Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
Curio by Hilton - Hagia Sofia Mansions (Istanbul). I’m here currently - this is its first week as a Hilton property, apparently.

Upgraded to a nice suite in the main building. Incredibly (honestly probably the best I have ever received) attentive hotel staff throughout the whole stay.

Last edited by razzaba; Nov 20, 2019 at 12:59 pm
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:59 pm

Hilton Manila about a month and a half ago. Two nights, nice large suite.

Last edited by razzaba; Nov 20, 2019 at 1:10 pm
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:02 pm

Conrad Manila - large suite for 2 nights. I preferred this hotel to the Hilton (above).

cbourl likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
Hilton KL Sentral - AU$145 or so a night basic room, upgraded to a cavernous suite that could comfortably billet an infantry company.

Room 3207.

If you're a female Romanian gymnast and in town, feel free to knock on the door.
I’ve stayed here 5x in the past 18 months. I have never not gotten upgraded to the suite you are talking about - the “curved” room at the end of the hall. Also one of the best breakfasts of any Hilton I’ve stayed at (though I felt when I was there about 3 weeks ago that it had slightly slipped) . Conrad Singapore is maybe a sliver better.
shillard likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by razzaba
Hilton Manila about a month and a half ago. Two nights, nice large suite.

The GM is one of the best I know of any hotel. I got to know him from his days at DT Johor Bahru. Sadly that places had taken a turn (though not awful, nowhere close to what it used to be).
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by razzaba
I’ve stayed here 5x in the past 18 months. I have never not gotten upgraded to the suite you are talking about - the “curved” room at the end of the hall. Also one of the best breakfasts of any Hilton I’ve stayed at (though I felt when I was there about 3 weeks ago that it had slightly slipped) . Conrad Singapore is maybe a sliver better.
I've been given the President Suite (2 floor level unit) multiple times. Bedroom is on one floor and living area/office on the lower floor.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:21 pm

I'm thinking about booking this for Dec 13-16. Were your dates on the weekends?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:47 am
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

I guess I can also report non-success here. Hilton Tokyo.

Early Nov:
Hotel: "Sorry we are fully booked. But (pulling out a tablet and a folder with pictures of rooms) here is a suite you can upgrade to for payment."
Me: "How much?" (but in my head wondering what fully booked means)
Hotel: "It will be ($110) per night and you will have access to the lounge"
Me: "But I already have access to the lounge as diamond. No thank you"
Hotel: "Because you are diamond, we can do a special rate for you..."
I ended this at this point.

Last week:
Hotel: "We are giving you an upgrade to an executive room."
Me: "Isn't that the same room as I booked but with access to the lounge?"
Hotel: "yes, and as diamond you have lounge access already"
Me: "Yes, thank you. So how is that an upgrade?"
Hotel: "That's an upgrade room from what you booked."

Next trip last week of December, Cancelled Hilton and booked Hyatt Regency next door.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by planes&trains
I guess I can also report non-success here. Hilton Tokyo.

Early Nov:
Hotel: "Sorry we are fully booked. But (pulling out a tablet and a folder with pictures of rooms) here is a suite you can upgrade to for payment."
Me: "How much?" (but in my head wondering what fully booked means)
Hotel: "It will be ($110) per night and you will have access to the lounge"
Me: "But I already have access to the lounge as diamond. No thank you"
Hotel: "Because you are diamond, we can do a special rate for you..."
I ended this at this point.

Last week:
Hotel: "We are giving you an upgrade to an executive room."
Me: "Isn't that the same room as I booked but with access to the lounge?"
Hotel: "yes, and as diamond you have lounge access already"
Me: "Yes, thank you. So how is that an upgrade?"
Hotel: "That's an upgrade room from what you booked."

Next trip last week of December, Cancelled Hilton and booked Hyatt Regency next door.
It really says a lot about Hilton when you read these repeated data points. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you and it mirrors my experiences.

You either lock down your status perks so your properties cannot scam (and whats happening is a scam) your guests, or reap the terrible publicity you keep receiving.

I just had a four night stay this week at Hyatt Andaz Amasterdam and my expectations were BLOWN AWAY by the value I received, complete opposite experience in every way from my Hilton Conrad experiences. No chain is perfect, that's for sure, but some sure are consistently worse than others..
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Hilton hotels rarely honor Diamond status. I have personally been told at things like "We can't give you an upgrade but you can pay for an upgraded room". "Let check out not permitted because the next guest expects to be in the room on time and it needs to be cleaned." "Diamond does not guarantee lounge access". It is a joke. Do this to earn that. You do this and they refuse to give you what they promise.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Litig8r1104
Hilton hotels rarely honor Diamond status. I have personally been told at things like "We can't give you an upgrade but you can pay for an upgraded room". "Let check out not permitted because the next guest expects to be in the room on time and it needs to be cleaned." "Diamond does not guarantee lounge access". It is a joke. Do this to earn that. You do this and they refuse to give you what they promise.
I've had about 6 different stays at various Hilton & Conrad hotels in the U.S. & internationally within the past several months. This includes the Hilton Atlanta, Conrad FL Beach Resort, Hilton FL Beach Resort, Conrad Koh Samui, Conrad NY Downtown, and the Conrad SIngapore. I'm Diamond. All but one were fantastic stays (Hilton Atlanta was average). I can say that my status was always honored. I have received comp room upgrades at each property. I was also given late checkout at each property as well (at the Conrad Singapore, I was given a 6pm late checkout & given the Centennial Suite from the basic room). I always received my perks/benefits and extra at these properties.

I know that when I encounter staff, I'm always gracious and pleasant. I don't throw around my Diamond status as if it is some royal title. I'm not saying that is what you do, but just giving you my own experiences. Kindness goes a very long way.
NoY and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Life Time Titanium Elite/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Nobody needs to throw Diamond status around. The Hotels know already. The Diplomat, The WA in Key West, Conrad downtown Chicago and others have all refused to honor it. Also the WA Casa Marina in Key West, FL was the worst- mold on luggage rack and all over walls, dirty sheets- Had to request clean sets and it took over 2 hours to get them, rust running down wall from wall mounted fire sprinkler, ants all over the room (with one of my family getting multiple bites requiring an urgent Care visit), no late check out, no free breakfast of any type, chunks of concrete missing from concrete stairs to next level, and on and on. Then I complain and they say oh we are sorry. Then I go to corporate and they tell me there is not much than can be done. Several days later I received a $100 Amex Hilton Giftcard in the mail. The complaint was checked for me and I was told it said it was closed, customer was compensated and happy. I was not happy at all, and compensation was not discussed.

It is not about being nice....it is about customer service, and about providing the additional amenities and services you promise to provide if certain criteria are met (from lowest level to highest level). Plain and simple- if you are not going to honor a status level do not offer it. It is not hard.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront resort. Booked a double queen room with points for a quick weekend getaway and upon check they said everything was in the room and gave us the keys. I figured we got upgraded but did not know to what. Well, we got the largest suite in the hotel on floor 16 and had a welcome sign for "VIP Guests of the Day" which included two VIP pins. Not sure what that means or what the pins are for but can't complain about the room.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:37 am

Conrad Singapore - booked 1 King standard and wanted two twins. Upgraded to 2 twin premium high floor facing the marina.

Waldorf Beijing - booked 1 King Deluxe, upgraded to a large King Premier Suite.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Mexico City Reforma (28 Nov - 02 Dec): Booked a 1 KING BED STANDARD room, was already upgraded at app check-in the day before to a LATINO TOWER VIEW KING SIZE BED JR. SUITE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.