Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:02 pm

I am looking to book the Millennium Hilton Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand for 5 or 6 nights for Christmas break. I understand that it is harder to upgrade to a suite for longer stays per previous posts. Do you think they would upgrade me if I booked a regular king/entry level room or would I get a better chance by booking a regular suite? Would it also be helpful if I brought snacks for the Hilton check in desk with snacks from my country?

Last edited by meiguoyungwai; Jun 3, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:30 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by meiguoyungwai
I am looking to book the Millennium Hilton Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand for 5 or 6 nights for Christmas break. I understand that it is harder to upgrade to a suite for longer stays per previous posts. Do you think they would upgrade me if I booked a regular king/entry level room or would I get a better chance by booking a regular suite? Would it also be helpful if I brought snacks for the Hilton check in desk with snacks from my country?
IME (having stayed here regularly since the hotel opened approx 12 years ago) this Hilton is not generous with upgrades. The shorter the stay the more likely your upgrade success. Yes, you will stand a better chance of upgrades if you book a higher category of room BUT this is highly dependant upon your Honors status at time of checkin. My last stay (3 nights) was upgraded to one of the best suites in the house but I DID ask upon checkin (otherwise I would have received the room I booked). Christmas Is absolute peak season in Thailand & your upgrade chances are therefore very hard to predict.

Bringing "gifts/snacks" for the staff is (to me, at least) a very, very odd notion & I would never even consider it.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:19 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by meiguoyungwai
Your question is specific to one property and you will get better information from the hotel thread rather than here.

That said, are you Hilton Diamond? Millenium Hilton Bangkok normally upgrades from the basic room to exec room which is not much of an upgrade so if you are looking for a meaningful upgrade do not book the basic room. There is information in the MH thread about upgrade strategies over there. But it might all be moot if you are going during Christmas because the hotel might be sold out.

Do not bring snacks if you have never met any of the staff.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Hilton Kozyatagi Istanbul
Upgraded from entry level room to one-bedroom executive apartment (after asking) on a 1 night paid stay.

Hilton Bakirkoy Istanbul
Pre-upgraded (in morning on arrival day) from entry level room to King executive 1 bedroom deluxe suite. Huge suite with a large sea view terrace. Nice! 1 night paid stay.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; SPG/Mar Platinum; UA Silver
Mid-May DoubleTree Portland, OR. Even though this was a work stay, the price was high and so I burned some points. I booked a larger king with a balcony for one night and did an e-checkin. They upgraded me at check-in to a governor's suite.

I consider this one to be an actual by-the-numbers, published-benefit upgrade as I did an e-checkin and I made no requests to management of any kind prior to arrival. I simply dropped in from the airport and was upgraded to a suite when I arrived.

I'm at 32 nights in 2019 with 47 roll-over nights from 2018.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
The LondonHouse; Chicago, IL - 2 night stay. Booked 1 king and received 1 king 1 bedroom suite - 1 night on a weekend certificate and 1 night on points. This was done proactively at check-in. The agent gave me the choice of a king suite or a premium room with river view. I chose the suite which was a good choice. For reference, the “02” suites are large and quiet, with a nice city view. They are near the elevators but nothing can be heard.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
The Palmer House Hilton, Chicago, IL - 1 night paid stay. Booked 1 king hip & historic and received large corner king room on executive floor. It’s not a suite per se, but it’s large with 2 full bathrooms and closets and a couch/sitting area with separate elevators to the floor so I consider this a good upgrade. I noticed it in the app a couple of days in advance of check-in.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Nothing too ground breaking, but I had a work conference at the Oakbrook Hilton in IL. I was upgraded to a "suite". They also had an executive lounge. My co-workers were definitely jealous of me.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Doubletree Johor Bahru (Malaysia), 2 night weekend stay.

Booked a King Guest Room (entry level room) and got upgraded to King One Bedroom Suite (entry-level suite) 1 day prior to arrival by messaging the hotel requesting for a suite upgrade via the Hilton App.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Adeilaide AUS hilton upgrade from reguelary roome to a king executive suites.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles Silver, United Mileage Plus Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hilton Dead Sea

Hilton Dead Sea Resort in Jordan

balcony of junior suite

bedroom and sitting area

bathroom from King bed area

1 night stay, used pts and was upgraded before arrival to an Exec King. Asked for a suite upgrade upon arrival and received a junior suite
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles Silver, United Mileage Plus Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus- 3 night stay in June, used points and was upgraded prior to arrival to an Exec King Bosphorus View. Had emailed the hotel ahead of check asking if any Diamond Suite upgrades were available and at check in was given 1 bedroom suite with 2 full baths.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Findlay, OH Hilton Garden Inn

Diamond member, I assume that I got upgraded to top floor Jacuzzi room.. I'm sure that I would have booked the cheapest room available. Front desk mentioned nothing about upgrade.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hilton London Wembley, booked a King guest room, emailed requesting a suite and pre-upgraded to 1 bedroom suite
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, DL Silver, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Avis PC
Hilton Downtown Miami - booked the basic king room. Upgraded at request at desk to a junior suite -- low-floor very large room with non-separate sitting area. Larger closet than usual. Smallish (standard older-model US Hilton) bathroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.