Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by ellielou
Just wanted to thank everyone again. How did we ever book hotels in advance before the internet?!

Well I used the AAA book and the phone

If you want cheap point stays in PHX a lot of the hamptons are OPP ( 7500 point a nite) properties
Old Apr 2, 2005, 3:38 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Anybody ever stayed at the Hampton in Kayenta?

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Stayed there a few years ago. Was fine, if standard.

If you're coming/going from the Four Corners area, there is a Hampton Inn in Kayenta AZ, about 150 miles away.
http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hote...tyhocn=KAYAZHX
Old Apr 2, 2005, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Anybody ever stayed at the Hampton in Kayenta?
I've stayed there a few times. Nice Hampton. Only two or three years old. Acknowledged my diamond status at checkin, no upgrade but I didn't care and there isn't really anything to upgrade to at a Hampton.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:37 pm

Think Flagstaff and Sedona

Stayed at Hilton Sedona and was wowed with amenities, health club, golf, and views. Who needed the Grand Canyon?
Did one night also at HGI Flagstaff on the way to GC. Very good property but beware - there is no signage to find the place after dark.
GC is great, but Sedona is awesome.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:51 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I've stayed there a few times. Nice Hampton. Only two or three years old. Acknowledged my diamond status at checkin, no upgrade but I didn't care and there isn't really anything to upgrade to at a Hampton.
Thanks much!
Old Sep 27, 2005, 6:40 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Phoenix Tapatio Cliffs vs. Sedona Resort

Yes, yes, I know there are similar comparisons below. And after searching, both seem to be fine choices.
My specific question - we would like to spend couple days over Thanksgiving at one of these. Has anything special been done at these resorts in the past, to favor one over the other? We are a couple, and interested in a nice dining experience for the holiday. Any thoughs would be appreciated.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 7:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Hi there, spent a night a both of them last month.

Tapatio was perfectly fine, but probably better for families, big pool, fun water slide, property a little old, but a great room rate, watch out for the rooms just under the air conditioning units. The differente pointe of view restaurant was closed the night we were there, but it looked lovely.

Sedona was really lovely (but more expensive), loved the spa, and the views of the red rocks were amazing. Had great fun on the pink jeep tour. Probably more suited to couples.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Keep in mind that the weather will play a very big part also. I usually get to Sedona at twice every year between Nov-March. Didnt this past year due to all the rain and cold weather that they experienced.

I would agree that Sedona is property-wise a better choice( albeit a much smaller Resort) but a much worse choice if its cold or raining. And Sedona offers an outdoors-person alot more to choose from, but although its in AZ it wont be warm as it will be in PHX.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 9:46 pm

I stayed at both a couple of years back. I enjoyed Sedona much more. I think it is more of a romantic mountain resort. Tapatio Cliffs is larger, more family oriented, and definately not as cozy. But, it depends what you are looking for. Sedona is peaceful, secludded, with gas fireplaces in the rooms (at least the one I was in).

If you are set on the Phoenix area, I would check out the Doubletree La Posada in Scottsdale. I also stayed there and it was my favorite in the Phoenix area. Lots of nice dining in Scottsdale as well.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 11:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by zete
Tapatio Cliffs is larger, more family oriented, and definately not as cozy. But, it depends what you are looking for.
I'd agree with that. I prefer Sedona both as a destination and as a hotel. I don't think the dining options at the Sedona Hilton are all that good, but there are other options. The restaurant at the Enchantment Resort is supposed to be great, but I don't have any first hand experience.

Tapatio is a nice hotel, but nothing special. Lot's of eating choices within driving distance.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by sammy343
I did a search and saw that people said nice things about the Doubletree Hotel Tucson-Reid Park and the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador.

What HH property do people think is the best one (based on whatever criteria one thinks) in Tucson?

The Hilton Tucson East has a AAA rate of $59/night for the weekend of July 15-18 and the Doubletree Hotel Tucson-Reid Park has a AAA rate of $75/night. Is one of these better than the other, in terms of condition or amenities for HH Gold members?

$59/night is tough to beat, although I bet they don't get much business in Tucson on July weekends. However, if one of these hotels is better than another, I wouldn't mind spending more money.
Beware Tucson Doubletree- they have continuing renovations and most Tower rooms are worn out and tacky to say the least. If you want air conditioning that works, stay elsewhere, but they do have a great free buffet for diamond members!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
My personal favorite (though admittedly I haven't visited the others ) is the Doubletree Suites in East Tucson. Got a sweet room there for $25/day on priceline. Huge 2 room suite with separate bedroom. Ya really can't beat that for the price, especially on a holiday weekened.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 1K, CO PLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG PLAT, Hyatt PLAT
Whenever I go to TUS, I stay at the Marriott Starr Pass. Top notch hotel, super service, nice course, and worth forgoing the points/nights...
Old Oct 20, 2005, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Maybe I've just had bad luck, but every time I've stayed at the Hilton Tucson East, the air-conditioning unit has not only been incredibly loud but has made a constant "woom-woom-woom" noise rather than white noise, through which I can almost always sleep no matter how loud. And in the summer in Tucson there's no question of doing without the air conditioning.

Even though the Hilton Tucson East is only 1600 m from my parents' house, I eventually gave up and started booking the Doubletree instead.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 2:34 pm

Programs: WN CP, A list+; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite
The last time I satyed at the Hilton Tucson East I had a nice room with quiet air. They even had a special offer for Diamond members. You could pick 2000 bonus points, a bottle of wine or chocolates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.