is a $15 a day parking fee.
Very agreeable stay, relaxing. Glad we chose to stay here.
Thanks for the update Walter. Did you venture across the road to any of the restaurants there?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Thanks for the update Walter. Did you venture across the road to any of the restaurants there?
No we didn't. There were two or three restaurants across the street, easy to walk to. There is also a Winn/Dixie and a Publix, both large groceries about a mile down the road.
There are a lot of restaurants on the island.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: HH Dia, UMP Premier Plat, AA Plat
Stayed here a couple weeks ago and wanted to add some info as I appreciate all the info I read on FT.

The remodel seemed like it was just about done. While we were there, they were working on adding railings all over the new pool area. This involved drilling into the concrete, but I viewed it just as a mild annoyance.

It appeared the remodel was just to the common areas; I don't think the rooms were touched. They were a little dated and worn, but nothing I would complain about. I don't go on vacation to sit in a hotel room anyways.

Diamond benefits were an upgraded room (more on that later), 2 free beach chairs (umbrellas are an extra $25/day), and free breakfast. The breakfast was wonderful. There is a separate room off the dining area where the buffet is and it included made to order eggs and omelets along with all the standard breakfast items (bacon, potatoes, cereal, fruit, pastries, etc.). The chairs were also very nice to have on the beach and we didn't really need the umbrella since it was February.

We were "upgraded" from a garden view room to an ocean view. I don't think there would be much difference in view though. The ocean view is just the north side and faces the pool area while the garden view is the south side and faces the spa and Marriott next door. I think the view of the beach would be the same, but the Marriott is putting up a massive addition right now with lots of construction noise. With either view, I would recommend getting a room closest to the beach end as possible as it gives a better view of the gulf.

We also went to some of the restaurants in the shopping area across the street ExpatSomchai was asking about. Everything on Marco is overpriced, but the Hilton is very expensive to eat at, so I think these places are thriving with people looking for a close place to eat. Nacho Mama's was just alright. Da Vinci's was very good and not much more than what you would paid at lower level restaurants in the area. There was also a high end steakhouse and a low end seafood chain restaurant, but we didn't go to either. Just a few steps north of the shopping plaza on Collier is Stonewalls which was more casual (order at the counter) and fine if you're looking for something easy.

Overall, it was a great stay and exactly what we were looking for: a Hilton property directly on a beach with good weather in February and a great free breakfast.

EDIT: Oh, and no resort fee was charged on an award stay which I was very thankful for.

Last edited by kdw133; Mar 23, 2017 at 11:39 am Reason: Add info
Old Mar 8, 2017, 12:21 pm

Thanks KDW
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Yes, thanks...we really liked it there a couple of years ago but I have to say I didn't care for the beach - it was too shelly, not soft sand (this I guess is what the whole Gulf Side is like) - rough to walk barefoot.

But we really liked the Hilton pool and spent most of our time there.

We also went to the same 2 restaurants across the way - the Mexican place and the Italian place. Glad to hear there are a couple more, we don't like to drive after a little wine. Which reminds me we also went to a fancier, more throwback place that was a distance away that had the likes of veal, Steak Diane, duck...that sort of old school menu, and they provided transportation.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:47 pm

Snook Inn is a fun place to hang out in the evening. There was also a great place which did all you could eat Grouper just the other side of the bridge which you took to Naples. Can't remember the name....but it was recommended to us by a local. (Just found it Capri Fish House)

Last edited by ExpatSomchai; Mar 8, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Yes, thanks...we really liked it there a couple of years ago but I have to say I didn't care for the beach - it was too shelly, not soft sand (this I guess is what the whole Gulf Side is like) - rough to walk barefoot.
Nooo the gulf coast has beautiful power white sand.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by UKOK
Nooo the gulf coast has beautiful power white sand.
Then we must have been walking in front of the Hilton at low tide - nothing but crushed shells.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie

But we really liked the Hilton pool and spent most of our time there.

We also went to the same 2 restaurants across the way - the Mexican place and the Italian place. Glad to hear there are a couple more, we don't like to drive after a little wine. Which reminds me we also went to a fancier, more throwback place that was a distance away that had the likes of veal, Steak Diane, duck...that sort of old school menu, and they provided transportation.
Exactly, the beach has so many crushed shells I couldn't walk barefoot, I guess you mean the entire gulf side of Marco Island because Fort Myers Beach has soft sand

Ridiculously overpriced hotel and area IMO.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Exactly, the beach has so many crushed shells I couldn't walk barefoot, I guess you mean the entire gulf side of Marco Island because Fort Myers Beach has soft sand.
Marco and Sanibel were the only beaches we walked on - I'll have to try Fort Myers next time. There is something about the curve of the land that causes all the shells to gather. It is pretty, and interesting, but hard on your feet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.