FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:49 pm
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Booked a Queen regular room (lowest rate), for today and just checked my app and it shows (wait for it)......a Queen Deluxe w/Sofa Bed in an accessible room😔 on the first floor with options up to the 3rd floor only. I'll see what happens when I arrive, because I don't plan on taking that room.
Just updating my previous post. Upon arrival today at the Hampton Inn, I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite with two double beds within the Atrium. Nice hotel for a Hampton.

Upon entering the lobby, the doorman checked my temperature. Then the baggage handler took my bags and sprayed them with disinfectant and put them on a sanitized cart departed from the other guests checking in. I was instructed to disinfect my hands and wait at the sticker on the floor.

Upon check-in, all employees were behind plexiglass with faceshields and masks, including the lobby personnel and cleaners.

I was advised that both restaurants on-site are open daily, however the breakfast buffet is set up for room service only between 7am-10am, and I was provided a paper menu to fill out with my choices and delivery time. Housekeeping is unavailable, however if a guest needs something including more water they will bring the items to your door. There's coffee/tea in the room and everything is single wrapped.

The room had a seal on the door and the usual remote control covers. It's extremely clean. I noticed a lady cleaning the banisters and other touch areas .

I'm here in Mexico City for the Independence Day celebrations, even though they've decided to block off pedestrian and vehicular traffic to keep the public away from the Zocalo, and stay home folks will still be coming down here.

I'm very happy how everything turned out, especially the breakfast situation with room service. I'll be enjoying the next 4 nights here😊

*Forgot to mention, that only floors 1-3 are open. So, there nicer rooms on the 5th and 6th floors are totally off limits.