Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chapmanj9
Hilton Dead Sea Resort in Jordan

balcony of junior suite

bedroom and sitting area

bathroom from King bed area

1 night stay, used pts and was upgraded before arrival to an Exec King. Asked for a suite upgrade upon arrival and received a junior suite
If you have a moment, perhaps you can post your thoughts on the Dead Sea thread. I’d be interested in knowing what you thought of the lounge, breakfast and F&B. Is the pontoon now open?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold, SW A-List
Maybe I should start asking as I can't recall the last time I was upgraded. Being a Diamond, and now a Lifetime Diamond, for so many years I guess I just go so used to being told that there were no upgrades available that I just stopped asking. One has certainly not been offered in a long time..
DJ_Iceman, limey1K and 0nFire like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Hampton Inn
Burlington, Iowa

Booked three nights with points (30K/night), upgraded to a king suite at check in. It's not glamorous, but it's a new property (opened June 2018) with a good staff.
Aldebaran likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Waldorf-Astoria Orlando.

Upgraded from a deluxe two queen to a King Golf View Suite. This was presented to me at an early check in. I have to say I'm shocked in the best way. Such suite upgrades are very few and far between for me these days.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Waldorf Astoria The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai - UAE

Upgraded from King Deluxe Room with Skyline View to Waldorf Astoria Suite with Sea View. Was initially offered a 1-level upgrade to deluxe room on checking in but were given the option of waiting until 17.30 for the suite to become available and cleaned up.

We were not entirely happy with the buffet breakfast offering at Mezzerie (WA's all day-dining restaurant at Lower Ground) but thankfully we had access to the Pearl Club Lounge which was really the saving grace for this entire stay... With this stay, can definitely confirm that there are better Hilton offerings available in Dubai like the Conrad or Hilton Habtoor City, won't be returning to the WA in a hurry...
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Del Mar 1K
Maybe I should start asking as I can't recall the last time I was upgraded. Being a Diamond, and now a Lifetime Diamond, for so many years I guess I just go so used to being told that there were no upgrades available that I just stopped asking. One has certainly not been offered in a long time..
I have never had a request for an upgrade granted. In 9 years as a Diamond, I've been upgraded twice, both at Hampton Inn & Suites.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by limey1K
I have never had a request for an upgrade granted. In 9 years as a Diamond, I've been upgraded twice, both at Hampton Inn & Suites.
You need to stay at different Hilton’s. In most cases I don’t have to even ask for an upgrade. Are you staying in the UK or US?
0nFire likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Conrad Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)

Booked 2 x King Deluxe Corner Rooms and received 2 x King Deluxe Suites on 42nd floor. Great stay as always with lovely staff looking after us - super convenient location for business and dining outside in the evenings...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Conrad Centennial Singapore. Booked 7 nights standard room reward (Deluxe King) for 3, upgraded to Executive King at OLCI. Asked politely about suite upgrade on arrival and got King Centennial suite for 3 of 7 nights. We’d already stayed in 2 other hotels on the trip, so switching rooms didn’t seem too much hassle for the family to enjoy a suite for a few nights.
0nFire likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Red face Leggo my upgrade!

Originally Posted by CMK10
Waldorf-Astoria Orlando.

Upgraded from a deluxe two queen to a King Golf View Suite. This was presented to me at an early check in. I have to say I'm shocked in the best way. Such suite upgrades are very few and far between for me these days.
ha Ha ha! Leggo my upgrade! I stayed at same hotel the same night as you (June 23?) and not only no upgrade fairy dust .... but instead I actually received a downgrade upon arrival. Online check-in showed a upgrade to a Disney view and then after exiting the elevator, I found my room on the opposite side of the corridor. LOL No Suite. No View. No Nada. However, I did receive the dreaded connecting door and wake-up call from little kiddies on the other side yammering at 6am to go see Mickey. Sigh.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Stayed two nights at Hilton park lane. Was offered a standard room on check in, as they were full and had no executive rooms available. After asking was given a one bedroom suite near the elevator.

stayed one night at Heathrow terminal four was upgrade to king executive a few days before. The day of check in I was upgraded to a very nice junior suite.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Enjoying my unsolicited suite upgrade at Hilton Cologne on the 7th/top floor. Here for two nights on a 78 euro rate.

Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
Enjoying my unsolicited suite upgrade at Hilton Cologne on the 7th/top floor. Here for two nights on a 78 euro rate.

Is that the duplex?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by hugolover
Is that the duplex?
Not sure what you mean there. It's a single large room with a loft type ceiling with a second set of high windows above.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, not to worry. There is a suite on two floors in Hilton Cologne. It's very nice. I stayed there 2006 and 2007 and I remember it well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.