Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[email protected]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2002, 1:01 pm

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
[email protected] 2002 Update

All,

I have sent 2 emails to [email protected]
this week (One Monday night and a second Thursday night)relating to problems having airline miles post to my Hhonors account and have not recieved a reply.

Are you fellow FTers having the same issue the last couple of weeks with [email protected]? I have read through a few older threads about the great service some of you have recieved in 2001 from [email protected] but I wonder what is going on as of March 2002.

Old Mar 8, 2002, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi capetown,
This week has been a very good one for me personally.
I sent an email to [email protected] on Monday regarding my HHonors Gold card.
When checked my email on Wednesday I had a reply from them ( Kirsten) which had been sent Tuesday ( time difference) saying the card was being sent out . (The card had arrived on Tuesday by snail mail) I replied and the same evening they replied saying treat the one coming as a dupliccate. Today (Friday) the Gold card came by Fedex.
This was my first time using [email protected] and was extremely impressed by the response. Well Done to all!!
Old Mar 8, 2002, 2:47 pm

Yes, same issue and also two e-mails. Please note, they have addressed all my concerns in the past. I feel for the most part they provide a great service and this will work its self out! My FF miles is with CO

[This message has been edited by irelandsnow (edited 03-08-2002).]
Old Mar 8, 2002, 2:52 pm

Location: Mesa, AZ USA - UA Prem Ex- SPG Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriot Platinum - Avis Chairman - National EE
The Banking Scot

Thanks for the reply...your type of experience is moreso what I had expected when I wrote Flyertalk this week but as of this afternoon, still no reply.

Can one of you who have had luck send an email to [email protected] and let them know that a couple of FT'ers have yet to receive a response to their queries? (Relating to Continental miles) They can write us back at the email addresses on our profiles.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by capetown (edited 03-08-2002).]
Old Mar 8, 2002, 4:09 pm

I can only speak from past experience, but it has been good. The first request for missing stays was taken care of in 12 hours. Since then, they have gotten a little slower, however they are usually taken care of in 72 hours.

Have not had any experience in requesting missing miles.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 5:56 pm

What a world!!! Kristy just called a while ago about the FF double point lssue, more on Continentals (CO) part than Hilton. My ff miles did post but no double ff miles, Co will take care of it. Some times it takes longer, they are very sincere in what they do!
Old Mar 8, 2002, 7:14 pm

Is there a double points bonus going on with transfering Continental miles to HHonors? Is there a special code? Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 7:45 pm

No CO bonus. Just the HHonors double FF miles for stays Jan-Feb-Mar. My issue was the that the FF miles did not post double to CO. Sorry
Old Mar 8, 2002, 8:53 pm

Wow,

I am glad someone got in touch with you today
Ireland Snow.

But I still have no correspondence from [email protected].

Can someone send me an email offline with Kristy's email address so I can write her directly?

My email address is in my profile.

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2002, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Sent an e-mail to clear up to [email protected] a week ago to get credit for some miles and pointss due for over a year, Within 3 days the expected points posted and the 3k plus miles were deposited in my wifes NWA account.
Was very pleased with prompt response since I was expecting a request for more documentation etc.
Mike
Old Mar 9, 2002, 7:33 am

[email protected] I'm sure she will try and help.
Old Apr 1, 2002, 12:56 pm

No help from [email protected] OR Adam Burke

I've been trying since 1/21 to set my AmEx Membership Rewards number as my preferred "mileage" earning partner. I was really pleased to see this offer as it takes me alot longer to earn AmEx points than ff miles. This is my last shot before moving my business. Here's my saga:
1/21: Tried to change preferred parner online. Didn't work, so I sent HHonors an e-mail.
2/2: Received response that they were working on it (allow 2-5 days for resolution).
2/18: Sent another e-mail requesting status.
2/19: Received response promising that my issue would be resolved. Was told that a critical message was sent to the credit card liason. Was also told, "as long as you give them your hhonors number you will receive points for your stay". (Perhaps it was naive of me to assume she meant my AmEx points here). Was told to e-mail back in a few days for status.
2/22: Sent e-mail requesting status.
2/25: Received response thanking me for my extreme patience and assuring me that everything was being done to resolve within the next 2 weeks.
3/2: Following 3 recent stays, checked my profile online for credits. Sure enough, my Airline was credited miles instead of my AmEx Membership Rewards. In every case, I gave my AmEx # and usually had to explain the program at check-in. By this point, I was pretty furious. I lost 10,000 NWA miles on their partner program last year thanks to Hilton who didn't recognize NWA as my preferred partner -- after multiple requests they offered to move the miles as a one-time exception that never occured.
Sent an e-mail back to my contact explaining the situation and once again requested resolution.
3/5: Received a response that "miles have already been sent to your airline we can unfortunately not retrieve those miles back into your account."
3/5: Forwarded this e-mail chain to "[email protected]" explaining situation.
3/18: Sent another e-mail to "[email protected]" requesting acknowledgment of receipt of my issue (wasn't sure I had the right address).
3/19: Forwarded e-mail chain to "[email protected]" requesting resolution.
4/1: No response yet.
Is this any way to treat a customer????
In the past, Hilton has been my preferred hotel, but I'm beginning to question the value. Personally, the points and miles earned don't seem to be quite as valuable when you have to fight to earn them as advertised.
Woooo --- I feel much better after venting Thanks for listening.
Janet

Old Apr 1, 2002, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Good luck.

Adam Burke responds when convenient.

If you have spent anytime on the Starwood forum you get spoiled by how effective Willaim Sanders is in addressing every issue and concern brought up. You might not like the answer or response, but you always get one.

I wish all hotel companies realized how valuable a representative on these pages can be.
Old Apr 1, 2002, 2:55 pm

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX AA PlatPro, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum,
Janet

If I were you,

First, I would call the manager of the HHonors Program Stacy Strickland.
Her Direct # is 972-770-6076

If she doesn't call you back, call corporate headquarters in Beverly Hills, CA - ask for Jeff Diskin - he is in charge of the HHONORS program. You might get his voicemail - but I can assure you that you will get a phone call.

His number is 310-278-4321.

Hope that helps. . .

[This message has been edited by AAdvantageGuy (edited 04-01-2002).]
Old Apr 1, 2002, 4:31 pm

jnexplores:

Don't be to harsh - Adam Burke is/was not in the office for some time.
I did sent an e-mail to Adam Burke two, three weeks or so ago. Long time no responce. Then an e-mail from an assistant to Adam Burke .... Sorry, Adam Burke is not in the office, he did not open e-mails ..... However, we will help. Within hours a call from Hilton Customer Service and within a day another e-mail from Adam Burke's office.
I got the help I was asking for. All agents where very friendly and professional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.