Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
23-1 여의도동 영등포구, 150-945
Many thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Wow.. am tempted to try this. 1 night week day stay. And its cheaper than Westin Chosun on my travel date, making it more partial..

Gold upgrades to EL looking good. =)
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by CanesLawMarty
Just checked in and was upgraded to executive floor with lounge access as a HH Gold...on a points stay no less

Initial impressions are this property blows the Conrad Singapore and Conrad Hong Kong away, better room, impeccable staff and the lounge is simply spectacular, on par with a Ritz-Carlton. I'd immediately put this in the top 2 or 3 Hiltons I've ever stayed at, can't wait to explore the hotel more over the next few days.
Wow! Strong support! Will keep this in mind, as I enjoy those 2 places very much! Thanks!^
Old Oct 6, 2013, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Spanking new. Friendly staff at the Clarins spa but the lobby temperature was too hot. I know its fall but the glass elevators lets in so much sun light and heats up the waiting area.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
I stayed here in late 2012, not too long after it had opened. Booked a basic room and was upgraded to executive, with EL access. As noted above, the lounge was fantastic. Breakfast and evening buffets and drinks were excellent and the views out over Seoul are brilliant. Room had teething issues with the electronics - curtains opened, lights switched on in the middle of the night about 3 times. Tv also just wouldn't work after a while. However, room was comfortable and spacious, nice bath and I enjoyed the Nespresso machine.

Spa really made the stay for me as you can use the steam rooms, jacuzzi, etc for free as Gold. There was confusion over whether I could for a while, but this was a great perk and I pretty much had it to myself for a couple of hours. Helped me get over the jetlag and the Hite!
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Wife just had a near nervous breakdown with the shabby treatment by the front desk . It took them 40 minutes to check us in at 10pm and told there's no availability for HH gold upgrade on a Wednesday evening?!

Couple that with a bathroom that wasn't even fully ready and the shower stank of coffee smoke. Had to change rooms twice and that was an ordeal. I chose the Conrad as it was closer to our ball but never again. Rather just pay taxi fare and stay at another of Devil's 5 star hotels.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:44 am

Can someone please comment on the layout of the bathroom in one of regular guest rooms? Is there a shade or blinds to cover the window between the bathroom and bed? From the pictures it looks like it is completely "open" with little privacy.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by polandspringuy
Can someone please comment on the layout of the bathroom in one of regular guest rooms? Is there a shade or blinds to cover the window between the bathroom and bed? From the pictures it looks like it is completely "open" with little privacy.
Yes there is a blind for privacy. I recall it is the kind so called "magic window" where the blind is in between two glass panes which will open/close by push a button.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 9.9MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
The glass is actually an LCD screen, so with the press of a button by the sink, it instantly goes opaque. Cool feature, but probably not worth the expense.

Originally Posted by polandspringuy
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:24 pm

Thank you Wendy and Rasalon. Was originally worried about the window but now I'm excited to try it out!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I checked in here last night. This place is incredible. As a gold, the duty manager personally welcomed me when I arrived at 11pm last night. I was upgraded to an executive room, absolutely stunning. The room is beautiful, ten times nicer than the room I had the previous night at the Park Hyatt Tokyo.

Welcome amemity consisted of a bowl of nuts and a box of chocolates, very nice. The TV setup is cool but I haven't dug into it yet. Bathroom is very well appointed.

I was told I'm free to switch between the EL and restaurant for breakfast and that the restaurant indeed has a larger selection.

Everything's just quite stunning. I'll post photos later.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Do suites include lounge access?

Does anyone know if I book directly into a suite is executive lounge access included?

Some of the lower category suites (King Executive Suite, for example) specifically mention lounge access in the room title, yet the higher end (more expensive) suites (the King Premium Corner Suite or Premium King Pure Suite) have no mention of lounge access. Is it assumed?

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
A few very minor complaints:

The elevators are absurdly slow. 37 floors, six elevators. I actually don't think they're all operational. Also, they have a glitch where to randomly seem to stop at floors for no reason. No one gets on or off. It's happened to me too many times for it to just be guests who forgot something in their room. Getting down from the 34th floor in the morning takes forever. 5+ minutes just to get an elevator and then 4-5 stops on the way down.

Also, the speeddial buttons on my phone always go to a busy signal but dialing 0 takes me straight to an operator.

On the positive side, the lounge staff are fantastic. They helped me plan my sightseeing and booked a reservation for me at the Cookin Nanta show, highly entertaining. The restaurant breakfast is fantastic with a huge selection. Only complaint here is that the only fruit on offer seems to be melons which I'm not a fan of but it could just be a seasonal thing.

Other than that, I really love this hotel. I'm about to head to ICN, sad to go.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Just checked in for two night stay. Diamond upgrade is within category booked aka regular room goes to Executive floor room. If a suite upgrade is granted you do not get Executive lounge access. That easily leads to a discussion. Given nice upgrade to corner river view .

I contacted the Hotel prior to arriving and was forwarded bus directions from ICN. It was indeed 15,000 KRW one-way and late evening took less than 1 hour. The timing was off by 5 minutes so there may have been a schedule change. Bus 6030 at arrival level gate 6B or 13A. Depending on the number of people trying to buy tickets inside go outside near the gate and there are additional ticket booths with one or two windows open. Remember to have cash unless you have a Korean transportation card.

Took breakfast downstairs on 2 then went upstairs for copy of WSJ. The selection is extensive downstairs and looks fair upstairs. As a point of concern there are at least two towers going up towards the river. Have to believe the views from the Conrad are going to be impacted.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Jan 12, 2014 at 6:49 pm
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Just checked in for two night stay. Diamond upgrade is within category booked aka regular room goes to Executive floor room. If a suite upgrade is granted you do not get Executive lounge access. That easily leads to a discussion. Given nice upgrade to corner river view .

I contacted the Hotel prior to arriving and was forwarded bus directions from ICN. It was indeed 15,000 KRW one-way and late evening took less than 1 hour. The timing was off by 5 minutes so there may have been a schedule change. Bus 6030 at arrival level gate 6B or 13A. Depending on the number of people trying to buy tickets inside go outside near the gate and there are additional ticket booths with one or two windows open. Remember to have cash unless you have a Korean transportation card.
So you got the room upgrade and lounge access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.