Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyMiles to Hilton Honors Points Conversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyMiles to Hilton Honors Points Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2000, 1:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Delta to Hilton

For anyone as uninformed as I, you call Delta, not Hilton to make point exchanges of Delta miles to Hilton. You can only excange in 5,000 point increments. You get 2-4-1. Delta sends you a certificate and then you send that to Hilton.

Hilton phone wait, 16 minutes, but the estimate was 13, so not so bad given I new what I was in for. Wait at Delta, less that 60 seconds. Both people were polite, professional and helpful.
Old Sep 13, 2000, 3:39 pm

DL miles to HHonors xchange Question

Does anyone know if I can exchange DL miles from my account to another persons HHonors account? It appears that the DL to HH exchange is done by issuance of a certificate. So, is there a name on it? Or can you designate the name of the recipient into whose account you want to transfer miles? What about other airline to HHonors exchanges for different peoples' accounts?
Old Sep 14, 2000, 4:20 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I think it is possible. A long time ago my parents transferred miles to their HH program and their miles in two different Delta accounts went to one Hilton account. This was a long time ago though (I think at the time Delta needed 40K miles for a domestic RT).
Old Sep 14, 2000, 5:15 pm
Original Member

PG - Married couples can have a single Hhonors account that they can both contribute to (by reward exchange, earning points at Hiltons and for earning elite status). Given that, the case you cite may be different from what myleguy wants to do. Unfortunately, it is a while since I have transferred DL points to HH myself, so I don't remember if the certs have a name on them.

[This message has been edited by james (edited 09-14-2000).]
Old Sep 14, 2000, 8:18 pm

I transferred some DL miles to HHonors points a few months ago. The member's name is shown on the award certificate. In addition, the certificate is non-transferable.
Old Sep 15, 2000, 4:32 am

Thanks UpInTheAir. Sounds like it won't work. I may keep working on this and will post if I can figure out a way to do it.
Old Sep 15, 2000, 11:41 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
In the case of my parents, they have separate HH accounts which are not tied together. I think what happened was that they mailed their certificates together with their respective HH account numbers, but HH simply deposited the two points in one account.

Is there a way to ask Delta to issue the certificate in someone else's name?
Old Mar 28, 2001, 10:46 am

Delta Miles --> HH

I recently transferred miles from a Delta account that I never use to Honors. I received the certificate and mailed it to Honors about three weeks ago. The points have yet to post -- should I be concerned yet?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Mar 28, 2001, 11:13 am

smk219 -- I wouldn't worry too much yet. My recent DL --> HH transfer took about 5 weeks since I've mailed the cert to HHonors. They used to process those transfers much faster though (took about 2 weeks about a year and a half ago).

If you need those points for an award, you should call HHonors CS and explain the situation. More than likely they would issue an award for you while waiting for that transfer to get credited to your account.
Old Mar 28, 2001, 12:48 pm

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
smk219:
You should have no problem if you are trying to get an award issued. I have some CO miles that are being transferred over, and they issued the award to me after I told them that the miles from CO were on the way. I don't know if/how they verify that the miles are on the way there, but CO takes about 60 days for their "electronic" transfer. UA only took me 8 days!
Used the miles to get a TEEN award for 6 free nights at Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix.
Old Apr 27, 2001, 9:58 pm

Transferring Skymiles to HHonors points

Is it possible to exchange Delta Skymiles for Hilton Honors points? If so, what do I need to do?
Old Apr 27, 2001, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Sorry, duplicate posting.

[This message has been edited by BL1KITW (edited 04-27-2001).]
Old Apr 27, 2001, 11:06 pm

cheerladie, here's a link to the Hilton HHonors web site that explains how to do it. http://www.hilton.com/hhonors/rewards/exchange_1.html

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Apr 27, 2001, 11:08 pm

Sorry, duplicate posting

[This message has been edited by BL1KITW (edited 04-27-2001).]
Old Apr 28, 2001, 10:48 am

cheerladie -- For more information see this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001442.html

And welcome to the Board!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.