Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyMiles to Hilton Honors Points Conversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyMiles to Hilton Honors Points Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2003, 1:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
I have no reason to doubt information provided by posters in this thread.</font>
To be clear, I have no reason to doubt the posters, either. And I suspect the information provided herein is true.

What I don't like is that HHonors is not communicating with us (again). Also, we know that rumors and misinformation can be passed on as fact, often from within the HHonors organization. thissucks' recent phone call bears that out, when he was told you didn't have to transfer in 5,000 mile increments.

I would simply ask that anybody providing info or confirmation of info to please cite your source(s), as most of you have. And I'll be grateful when it is officially announced, somewhere, anywhere.

Regarding Double Dipping, there is plenty of precedence for other airline partners participating in Double Dipping (over 40 airlines) and not Reward Exchange (only 12 programs, including Delta). So it is easy to imagine this would be the case for Delta.

Delta used to participate Airline Rewards but pulled back from that a while ago without dumping Double Dipping, and is only now (presumably) dumping Reward Exchange, but not necessarily DD.

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 01-22-2003).]
Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Can family member's DL miles be transferred into my Hilton HHonors account?
Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dream7:
Can family member's DL miles be transferred into my Hilton HHonors account?</font>
No, unless you have a Mutual Fund HH account with that family member. At least officially, that family member must be legally married to you, although several FT'ers reported that no proof of marriage was required from them.

&lt;Edited to provide a more detailed explanation&gt;

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 01-22-2003).]
Old Jan 22, 2003, 4:09 pm

Amtrak is still a good choice for double dipping along with the free MBNA Master Card
Old Jan 22, 2003, 4:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by palex:
Amtrak is still a good choice for double dipping </font>
With 25,000 yearly cap on transfers from Amtrak, I have to disagree with that suggestion, sorry.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 8:43 pm

At least it's good for the first 50 Hilton stays. Assuming you will use it solely to accumulate miles for double dipping. Points from Amtrak post usually within 1-2 days.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 8:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by palex:
along with the free MBNA Master Card </font>
At least it's good for the first 50 Hilton stays. </font>
That's assuming no charges on your MBNA Amtrak card, right?

But seriously, if you use the card (and I most certainly do, especially outside of the US, because of MBNA's policy on transactions in foreign currencies), you reach annual cap pretty fast even without HH double dips going to Amtrak.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 5:46 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum
delta skymiles to HH conversion question

I have about 125K delta skymiles and am wondering what the advantage would be to conver them to HH miles..My main priority would be air travel to europe. delta would require 50k miles to go to europe and it looks like HH would require 150k/2=75k. Can anyone shed some light?
thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2003, 6:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dkc71:
I have about 125K delta skymiles and am wondering what the advantage would be to conver them to HH miles..My main priority would be air travel to europe. delta would require 50k miles to go to europe and it looks like HH would require 150k/2=75k. Can anyone shed some light?
thanks!
</font>
dkc71 -- Welcome to Flyertalk!

For you, converting DL miles into HH points would most likely make very little sense.

At the same time, different people have different priorities. Some people have an excess amount of airline miles but limited amount of hotel points.

Also, for those having Mutual Fund HH account, this is the opportunity to convert miles from several accounts into a single HH account.

For example, you have 15,000 DL miles, 10,000 UA miles and 10,000 CO miles and your spouse has 10,000 DL miles, 15,000 AA miles and 15,000 MX kms. Sitting in their respective accounts, they don't do you much good. Combined together, they can be exchanged for 150,000 HH points, giving you either one free ticket to Europe, or (until June 1, 2003), 6 free nights at a Premium Hilton property like Hilton Paris, France, or Langham Hilton, London.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 9:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I was on a phone with the Delta agent, requesting to transfer my DL miles to HH and she mentioned that the last day for such transfers is 2/28/03.</font>
Although I haven't yet had any redemption plans dashed, I am starting to feel like Indiana Jones with that giant stone rolling toward me as I run to stay ahead of it...
Old Jan 24, 2003, 2:29 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by palex:
[b]I was on a phone with the Delta agent, requesting to transfer my DL miles to HH and she mentioned that the last day for such transfers is 2/28/03. Called back to Hhonors CS and they confirmed these news. Very bad news. My next step - I will discontinue the use of AMEX Delta.

Delta is a 2 step transfer. You must request the certificate, and it takes a long time to get it, and then mail it to the HH center. What actually must take place before 2/28/03?

[This message has been edited by sergio (edited 01-24-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sergio:
it takes a long time to get it</font>
I would not consider 3 to 7 days (based on my experience, as well as many other posts on FT) a long time. In fact, DL --&gt; HH transfers are the fastest out of all participating airlines, even with the two-step process.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
1. What is MBNA's policy on transactions in foreign currencies

2. What is # to call delta to get miles out
Old Jan 24, 2003, 11:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
What is MBNA's policy on transactions in foreign currencies</font>
No bank-imposed surcharge for transactions in foreign currencies beyond the 1% imposed by VISA and MasterCard. Many other banks tack on extra fees of 1 or even 2 more % on top of that.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
What is # to call delta to get miles out</font>
1-800-323-2323, or, if you are an elite member with DL, the special services number on your card.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 12:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
DL --&gt; HH transfers are the fastest out of all participating airlines, even with the two-step process.</font>
As someone who regularly sweeps all FF accounts into HH every 5K miles, I second that motion. Too bad this thread makes it irrelevant.

(Why do I do this? Because my home airport is not dominated by any carrier. So it would be inconvenient, expensive, and time consuming to build up enough miles in any FF account for a flight. Even with award inflation, this feature, combined with mutual fund and the extensive number of HH properties, keeps me coming back for more.

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 01-24-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.