Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyMiles to Hilton Honors Points Conversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyMiles to Hilton Honors Points Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2002, 9:23 am
Sig

If you mean is it possible for you to sign up several fake people with delta's 10000 miles new customer bonus, then transfer all those miles to your Hilton account, then I hope not. That would be fraud, plain and simple.
Old Sep 6, 2002, 10:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Belgian in Paris:
Is it possible to transfer some of my Delta Miles in the HH account of a friend or a family member ? Or is it possible only in mine ?</font>
You can only transfer miles to your individual or joint accounts. But you can use those points to get an award for anyone you like.

Hope this helps,

AndrewM
Old Sep 7, 2002, 5:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sig:
If you mean is it possible for you to sign up several fake people with delta's 10000 miles new customer bonus, then transfer all those miles to your Hilton account, then I hope not. That would be fraud, plain and simple.</font>
I like this board's ethics, not just in this forum, but in all of them. (But clearly, nobody who agrees with me is qualified to run a major company, much less a major telecom firm.)

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 09-08-2002).]
Old Sep 7, 2002, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Belgian in Paris:

Is it possible to transfer some of my Delta Miles in the HH account of a friend or a family member? Or is it possible only in mine?</font>
Yes, you and your spouse can have a joint HH account AFAIK. Not sure of the rule for children living at same address, but recall it is spouse only?

If you buy some flowers on 1-800-Flowers with DL card #, and activate the HH accounts with sign up/update bonus, (assuming you do not have accounts already), you and your spouse will eventually have about 30,000 HH miles in your joint account - 24,600 of them from DL.

What does that get you? Well seeing you live in Europe, it can get you SIX free nights until year end at Scandic Hotels, who do operate out of both France and Belgium IIRC. And certainly right across super-expensive Scandinavia. These free Scandic rooms run up to $US800 a night to book direct as others (myself included!) have reported here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/004734.html

------------------
~ Glen ~ Calling all United 1K Members - please join .. www.1Kflyers.com

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 09-07-2002).]
Old Sep 27, 2002, 1:38 am

Programs: AA, DL, HH, NW, UA, SPG
Ja,
if you did something like this it would be vewy, vewy bad and you would go to hell where you would be spanked by Sig and his friends for eternity.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sig:
If you mean is it possible for you to sign up several fake people with delta's 10000 miles new customer bonus, then transfer all those miles to your Hilton account, then I hope not. That would be fraud, plain and simple.</font>
Old Sep 27, 2002, 2:12 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Oh my god ....
Old Sep 27, 2002, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
you and your spouse will eventually have about 30,000 HH miles in your joint account - 24,600 of them from DL.

What does that get you? Well seeing you live in Europe, it can get you SIX free nights until year end at Scandic Hotels
</font>
Old Sep 27, 2002, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Soory, clicked the wrong button. I meant to ask ozstamps if he has confirmation that someone has received a 3-night 15,000 point Point Stretcher at a Scandic. I would love for it to be so, but all I've read so far is 25,000 for three nights, or your basic Opportunity-level award.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 11:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
my daughter's Delta miles to my Hhonors?

Recently I sent in two Delta certs (20,000 points each) to be deposited to my Hilton account. One had my name and one had my daughter's name. She is 10 years old. I have been told that they are sending her cert back to us because they can not deposit her points in my account.

Has anyone else been able to get their kids miles into their Hilton account?

Thanks, Tom
Old Oct 24, 2002, 11:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tk007:
I have been told that they are sending her cert back to us because they can not deposit her points in my account.</font>
That's right, names must match to transfer DL miles into HH points. Let your daughter open her own HH account, if done online, she'll get 1,000 bonus points, then quarterly updates generate up to 4,000 points a year. She'll earn enough HH points for a free stay (that any of you can use) in no time!
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Technically ( ) one must be at least 18 years old to become an HHonors member.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I was told via e-mail by Hhonors that I should ask Delta to transfer my daughters miles to my account. (Fat Chance)

Tom
Old Oct 24, 2002, 2:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cactuspete:
Technically ( ) one must be at least 18 years old to become an HHonors member. </font>
While online signing form requires the signee to confirm that he/she is at least 18 years old, official HHonors Terms and Conditions do not have such a requirement.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 2:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tk007:
I was told via e-mail by Hhonors that I should ask Delta to transfer my daughters miles to my account. </font>
This does not make much sense, since DL does not actually transfer miles to HH electronically, but rather issue an award certificate for a certain number of HH points.

As far as I am aware, DL does not allow issuing such an award in any other name than the DL account holder (unlike actual flying awards that can be issued in other names). On the other hand, I do not know if anyone actually challenged DL CSR on this. Perhaps, you may try to do so (calling DL and asking if they can issue a Z992 award in your name from your daughter's account. In the worst case, they'll say no.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Well, your daughter can always get an award from Hilton HHonors in your name, so if you deposit it in her account, you can still access the points. [The easy, normal way.]

As I was thinking, if you have the same initials, then a clever work around is as follows:

1. Your name is Helena Smith and your daugthers name is Helen Smith.

2. You open a secondary account under the name H. Smith for yourself.

3. Get the Certificate in your daughters names Helen Smith with the same address as yours. [This should not be a problem as you just have to update all of the HHonors and Skymiles accounts to have the same address.]

4. In your new H. Smith Hilton HHonors account, add your daughters skymiles number as your "preffered partner" number.

4. Mail the certificate in with a letter asking to deposit "your" (actually your daughter Helen Smith's) certificate into your H. Smith (new) Hilton Hhonors account number XXXX.

5. The certificate should post about 10 days after mailing.

6. Change the Delta skymiles partner number in your H. Smith account to be the same as your original Hilton HHonoros Helena Smith Account.

6. Ask Hilton to merge your Helean and H. Smith accounts accounts.

[This message has been edited by GUWonder (edited 10-24-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.