Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Booked a standard room on points at the Hilton Molino Stucky in Venice for 2 nights (stayed 2 weeks ago), was upgraded to a suite (bedroom and separate living room with a sort of hallway with kitchenette area separating them with a nice view across the canal to the city). Included breakfast and lounge access, which I think I would get anyway.

Nice hotel, I liked being away from the insanity across the canal with the hordes coming off the cruise ships but the hotel water shuttle was available basically every 20 minutes. Would stay here again.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
DELETED
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Hilton
Hilton Cologne, booked standard reward night for the basic room, the front desk got me upgraded to the junior suite before check in.

Hilton Mainz, booked standard reward night for the basic room, requested upgrade to junior suite successfully. I was searching for available room during checking in and specifically mentioned i saw availability on the app.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Hilton
I think we stayed in the same room
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by Del Mar 1K
Maybe I should start asking as I can't recall the last time I was upgraded. Being a Diamond, and now a Lifetime Diamond, for so many years I guess I just go so used to being told that there were no upgrades available that I just stopped asking. One has certainly not been offered in a long time..
Is hilton that bad?! At Marriot i usually am around 80% upgrade rate without ever asking… Just became hilton diamond on status match so was hoping to get some nice possibilities with them too. Do you not even get upgraded to the next best room (not suite but much bigger room then the cheapest booked)?!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Conrad Tokyo - 1 night base room and 1 night bay view room (FHR), both nights upgraded to King Bay View Suite.

Had to get into an ugly confrontation (especially for Japan) at check in to get it. FD tried to pull availability off the app, embarrassing us in return but yet eventually gave us the suite, so was not exactly happy with how they handled it. At least the suite had an amazing view with very well upkept hardware.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Conrad Tokyo - 1 night base room and 1 night bay view room (FHR), both nights upgraded to King Bay View Suite.

Had to get into an ugly confrontation (especially for Japan) at check in to get it. FD tried to pull availability off the app, embarrassing us in return but yet eventually gave us the suite, so was not exactly happy with how they handled it. At least the suite had an amazing view with very well upkept hardware.
not sure what you mean by an ugly confrontation, but you know you aren’t entitled to a suite, right? There should have been no confrontation at all unless you insisted on something you weren’t entitled to.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC

Yikes...This is all I will say. Confrontations about upgrades are never good since it's never a guarantee. I will add that having a good and pleasant attitude towards staff makes for a great stay.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:55 pm

Conrad Koh Samui
Booked Waterfront Villa (Level 100)
Upgraded to Ocean Retreat Villa (Level 300)

I inquired about getting an upgrade as a Diamond when I checked in. I was informed that the hotel was fully booked. However, they told me that they could move me the very next day to an Ocean Retreat Villa I happily accepted and I'm going to be moved in a couple of hours. I would like to add that I was nice, gracious, and humble when inquiring about an upgrade to a different category. It's not an entitlement, even as a Diamond member .
0nFire likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:57 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Heathrow Hilton T4

Booked Standard King Bed Room
Upgraded to King Junior Suite

I asked about an upgrade to a room with a little more space (the King Rooms here are quite tight, IMHO), as a Diamond, when I checked in (2 night stay). They told me that they could upgrade me to a King Junior Suite which I happily accepted. Another very solid stay here
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:27 am

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Booked: Deluxe King
Upgraded: Centennial Suite

Booked a Deluxe King for one night. Was upgraded upon arrival to a Centennial Suite.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by shuigao
Doubletree Johor Bahru (Malaysia), 2 night weekend stay.

Booked a King Guest Room (entry level room) and got upgraded to King One Bedroom Suite (entry-level suite) 1 day prior to arrival by messaging the hotel requesting for a suite upgrade via the Hilton App.
Stayed again at the Doubletree JB last weekend (1 night). Same booking, upgraded tot he King One Bedroom Deluxe Suite without asking.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:10 am

I'm a Diamond member and I just booked a stay here through the Hilton app. It listed some of the Diamond benefits available to me as part of my reservation confirmation and one said Complimentary Room Upgrade (if available) and then noted Napua Tower not included or something to that effect. I've seen a few data points from people lately that included them being upgraded to Napua Tower rooms. Is this some sort of change?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itisme
Is hilton that bad?! At Marriot i usually am around 80% upgrade rate without ever asking… Just became hilton diamond on status match so was hoping to get some nice possibilities with them too. Do you not even get upgraded to the next best room (not suite but much bigger room then the cheapest booked)?!
It is. I make Diamond by stays (last year 42) and in the past 16 months I've had five upgrades. Of which only one (the WA Orlando) was anything special. The other four were at an airport DT to a junior suite, an airport HGI to a suite and then another HGI and a badly located DT on business trips.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
the Diamond status has really not delivered for me in general, will not bother trying to attain status again

I think my account is at 27 nights now

not been given any significant upgrades to date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.