Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2020, 12:10 pm

DoubleTree Bratislava, 3 night cash stay (EUR 64 pn), upgraded from King Room to King 1 Bedroom Suite.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 6:00 pm

Conrad Bora

Currently at the Conrad Bora Bora - booked garden suite on points and FNC and was upgraded to Horizon View Pool Villa. Asked about overwater villas but was offered at a $300/night rate for deluxe OWV. Took the offer and switched to the OWV during our 2nd half of the stay.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by OutofToiletPaper
Currently at the Conrad Bora Bora - booked garden suite on points and FNC and was upgraded to Horizon View Pool Villa. Asked about overwater villas but was offered at a $300/night rate for deluxe OWV. Took the offer and switched to the OWV during our 2nd half of the stay.
Wow, your username is apropos of 2020.

Did you feel you got good value from your $300 a day upgrade?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Wow, your username is apropos of 2020.

Did you feel you got good value from your $300 a day upgrade?
Yes, though I’ve read diamond members being upgraded to OWVs frequently but in the end happy we were able to spend a few nights in a Horizon room first. Here for 7 nights and if all 7 nights were in an OWV, it would have gotten boring imo.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kkong42
DoubleTree Bratislava, 3 night cash stay (EUR 64 pn), upgraded from King Room to King 1 Bedroom Suite.
ive heard they are great with upgrades. Of course the one time I stayed there I got nothing but oh well. Still a good hotel.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:05 pm

Post-COVID stays

Hilton London Bankside
King Guest Room > King Deluxe One Bedroom Suite

Hilton at St George’s Park
King Deluxe Room > King Junior Suite

Hilton Bournemouth
King Guest Room > King One Bedroom Suite with Sea View

Doubletree by Hilton - Edinburgh City Centre
King Guest Room > King Junior Suite with Castle View
wizla and thefilipinotraveler like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:27 pm

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Very nice. Did you check-in online / app in advance at any of these hotels?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by mradey
Only if I was already pre-upgraded prior to check-in, otherwise I leave it.

Bankside upgraded day prior to arrival
Bournemouth upgraded on morning of arrival
Edinburgh upgraded upon check-in
St George’s Park upgraded 3 days prior to arrival

I find if you check-in online in advance before they have allocated the Diamond upgrades, they are less likely to upgrade you as you have already chosen your ‘preferred room’.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by mradey
Yeah that might as well be saying “do not upgrade me”. Especially if you pick a specific room from the floor plan.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 5:40 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Yeah that might as well be saying “do not upgrade me”. Especially if you pick a specific room from the floor plan.
Yep, completely agree, my strategy too
Old Sep 4, 2020, 8:25 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by OutofToiletPaper
Currently at the Conrad Bora Bora.
Take that back. I am crushed.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 2:25 am

Hilton London Bankside

Booked King Deluxe (2nd lowest cat) for today. Booking was made on the Tuesday. By Thursday I saw that the reservation had been pre upgraded to a King Deluxe Suite (+4 cat upgrade). App allowed me to do online check in and get digital key. Nice suite, very happy.

Video of suite
NoY and Global Adventurer like this.

Last edited by Leonvomp; Sep 12, 2020 at 2:38 am
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Leonvomp
Hilton London Bankside

Booked King Deluxe (2nd lowest cat) for today. Booking was made on the Tuesday. By Thursday I saw that the reservation had been pre upgraded to a King Deluxe Suite (+4 cat upgrade). App allowed me to do online check in and get digital key. Nice suite, very happy.

Video of suite
Booked a Queen regular room (lowest rate), for today and just checked my app and it shows (wait for it)......a Queen Deluxe w/Sofa Bed in an accessible room😔 on the first floor with options up to the 3rd floor only. I'll see what happens when I arrive, because I don't plan on taking that room.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Booked a Queen regular room (lowest rate), for today and just checked my app and it shows (wait for it)......a Queen Deluxe w/Sofa Bed in an accessible room😔 on the first floor with options up to the 3rd floor only. I'll see what happens when I arrive, because I don't plan on taking that room.
Just updating my previous post. Upon arrival today at the Hampton Inn, I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite with two double beds within the Atrium. Nice hotel for a Hampton.

Upon entering the lobby, the doorman checked my temperature. Then the baggage handler took my bags and sprayed them with disinfectant and put them on a sanitized cart departed from the other guests checking in. I was instructed to disinfect my hands and wait at the sticker on the floor.

Upon check-in, all employees were behind plexiglass with faceshields and masks, including the lobby personnel and cleaners.

I was advised that both restaurants on-site are open daily, however the breakfast buffet is set up for room service only between 7am-10am, and I was provided a paper menu to fill out with my choices and delivery time. Housekeeping is unavailable, however if a guest needs something including more water they will bring the items to your door. There's coffee/tea in the room and everything is single wrapped.

The room had a seal on the door and the usual remote control covers. It's extremely clean. I noticed a lady cleaning the banisters and other touch areas .

I'm here in Mexico City for the Independence Day celebrations, even though they've decided to block off pedestrian and vehicular traffic to keep the public away from the Zocalo, and stay home folks will still be coming down here.

I'm very happy how everything turned out, especially the breakfast situation with room service. I'll be enjoying the next 4 nights here😊

*Forgot to mention, that only floors 1-3 are open. So, there nicer rooms on the 5th and 6th floors are totally off limits.

Sisosig and wantan like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well done Global Adventurer. I didn't get anything there last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.