Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

Old Jan 12, 2001, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Arizona, USA {US-AZ}

I noticed that the Hampton Inns in both Sedona and Flagstaff are "Select" HHonors properties, even though the other HHonors properties in those towns, all of which (including Embassy Suites, Doubletree, and Hilton Garden) are more expensive than the Hampton Inns, are "Executive" properties and therefore require fewer HHonors points for free nights.

Does anyone know why these Hampton Inns are "Select" properties? Are *all* Hampton Inns "Select" properties for that matter? This doesn't seem to make sense.

Also, an HHonors customer service representative told me that the property decides for itself which HHonors category applies. Is this really true? I find it hard to believe that HHonors doesn't at least apply certain standards to the selection of property category.

Am curious to hear what others may know.

Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 11:48 am

Locating HHonors properties in Parker, AZ?

Is there a way to show HHonors properties closest to a zip code or an area.

I'm looking for something close to Parker, AZ
zip code 85344
Old Aug 6, 2001, 1:26 pm

vickh -- AFAIK, there are no HHonors properties in Parker, AZ. If you have to stay at an HHonors hotel, you may have to choose some other location in AZ (e.g., Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa, Flagstaff, Kayenta, Prescott, Sedona, Tucson).
Old Aug 6, 2001, 1:32 pm

not very familiar with arizona. Which would be the closest property?
Old Aug 6, 2001, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Use something like Yahoo Maps or Mapquest, punch in your address and or zip and a map will pop up then use Find nearby where you can punch in hotels or Hilton in particular, it should give you the hotels according to distance away from the original address you input

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vickh:
not very familiar with arizona. Which would be the closest property?</font>
Old Aug 6, 2001, 3:26 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vickh:
not very familiar with arizona. Which would be the closest property?</font>
I don't think that anything is really close (e.g., Phoenix is about 160 miles away).
Old Aug 6, 2001, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I live in Phoenix and have no clue where Parker is

If this is a business trip, try calling the client and asking them for a decent hotel in the area
Old May 2, 2002, 11:37 am
Suspended

Hilton HHonors Properties near the Grand Canyon

.....?
Old May 2, 2002, 11:40 am
Suspended

the closest are in Flagstaff, an 1 1/2 to 2 hr drive. thers the following:H.Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn&Suites, Embassy Suites
check roomsaver.com theres usually coupons for them but cant make advance res using them

Old May 2, 2002, 1:36 pm

Again, I wish.
Old May 2, 2002, 2:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
The only chain hotels in the immediate Grand Canyon area are a Holiday Inn Express and a Best Western. Both are in the town of Tusayan which is about 10-12 miles south of the main Grand Canyon NP entrance.

The HI Express is bare bones, but nice (for an HI XP) when I was there in Fall 1998. It seemed fairly new. The Best Western appeared older (didn't stay there so can't comment more), but has a decent dining room.
Old May 2, 2002, 2:48 pm

There is the Sedona Hilton resort, which is a few hour drive from the Canyon, but is a wonderful location in a very pretty area of Arizona (if you don't mind the granola-heads running around with their triangles looking for their vortexes!)

We were there this time last year and had a great stay at the Hilton and did the trek up to the canyon - it's an easy 1 day trip to go from one end to the other of the canyon with lot's of time for sightseeing and souvenir purchasing in there.
Old May 2, 2002, 3:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NeverAtHome:
We were there this time last year and had a great stay at the Hilton and did the trek up to the canyon - it's an easy 1 day trip to go from one end to the other of the canyon with lot's of time for sightseeing and souvenir purchasing in there.</font>
IMHO, the best experience at the Grand Canyon is watching sunrise. To be able to do that, you gotta stay right on the rim. Here are some non-chain properties:

http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/acc..._rooms_res.htm
Old May 2, 2002, 3:13 pm

Sunrise and Sunset can be fantastic!

So can a walk to the Phantom Ranch.
Old May 3, 2002, 8:16 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileKing:
..The Best Western appeared older (didn't stay there so can't comment more)... </font>
Stayed there a few years ago. Was fine, if standard.

If you're coming/going from the Four Corners area, there is a Hampton Inn in Kayenta AZ, about 150 miles away.
http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hote...tyhocn=KAYAZHX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.