Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:30 pm

I've stayed at the Doubletree and the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff. The rooms at both hotels are typical of their kind. I've been put into smoking rooms in this ES (as a Gold, but not as a Diamond) despite a non-smoking reservation- obviously more of an issue for busy times. The ES provides the customary cook-to-order breakfast, while the DT provides a completely workable buffet for Gold and Diamond members. Neither hotel is in a particularly walkable area, nor would you consider either one being particularly isolated. It's just that the restaurants and the town itself are spread out. Thus, a car is recommended. I don't recall getting around being difficult.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
I stayed at the DoubleTree and HGI, I preferred the HGI, felt newer and seemed fresher, free breakfast was good also.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Anybody stay at the DT or ES in Flagstaff recently during COVID? Got a work trip planned in late September and trying to figure out where to stay, Hilton or Marriott.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 1:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

"Room only" rate at Hampton Inn

What does "Room only" mean at a Hampton Inn? Do some rates not include breakfast?

In particular, I was looking at Hampton Inn Kayenta. In addition to the question about Room only, I was surprised at the increase in price to get an Honors Discount.

Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Kayenta is one of the only Hamptons that has an actual restaurant. So maybe it's implying that the price doesn't include a meal?? Or given this notice

"Temporarily not available: Airport Shuttle, Complimentary Evening Social, Concierge, Executive Lounge, Fitness Center, On-site Restaurant(s), Pool, Room Service, Spa, Valet Parking."

it really is "room only" just about.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 8:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Kayenta is one of the only Hamptons that has an actual restaurant. So maybe it's implying that the price doesn't include a meal?? Or given this notice

"Temporarily not available: Airport Shuttle, Complimentary Evening Social, Concierge, Executive Lounge, Fitness Center, On-site Restaurant(s), Pool, Room Service, Spa, Valet Parking."

it really is "room only" just about.
That makes sense, except that other rates for the same dates do not include the Room only notation. Also, elsewhere on the hotel's web site, it says that breakfast is included, but I recognize that updating web pages to reflect current conditions is not just a low priority, it's anathema. Still, I would have expected that if some rate descriptions were updated, all would have been.

If I call and ask, I'll try to remember to report what I'm told.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.