Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:42 pm

Hilton Northolme - upgraded to Grand Oceanview Pool Villa with infinity pool
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:35 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by #1son
the Diamond status has really not delivered for me in general, will not bother trying to attain status again

I think my account is at 27 nights now

not been given any significant upgrades to date
So guaranteed lounge access is not important to you?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by stc
So guaranteed lounge access is not important to you?
I'm not sure where he/she spends most of their time but I wouldn't exactly bust a gut for guaranteed lounge access in Europe.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:54 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Doubletree Sukhumvit Bangkok - booked Standard King & upgraded at checkin to King Suite.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:57 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I'm not sure where he/she spends most of their time but I wouldn't exactly bust a gut for guaranteed lounge access in Europe.
Huh. IME the lounges are better in Europe than in the USA.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: Hilton, DL
Originally Posted by CMK10
It is. I make Diamond by stays (last year 42) and in the past 16 months I've had five upgrades. Of which only one (the WA Orlando) was anything special. The other four were at an airport DT to a junior suite, an airport HGI to a suite and then another HGI and a badly located DT on business trips.
I've had maybe 2 upgrades in two years. My stays mainly occur in WA, OR, ID, MT, UT, CO and GA.
BigFishDave likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hampton Inn Boise Downtown: Told at check in I'd been upgraded to a suite. Nice junior suite style room with living room area, kitchen area and a large bathroom.

Last edited by CMK10; Aug 4, 2019 at 9:26 pm Reason: Silly typo
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hilton, DL
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hampton Inn Boise Downtown: Told at check in I'd been upgraded to a suite. Nice junior suite style room with loving room area, kitchen area and a large bathroom.
obviously I'm staying at the wrong Hilton's hehe
Mel730 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City (22-23 Aug): Booked a King Guest Room, was upgraded (without asking) to a King Junior Suite at check-in. As seems to be the practice in Dubai, the Hotel Manager came out and greeted me during check-in (when I was last in Dubai at the DT Dubai Business Bay, it was the Guest Services Director who came out to meet me).

I'm staying for only one night, so was pleasantly surprised to get the upgrade -- and I travel solo typically so though I don't need the extra space, it's nice to have.

Last edited by WanderingGent; Sep 3, 2019 at 10:25 am Reason: Added date
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
A late arrival last night into Chicago scored me the Presidential Suite at the Conrad. Ironically I'd been reflecting on how tight they can be with pre-confirmed upgrades, only to see that in the app after getting off the plane. Managed 10 hours in the room in all but it was phenomenal, great views of the city, Magnificent Mile. First time to get a Presidential Suite upgrade and a very good hotel to get it at. Nice too on a $200 nightly rate. Topped a good run recently with Hilton (and some Intercontinentals after a long absence).
CMK10, Brandinho1 and Mel730 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Reporting in for my 8-stay diamond status challenge.

DoubleTree Johor Bahru - 3/3 Upgrade, 100% Suite (2x King One Bedroom, 1x King One Bedroom Deluxe)
Conrad Singapore - 2/2 Upgrade, 0% Suite (2x Executive King Room)
Hilton Singapore - 2/2 Upgrade, 0% Suite (1x Premium Room, 1x Executive Plus)
Hilton Garden Inn Singapore - 0/1 Upgrade
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
Hilton Vienna Danube: Booked 'King guest room', upgraded to a "King waterfront Suite"
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Hilton Omaha, NE downtown. One night, FD guy loved my lifetime Diamond card. Presidential Suite which was absolutely amazing!
IndyHoosier and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rrrrrich
A late arrival last night into Chicago scored me the Presidential Suite at the Conrad. Ironically I'd been reflecting on how tight they can be with pre-confirmed upgrades, only to see that in the app after getting off the plane. Managed 10 hours in the room in all but it was phenomenal, great views of the city, Magnificent Mile. First time to get a Presidential Suite upgrade and a very good hotel to get it at. Nice too on a $200 nightly rate. Topped a good run recently with Hilton (and some Intercontinentals after a long absence).
this is awesome and very surprising especially from this Conrad. Guess I will need to come in late and stay here 😂
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Brandinho1

this is awesome and very surprising especially from this Conrad. Guess I will need to come in late and stay here 😂
Add to that zero expectation. One swallow does not make a summer …
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.